• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why aliens haven’t visited Earth yet

It’s either because 1) there are no aliens or 2) there’s absolutely no reason to expend the resources to come here.

It’s either because 1) there are no aliens or 2) there’s absolutely no reason to expend the resources to come here.
Or 3) they have no idea we are here

It sounds like, from this article, that the universe is predisposed towards evolving life, just not merging it on planetary scales.

According to a new hypothesis posed by Dr Wong and Dr Bartlett: “We propose a new resolution to the Fermi paradox: civilizations either collapse from burnout or redirect themselves to prioritizing homeostasis, a state where cosmic expansion is no longer a goal, making them difficult to detect remotely.

“Either outcome — homeostatic awakening or civilization collapse — would be consistent with the observed absence of (galactic-wide) civilizations.”

The pair argue that the general principles of life are universal and that although the emergence and evolution of life on other planets remains speculative, it may be inevitable.
I think other extraterrestrial beings have been visiting earth for a long time. Way back when people were drawing in caves, they were drawing what they saw and some of those drawings sure looked like flying saucers or maybe wormholes. I've seen a gold artifact that looks just like an airplane from centuries ago. There is even a religious painting where there is guy on a mountain side with his dog and both are looking up at what appears to be a flying saucer.

With the amount of stars in the universe, I don't see how we can be alone and measuring time and distance by our standards makes no sense to a civilization that might be a million years more advanced than us. We think there is nothing faster than the speed of light, something inside of me tells me we are wrong about that.

If you could time travel and took principles of physics back a few hundred years, they would burn you at the stake.

The point I am trying to make is that you are limiting “aliens” to our principles of physics.
Which may seem rather silly to other intelligent life forms.

If you could time travel and took principles of physics back a few hundred years, they would burn you at the stake.

The point I am trying to make is that you are limiting “aliens” to our principles of physics.
Maybe, but then there’s the biology of it all. Humans will never be able to travel at a speed anywhere close to light. The acceleration would kill us. We can withstand only a few seconds at 9Gs before our heart stops. There’s no reason to believe that’s different for alien life. Nobody is zipping around the galaxy.

The reason why aliens have avoided earth so far is because they don't want to get infected with planet-destroying liberalism.

I think other extraterrestrial beings have been visiting earth for a long time. Way back when people were drawing in caves, they were drawing what they saw and some of those drawings sure looked like flying saucers or maybe wormholes. I've seen a gold artifact that looks just like an airplane from centuries ago. There is even a religious painting where there is guy on a mountain side with his dog and both are looking up at what appears to be a flying saucer.

With the amount of stars in the universe, I don't see how we can be alone and measuring time and distance by our standards makes no sense to a civilization that might be a million years more advanced than us. We think there is nothing faster than the speed of light, something inside of me tells me we are wrong about that.
I agree that the likelihood of there not being alien life out there in the immensity of space is nominal. But do they become advanced enough to have solved the problem with faster than lightspeed travel before their species outgrows their environment? Of course, they could have a larger number of natural resources and be much smaller in size than us or reach an ecological equilibrium through prior planning.

I agree that the likelihood of there not being alien life out there in the immensity of space is nominal. But do they become advanced enough to have solved the problem with faster than lightspeed travel before their species outgrows their environment? Of course, they could have a larger number of natural resources and be much smaller in size than us or reach an ecological equilibrium through prior planning.
And maybe they've learned to manage the resources they need to survive or they can find them in asteroids and comets?
Personally I've seen way too many videos from all kinds of folks, military included, of something/s in our skies. NASA's unexplained files is a pretty informative show about ufo's and such.

If there’s anyone with a radio telescope within 200 light years then they know we’re here.
But maybe even more important... past about 1700 light years, our strongest single radio emitter will not be detectable. At least, per this guy, anyway:

A sphere, 3400 light years across, w/Earth at the center. Unless we make a point of building stronger emitters, that's as far as our radio will ever reach (i.e., be discernible from other sources).

So if the Milky Way were a big plate, our radio sphere maxes out at about the size of a marble.

I agree that the interstellar distances make the physics of star travel unrealistic. And planetary resources limit civilizations' expansions.
No doubt about it. Odds are we are not alone. Similar odds are that we will never meet any other civilizations.

This explanation doesn't help. Evidence no more than a sign that something happened, something exists, or something is true. And of course, what is evidence that something happened, something exists, or something is true for me may not be evidence for you. And vice versa.

Factual evidence does not depend on opinion or point of view. Evidence is not a belief that depends on who is doing the believing. Evidence exists independent of of beliefs. Beliefs vary, evidence does not. If you believe there is evidence that the moon is made of cheese it can't be real evidence that you believe in because there is no evidence to back that up. So having a personal revelation that the moon is made of cheese is not evidence that it is.

3) they have been here - but we did not notice :)

That's a translation.
I was not sure. :)
Many US-Americans speak nothing but English and think that all the worlds speaks English - maybe including the Universe :)
And that English is the only language that counts. :)

Or they took one look at us and said "fuuuck that, ain't goin' there".

;)

4fcd6903db2fc7d6365859adab6e8a6ef3ef2bfa.jpg

Back
Top Bottom