• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who's the Nastiest, Dems or GOP

Who's the most irrational?

• GOP

Votes: 18 69.2%
  • Dems

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Neither

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equal

Votes: 4 15.4%

• Total voters
Might be a matter of semantics, if someone posted a poll asking which party is the most divisive - the Dems or the GOP, it would be asking the same question while leaving out the word "nasty."
He put it in his headline so let him reap what he sows.

He put it in his headline so let him reap what he sows.

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks"
It's an appropriate word in this context.

nas·ty
/ˈnastē/
adjective

a person behaving in an unpleasant or spiteful way.

No doubt, the partisanship is bitter. Which side presents their argument with the least civility, fairness and common sense?

My take is that the Dems want to ridicule, demean, label, and shame everyone into compliance. You're just a stupid asshole if you don't completely agree. The GOP wants to freak everyone out by calling the Dems unrealistic, unpatriotic lunatics who want to destroy the country. Both sides have problems with growing, fringe, extremist elements. The middle ground is quickly disappearing, leaving a growing swath of the voting public (both siders) disenfranchised or forced into a tribe.

Examples of this?

The OP is upset that his nasty poll is a flop. Too funny. LOL

When I say hop, you say 'how high?'
I'm trying to make a point that I personally am tired of Putin propaganda and if someone can't be specific and back it with fact, then they really have not fully committed to being an American. Americans seek the truth.

I'm trying to make a point that I personally am tired of Putin propaganda and if someone can't be specific and back it with fact, then they really have not fully committed to being an American. Americans seek the truth.

A lot of political accusations are innuendo, suspicion, half-truths, lies, propaganda, etc. Americans may seek the truth but seem to be more willing to accept less in order to fit in.

Dems, of course.

If you do not bow down to their agenda, they use the "racist card" against you.

They are very sanctimonious about their support of a certain group. They talk the talk, but many of them no doubt do not walk the walk.

What strikes me is how both parties complain at times that their side is not being as nasty as the other, seeing that as a weakness. But I think that the extremes on the right are closer to the GOP power structure than those on the left are to the Democrats'. That may change as Trump fades in influence.

-snip-
My take is that the Dems want to ridicule, demean, label, and shame everyone into compliance. You're just a stupid asshole if you don't -snip-
My guess is you are witting because if you are as clueless as you are making out to be, you would display numerous spelling errors!

The GOP devolved in 2015 into "Trump party". It is a psy-op, a Con, versus the remaining major U.S. party, the democratIC party.

The creation of this thread combined with the example I am presenting supports that this is not a political rivalry of two major parties.
One is reduced to a cult buried by murdochtrumps**t.

Why focus on unprecedented wealth concentration and the ramp up in the rate of U.S. national debt increase or on pursuing solutions
to the impending challenge of continued funding Social Security benefit payments at present levels when there are votes to be extracted by ginning up racial unrest?

Attempts to ban teaching on 'critical race theory ...
Conservative groups such as the Heritage Foundation and ALEC have stepped up pressure on conservative state lawmakers to rein in the teaching of critical race theory...

Consider that average foxnews audience are 65 years old, almost none have school age children in their households. They have vital
political issues to concern themselves with, if they were coherent. Instead, all manipulation is to fluff concentrate wealth & power and to
scape goat those the Trump cult have been conditioned since Reagan's "strapping young buck with a T-bone steak" to scape goat as a
way to feel somehow superior and to literally identify with their captors. Call it cuckolded by the Koch strategy.

GARBAGE IN:
51250665936_124c28a32a_b.jpg

GARBAGE OUT:
Attempts to ban teaching on 'critical race theory' multiply across the U.S.
WTOL| May 24, 2021
Conservative groups such as the Heritage Foundation and ALEC have stepped up pressure on conservative state lawmakers to rein in the teaching of critical race theory....

Despite Bill Proposals, State Receives Few Complaints on 'Divisive' Critical Race Theory
June 7, 2021
Despite two different pieces of legislation seeking to ban the practice ... hosted by ALEC and titled "Workshop Against Critical Theory ...

