• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why Abortion destroys the family unit

100% of those abortions are of unwanted children.

That is incorrect. Most late term abortions, while a minority, are almost (note my lack of the all inclusive statement) all wanted. The woman not wanting to die, or not wanting to subject the offspring to extreme physical or mental deformities does not make them unwanted.

That is incorrect. Most late term abortions, while a minority, are almost (note my lack of the all inclusive statement) all wanted. The woman not wanting to die, or not wanting to subject the offspring to extreme physical or mental deformities does not make them unwanted.
You are right, I forgot all about that 1% of late term abortions in my indignation at the stupidity of the abortion/war chart. Late term abortions are all children that were very much wanted when it was discovered that something was going terribly wrong with either the mother or the fetus.

For now it is, it is the opposite of moral and correct and is horrible. Abortion is never needed, adoption works.
For when you get off your suspension:

An abortion should never be done when the ZEF has died in utero, but does not get expelled naturally by the body? That is indeed one of the reasons for an abortion.

An abortion should never be done when giving birth to the offspring will result in the woman's death, but she can be saved by aborting the offspring? That too is also a reason for an abortion.

Also adoption does not always work. Even when discounting the non-adoptable children from the foster care system, most of them do not get adopted. What makes it even worse, is that the large number of children waiting to be adopted, there is also a large number of potential parents waiting to adopt. More than enough to get all the kids out of the foster system. But the system doesn't work so both sides remain unmatched.

learn to use birth control or get the good ole tubes tied, it will save your soul.
And when birth control fails, or the doctor refuses to perform the tubal ligation?

WHAT? You mean in Canada there is a requirement to have at least one kid before getting your tubes tied? That is ludicrous. The whole idea is to avoid having that one kid.
Where have you been? This is a problem here in the US as well. Women who need to get full hysterectomies due to endometriosis or other conditions are being met with the same resistance if they haven't had a child already.

- can that child live outside the women's body at that point?

- If a mother has a miscarriage, is she committing murder?
You will note that @TurboSlayer will never answer these questions, because the answers will undercut his argument. Sadly, there are several other countries that do actually charge women with murder if they have a miscarriage.

You will note that @TurboSlayer will never answer these questions, because the answers will undercut his argument. Sadly, there are several other countries that do actually charge women with murder if they have a miscarriage.
I know.
Debated if I wanted to even engage with TS.
His posts are not all that logical.

None of them forbid a woman from terminating her pregnancy.
Thou shall not kill is pretty straightforward to me. You kill a defenseless child I highly doubt God is going to be happy about his children getting murdered before having the right to be protected by the constitution.

You are changing the goal posts because you need to dehumanize the victim. Same thing happened to the blacks and jews during WW2.

1641347201592.png

Define abortion survivors. Because if you simply mean anyone who was born because their mother didn't have an abortion that would include all pro-choice people, which means your statement would be a blatant lie. It's most likely just misrepresentative though.
Like this beautiful person
1641347553361.png

In 1977, Melissa’s biological mother was a 19 year old college student when she had a saline infusion abortion that was meant to end Melissa’s life. Although her biological mother thought that she was less than five months pregnant when she had the abortion, the fact that Melissa survived and weighed almost 3 pounds indicates that her biological mother was much further along in her pregnancy than she realized. In fact, when Melissa obtained her medical records in 2007 that detail the abortion procedure that she survived, one of the first notations by a doctor after she survived was that she looked like she was approximately 31 weeks gestation! Despite the initial concerns that doctors had regarding her ability to survive, and the quality of life she would experience if she did, today Melissa is a healthy 34-year-old woman.

Already disproven earlier in the thread

It also keeps away from society destructive and evil people who would otherwise be here to cause mayhem. For every Ghandi that is born a Mussolini is born. For every Ghandi that is aborted, a Mussolini is aborted. Since you can't prove one way or another which way a born being will go, you are equally birthing or aborting good and evil, contributing and destructive.

Sacred is a subjective value.

Plenty of women with huge warm hearts that have had abortions

Specifically what problems?

What blame is attached to the "victim"?

Plenty of mothers who have had an abortion who have not been destroyed.

Plenty of families that have not been destroyed where the woman has gotten an abortion.

Goddess is just fine with it. It reduces the number born into poverty or abuse.

Except for the two children she already had as mentioned in the post. So no she doesn't have to fend for herself. In fact many women who have abortions also have children at another point in their lives. On the other side of the coin, there is also the possibility that she aborted none of her children and none of them take care of her when she's old, and she still has to fend for herself.

Define abortion survivors. Because if you simply mean anyone who was born because their mother didn't have an abortion that would include all pro-choice people, which means your statement would be a blatant lie. It's most likely just misrepresentative though.

I do believe that you are mistaken. You might want to revisit Exodus 21:22-25. If the woman is injured, it's eye for eye and all that, but the unborn child, effectively aborted by the one who struck her, simple fine. Nowhere near the penalty called for by murder. If it was considered murder then they would have called for the murder penalty.

