• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Whovians

Sykes

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I searched back to spring, didn't find any Doctor Who threads. A place this size surely has fans?

I searched back to spring, didn't find any Doctor Who threads. A place this size surely has fans?

Yep.I'm one.
Been a huge fan since the late 70's.
Can't wait till the the 50th anniversary episode and the Christmas episode.
Sucks that Matt's gone after that.I was beginning to like him.

My wife prefers Torchwood.

Yep.I'm one.
Been a huge fan since the late 70's.
Can't wait till the the 50th anniversary episode and the Christmas episode.
Sucks that Matt's gone after that.I was beginning to like him.

My wife prefers Torchwood.

Tennant was my favorite, but I only started watching with nine.

I wish they'd do another full Torchwood season, and not just these mini-events.

Fantastic! A doctor who thread.

A friend living over in England had been trying to get me to watch for a while. I finally started them back in early June with the 9th (10th now? grr John Hurt) Doctor and finished up with them by mid July. Just absolutely great. The first half of season 1 was a little rocky, and a lot of season 6 and 7 was a little to "Timey whimey" for me, but over all they've been great.

Tennat would definitely be "my doctor" thus far. I like Matt Smiths, and Eccelson's was great but needed more time...but it was during Tennants run that I really began to understand the series and get completely wrapped up in it.

Due to my friend though, I'm massively disappointed that Moffat isn't embracing Who past with the 50th. Writing out the 8th Doctor's part in the time war basically, not including any of the living actors (the 8th at least being clearly still young enough to play his doctor well), it's just kind of annoying.

Fantastic! A doctor who thread.

A friend living over in England had been trying to get me to watch for a while. I finally started them back in early June with the 9th (10th now? grr John Hurt) Doctor and finished up with them by mid July. Just absolutely great. The first half of season 1 was a little rocky, and a lot of season 6 and 7 was a little to "Timey whimey" for me, but over all they've been great.

Tennat would definitely be "my doctor" thus far. I like Matt Smiths, and Eccelson's was great but needed more time...but it was during Tennants run that I really began to understand the series and get completely wrapped up in it.

Due to my friend though, I'm massively disappointed that Moffat isn't embracing Who past with the 50th. Writing out the 8th Doctor's part in the time war basically, not including any of the living actors (the 8th at least being clearly still young enough to play his doctor well), it's just kind of annoying.

I have single-handedly introduced so many people to the Doctor, I should get an award of some sort. My wife is a Whovian as well, in fact that was our first point of 'me too!'

Eccleston is my favorite, Tennant is hers. Neither of us much liked Smith, so we'll see what this new person brings to the table.

Comic Relief did Who a couple of years ago. They affectionately savaged the cliches!

Yes, though I'm more of a Jon Pertwee/Tom Baker fan than of the modern stuff.

Yes, though I'm more of a Jon Pertwee/Tom Baker fan than of the modern stuff.

Do you think you'll watch now that there is a much older Doctor?

Do you think you'll watch now that there is a much older Doctor?

Oh I've watched a bit of the new stuff too; it's pretty good. I just don't follow it episode by episode.

Oh I've watched a bit of the new stuff too; it's pretty good. I just don't follow it episode by episode.

I stopped watching about 1.5 seasons into Matt Smith. Just couldn't accept him after Tennant. I'll start watching again with this new guy.

Anyone catch the minisode that just came out...The Night of the Doctor?

Must say, that was a pleasent and well recieved surprise

I am surprised this is not an active thread after tonights episode.

50 Years of time traveling.

I used to be a great fan, I have on VCR tape some of the second doctors episodes, all of John Pertwee's third doctor, Tom Bakers Fourth Doctor, I really like him. All the episodes of Peter Davidson's fifth doctor, Colin Bakers sixth doctor and 3 or 4 episodes the the seventh doctor Sylvester McCoy. Then it was taken of PBS here in the states and I haven't seen an episode since then. But I do go back and watch these olds time and time again. I especially like the episodes like the FIVE DOCTORs and the Three Doctors which puts more than one together.

I suppose one of these days I will need to transfer the tapes to DVD's if I want to keep them. But there is no hurry, I bought 5 VCRs last year just in case.

well of course, i am, i just never really thought of starting a thread for it.

I used to be a great fan, I have on VCR tape some of the second doctors episodes, all of John Pertwee's third doctor, Tom Bakers Fourth Doctor, I really like him. All the episodes of Peter Davidson's fifth doctor, Colin Bakers sixth doctor and 3 or 4 episodes the the seventh doctor Sylvester McCoy. Then it was taken of PBS here in the states and I haven't seen an episode since then. But I do go back and watch these olds time and time again. I especially like the episodes like the FIVE DOCTORs and the Three Doctors which puts more than one together.

I suppose one of these days I will need to transfer the tapes to DVD's if I want to keep them. But there is no hurry, I bought 5 VCRs last year just in case.

You should do it asap. Video tapes do not last forever.. they actually have a sell buy date of under 10 years if not run regularly. And even if you run them regularly then they only last 15ish years.

You should do it asap. Video tapes do not last forever.. they actually have a sell buy date of under 10 years if not run regularly. And even if you run them regularly then they only last 15ish years.

Thanks, I did not know that.

Well, I missed the 50th and it hadn't shown up on Demand when last I checked.

Well, I missed the 50th and it hadn't shown up on Demand when last I checked.
I got lucky and got invited to a 3D screening of the 50th anniversary show with a friend who writes Who articles for New Yorker magazine (online) and Vulture. Not only was it a delightfully well done show, but the audience was filled with families and their small children. I've never seen so many kids in bow ties and they all had sonic screwdrivers too! He decided to dedicate one of his blog posts to the subject that Dr. Who can make the world a better place.;)
The Rued Morgue: Doctor Who Can Make the World a Better Place

Thought I'd share another of his pieces on the 50th special.
25 Defining Moments From 50 Years of Doctor Who -- Vulture

Awesome share, thank you!

Back
Top Bottom