June 15, 2021
By Brandy Zadrozny

,,A list of demands. A conservative media frenzy.

A movement is launched

..many educators began looking for ways to teach students about the protests following George Floyd’s murder, and reposition how American history is taught.
When the ..School in the suburbs of Philadelphia decided to teach students about the concepts of racism, privilege and justice during the last week of classes, Fishbein, a mother of two students in the school, sprang into action.
Fishbein, a former social worker, sent a letter to the superintendent calling the lessons a “plan to indoctrinate the children into the 'woke’ culture.” ... Fishbein said other white parents in the district attacked her on Facebook when she shared her letter. So Fishbein moved her children to private school and started a group to advocate against anti-racist teaching. She called it No Left Turn in Education.

“The schools have been hijacked,” she said .. Fishbein’s endeavor received a significant boost in September, when she appeared on Tucker Carlson’s prime-time Fox News show. By the next day, No Left Turn’s Facebook page had shot up .. over 30,000. The group now has 30 chapters in 23 states, a rapid expansion Fishbein credits to Carlson’s show.

“He launched our movements — he doesn't know it, but he did,” Fishbein said.

...Throughout the winter, organizations like the Heritage Foundation, a conservative think tank, and the American Legislative Exchange Council, which produces model bills on Republican causes, held webinars that warned about the threat of teaching critical race theory.
Fishbein said she took part in a private briefing hosted by the Heritage Foundation in May that featured lawmakers from Idaho, New Hampshire, Oklahoma, Texas and other states to discuss model legislation to block critical race theory... The Heritage Foundation declined to comment..."

Dems by far are the nastiest. That's why they hate Trump so much. He beats them at their game. Dems are also the least rational.

They're both full of a-holes, but most aren't all that bad. Being in the middle, I get it from both ends, so I can attest it's true.
While I agree to this somewhat, I have never had one of my Democrat/left leaning friends say that all <insert GOP politician, Trump here> supporters/voters should be killed. I did have a Republican/right leaning "friend" say this on Facebook, post it on Facebook that all Biden supporters/voters should be killed.

I also have never seen a sign in the back of any vehicle calling GOP/Trump supporters crazy and/or deserving of death.

Yes these are personal accounts, and I do know that some liberals/Democrats have probably/likely done these things. It just feels closer to home when I've seen one side do it, witnessed in person them say it or present it, while I haven't personally seen it from the other.

I do believe there are definitely some very bad and nasty liberals out there, irrational left leaning individuals who hate people or present arguments that are plain stupid, just as there are on the right. And there are claims related to "he/she is racist" that are irrational or overboard, especially when made before any sort of relevant information is given or when the information doesn't even fit with those claims. There are claims like this made on the right which tend to be much more political in nature, so more of a "well you/your side do it, so I will do it too" thing.

While I agree to this somewhat, I have never had one of my Democrat/left leaning friends say that all <insert GOP politician, Trump here> supporters/voters should be killed. I did have a Republican/right leaning "friend" say this on Facebook, post it on Facebook that all Biden supporters/voters should be killed.

I also have never seen a sign in the back of any vehicle calling GOP/Trump supporters crazy and/or deserving of death.

Yes these are personal accounts, and I do know that some liberals/Democrats have probably/likely done these things. It just feels closer to home when I've seen one side do it, witnessed in person them say it or present it, while I haven't personally seen it from the other.

I do believe there are definitely some very bad and nasty liberals out there, irrational left leaning individuals who hate people or present arguments that are plain stupid, just as there are on the right. And there are claims related to "he/she is racist" that are irrational or overboard, especially when made before any sort of relevant information is given or when the information doesn't even fit with those claims. There are claims like this made on the right which tend to be much more political in nature, so more of a "well you/your side do it, so I will do it too" thing.
I was basing my comment on reactions from left and right on the internet. There are many more people to go by there than I talk politics with irl.

Back
Top Bottom