And yet the state somehow still deprives people of life with the death penalty within both civil and military aspects.

Incorrect. First off all those laws specifically note that they do NOT apply to abortion. If such was as you claimed, then they would specifically note that they do apply to abortion. Secondly, what those laws provide for is not much more than what laws that apply to abuse and mistreatment of animals provide for. And certainly animals are not being given identical rights to that of a born person.
Your opponent said "The constitution, does however, say that the state shall at no time deprive anyone of life." I would like to add to your response that the state does not perform abortions - medical personnel do.

Thou shall not kill is pretty straightforward to me. You kill a defenseless child I highly doubt God is going to be happy about his children getting murdered before having the right to be protected by the constitution.

You are changing the goal posts because you need to dehumanize the victim. Same thing happened to the blacks and jews during WW2.

View attachment 67367412
Godwin's Law.

I have never said the zef isn't human.Please do not lie about me again.

BTW, the correct translation of the commandment is murder, not kill.

Where have you been? This is a problem here in the US as well. Women who need to get full hysterectomies due to endometriosis or other conditions are being met with the same resistance if they haven't had a child already.

If a woman has ovarian, uterine, or endometrial cancer, I am sure no oncologist is going to turn her down just because she is not a mother. It is a life-saving surgery for those women.

I can understand being rejected if she is healthy and just does not want to use less effective contraception methods, but tubal ligation would make sense for a woman who is medically unable to survive pregnancy.

Your opponent said "The constitution, does however, say that the state shall at no time deprive anyone of life." I would like to add to your response that the state does not perform abortions - medical personnel do.
It's the general idea of life saving measures and the preservation of life. Doesn't specifically have to say:

Dear Planned Parenthood and the pro death cult people:
Stop murdering our unborn children!

Thanks,

View attachment 67367412
The Hebrew says " You shall do no murder." Abortion is legal so not murder.

It's dishonest. RvW did not kill anyone.
Norma McCorvey would beg to differ. Wasn't she supposed to be the guiding light of how abortion was going to save us from ourselves? What happened????

1641351463874.png

The Hebrew says " You shall do no murder." Abortion is legal so not murder.
You are splitting hairs and you know it. This is just semantics people. When you try to pin these people down and inform them that God is angry about it, they use this line. Make no mistake, regardless of what they will tell you or what laws are on the books, they are all based on a lie (see above) so abortion is most definitely murder, 100%. This is just typical damage control. Again, they dehumanize the victims by saying they are not people. How are people supposed to become people if they get murdered first?

A society that turns its back on its own children is headed for a bad time. Mark my words.

Every wonder why all abortion SURVIVORS are pro life?
Like this beautiful person
View attachment 67367414

In 1977, Melissa’s biological mother was a 19 year old college student when she had a saline infusion abortion that was meant to end Melissa’s life. Although her biological mother thought that she was less than five months pregnant when she had the abortion, the fact that Melissa survived and weighed almost 3 pounds indicates that her biological mother was much further along in her pregnancy than she realized. In fact, when Melissa obtained her medical records in 2007 that detail the abortion procedure that she survived, one of the first notations by a doctor after she survived was that she looked like she was approximately 31 weeks gestation! Despite the initial concerns that doctors had regarding her ability to survive, and the quality of life she would experience if she did, today Melissa is a healthy 34-year-old woman.
Ok, fair enough. You are speaking specifically about someone who the mother attempted to abort, and survived regardless. However, not all abortion survivors are pro-life.

You are splitting hairs and you know it. This is just semantics people. When you try to pin these people down and inform them that God is angry about it, they use this line.
Your God is angry. He's always angry because He's really not a nice or pleasant God.
Make no mistake, regardless of what they will tell you or what laws are on the books, they are all based on a lie (see above) so abortion is most definitely murder, 100%.
You are free to call it murder. But you and your angry God don't get to call the shots for American women. We are free to call it legal abortion.
This is just typical damage control. Again, they dehumanize the victims by saying they are not people. How are people supposed to become people if they get murdered first?
Calling a fetus a fetus is just simple fact. Calling a fetus a little unborn child is dishonest semantics. It's a fetus.
A society that turns its back on its own children is headed for a bad time. Mark my words.
Abortion is not turning backs on children. On the contrary it is a medical procedure used by women and their families that have determined that now is a very bad time to bring a child into the family for psychological or financial or legal or medical reasons and the child will suffer. Why do you and your God want to create a child that has almost not chance of success as an adult. Do you realize what a horror you are trying to impose on children?

60% of women that get abortions have a child later when the family can support a child. But for now, they have decided that they can not welcome a child with the love, stability and care that every child needs to grow up into a successful adult. If they bring a child into the home now its chances for success are very slim.

Look at the statistics for unwanted children and ask yourself, why are you wishing a desperate life of poverty, crime, homelessness, addiction, suicide, mental illness on American children.

Back
Top Bottom