• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Whose Call Is It?

The virus decides.

States that open up early for Tweety's ego should be held financially responsible if they spread the virus.

Trump passed the buck (chocked in crunch time) and now is trying to regain stature.

Con man to the very end.

States that open up early for Tweety's ego should be held financially responsible if they spread the virus.

Then New York already owes us a **** ton of money for the damage their residents have caused to the nation.

Then New York already owes us a **** ton of money for the damage their residents have caused to the nation.

Not really. Viruses spread quickly in population dense areas under most circumstances. Return flights from abroad were a federal disaster, as well. I'm sure you've seen the pictures.

It's up to the states. The same goes for shutting stuff down. We have a Constitution that lays such things out quite clearly.

Might want to clue in your boy that can do “nothing right.”

Your opinion? Is he trolling or does he not know about the 10th Amendment?

It's up to the states. The same goes for shutting stuff down. We have a Constitution that lays such things out quite clearly.

Yes. All governors will make the decision when to start opening things up. Governors and the states bordering them will likely work together in making those decisions. I just heard this morning that Cuomo is working with the governor of NJ, CT about reopening areas. The governor of IL. says he is in discussions about opening back up not before April 30th but sooner than later. My governor Dewine said yesterday they were in talks preparing a plan to open up. So my thoughts are a good part of the country will be up and running with certain guidelines that will have to be followed.

Yes. All governors will make the decision when to start opening things up. Governors and the states bordering them will likely work together in making those decisions. I just heard this morning that Cuomo is working with the governor of NJ, CT about reopening areas. The governor of IL. says he is in discussions about opening back up not before April 30th but sooner than later. My governor Dewine said yesterday they were in talks preparing a plan to open up. So my thoughts are a good part of the country will be up and running with certain guidelines that will have to be followed.

Well, I am sick and tired of being shut down and this weekend was the kicker. I needed coco lopez, pineapple syrup, Bacardi 151 and stylish cocktail umbrellas on Saturday. I headed off to BevMo because I KNOW they have that stuff. When I got there I discovered that I had to order online and then have them deliver to the car. That was absurd so I was stuck searching grocery stores. The coconut stuff I got was in a mayonnaise squeeze bottle, the only pineapple stuff I could find that wasn't already in whole pineapple form was some funky juice and there was no 151 to be found anywhere. The cocktail umbrellas, fortunately, were available.

Well, I am sick and tired of being shut down and this weekend was the kicker. I needed coco lopez, pineapple syrup, Bacardi 151 and stylish cocktail umbrellas on Saturday. I headed off to BevMo because I KNOW they have that stuff. When I got there I discovered that I had to order online and then have them deliver to the car. That was absurd so I was stuck searching grocery stores. The coconut stuff I got was in a mayonnaise squeeze bottle, the only pineapple stuff I could find that wasn't already in whole pineapple form was some funky juice and there was no 151 to be found anywhere. The cocktail umbrellas, fortunately, were available.

:lol: I feel your pain. Each day is blurring into the other. I am not getting dressed until 1:00 in the afternoon. I have no desire to be productive and the least little thing irritates me. I think they call it depression.

Remember back during the Obama administration it was..

STATE RIGHTS!!! STATE RIGHTS!!! THE PRESIDENT IS EXCEEDING HIS AUTHORITY!!!

Remember that conservatives? What changed?

For us liberals, here's why we are defending state rights; Trump.

You Trump supporters forced our hand. You gave us a president who seeks more control for the executive branch since day one (as you accused Obama of doing). You gave us a scandal-riddled president (as you accused Obama of being) whose staff is always getting fired and some being sent to jail (something that Obama cannot be accused of in such numbers and turnover). You gave us a president who is woefully unfit to even BE president.

So that when we discovered that for many states, our governors were up to the task as well as our state assemblies (Republicans supporting Democrat governors and vice versa due to performance)...we see now, the greater value of the 10th Amendment.

It is an interesting shift, seeing how we now take up the mantle of state rights in this case...while you prefer to support a man over the Constitution.

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1249712404260421633?s=21

I can’t remember any time in our history to relate to the current state of our union. Whose call is it to “open the country?”

Governors. It was Governors who declared the State of Emergency in their respective States, and it will be the Governors who determine when to lift the restrictions they imposed. The President can make suggestions, but only the Governors have the authority.

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1249712404260421633?s=21

I can’t remember any time in our history to relate to the current state of our union. Whose call is it to “open the country?”
I think it should be regional. The U.S. covers an area roughly the size of Europe. We wouldn't expect all of Europe to reopen at once, nor should all of the U.S. I think the plan taken by California, Oregon, and Washington to coordinating reopening their economies should be modeled in other regions in the U.S.

I think it should be regional. The U.S. covers an area roughly the size of Europe. We wouldn't expect all of Europe to reopen at once, nor should all of the U.S. I think the plan taken by California, Oregon, and Washington to coordinating reopening their economies should be modeled in other regions in the U.S.

It will really be the people who decide, not government. Government cannot restrict the movements of an entire population without violating the Due Process clause of both the Fifth and Fourteenth Amendments. Which means this so-called government ordered shut-down is voluntary. People will stay at home until they realize they have been lied to by their politicians, and then they will be looking for blood and no stay-at-home order will stop them. It is already beginning in Michigan.

According to Trump:

View attachment 67277808

and the possible result:

View attachment 67277809

Your meme about the influenza virus of 1918 is a deliberate lie.

Because the US, and most other European nations, were involved in WW I there were no reports of the influenza virus in the media. Every nation involved in the war censored their media and refused to allow anyone to report on the devastating effects of the influenza virus. Only Spain, who was not involved in WW I, could report on the influenza virus of 1918. Which is why to this day we erroneous call an influenza virus that began in Kansas the "Spanish Flu" because Spain was the first country to actually report it.

It will really be the people who decide, not government. Government cannot restrict the movements of an entire population without violating the Due Process clause of both the Fifth and Fourteenth Amendments. Which means this so-called government ordered shut-down is voluntary. People will stay at home until they realize they have been lied to by their politicians, and then they will be looking for blood and no stay-at-home order will stop them. It is already beginning in Michigan.
Actually, government can restrict the movements of an entire population without violating due process. The right to travel, like all rights, is not absolute. But that's a bit off topic.

Actually, government can restrict the movements of an entire population without violating due process. The right to travel, like all rights, is not absolute. But that's a bit off topic.

No, they cannot, but that is because you do not comprehend the meaning of procedural due process. No government (local, State, or federal) has the authority to suspend, alter, or terminate any of your individual rights by decree. They are required to prove their case, on an individual basis, in a court of law. Until they do that they cannot restrict anyone's right to travel freely.

No, they cannot, but that is because you do not comprehend the meaning of procedural due process. No government (local, State, or federal) has the authority to suspend, alter, or terminate any of your individual rights by decree. They are required to prove their case, on an individual basis, in a court of law. Until they do that they cannot restrict anyone's right to travel freely.
By your reasoning, the government must prove in a court of law, on an individual basis, why someone needs to have a driver's license before banning driving without a license. That just isn't how due process works. You are confusing procedural due process with the substantive constitutionality of a law.

Last edited:
Who is going to be responsible for the financial losses from staying closed? Why is getting people back to work a "Tweety's ego" issue?

Back
Top Bottom