• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Who's the best debator on these forums?

Re: Whose the best debator on these forums?

Kelzie said:
Shut up. :lol:

My post #28 on that thread directly after you made your statement....

"The oil you speak of from north Africa constitutes a very small fraction of the whole of Africa. We are talking about an entire continent in trouble."

I had to look, because I couldn't believe I would have been so obtuse as to refuse to acknowledge such a widely known fact.

Perhaps I haven't been around long enough to earn some respect. I think that I make sound logical arguments and sometimes have some humor to them. I am biased, yet I am not saying that I am the best. I just am wondering where the love is. :lol:

GySgt said:
My post #28 on that thread directly after you made your statement....

"The oil you speak of from north Africa constitutes a very small fraction of the whole of Africa. We are talking about an entire continent in trouble."

I had to look, because I couldn't believe I would have been so obtuse as to refuse to acknowledge such a widely known fact.

Well subsaharan Africa has oil too...do I have to pull up the map again? :lol:

Kelzie said:
Well subsaharan Africa has oil too...do I have to pull up the map again? :lol:

No...enjoy your imagined victory. It's all yours.;)

My list is a little bit different. Like you, I thought I was going to come here and show everyone how this war was bad, but I was in for a rude awakening! It was hard to endure an arguement against Gunny's logic, or Skilly's never quit attitude. I agree with you on cnredd, he does calls me on **** all the time, and I do think he goes around looking for fallacies to call people on. But on the flip side, I think Billo_Really is a great debater. He proved time and time again that he can swim in deep waters. Again,it all depends on the topic we are debating. I don't know how these guys would fare if they went in the evolution forum, it's clear that the likes of steen and Mr. Fungus420 rule there.

galenrox said:
Cnredd catches me on crap all of the time, I think he browses around for the sole purpose on finding people who say things that aren't true just to call them out, but yeah, he's one of the few who I've had to say "Damn, I was wrong" to, and I hate him for it

I don't think I do anything out of the ordinary...

I will admit I read more than most, but that's not why I can come up with stuff that was said in the past...The actual reason is simple...

I pay attention to what is written...You should consider it a compliment...:2wave:

Most of the stuff I find "contradictory" are things that involved a conversation that either involved me directly or something I had interest in, so if I see you say "A", I think to myself, "Didn't he day "B" earlier?"...

Also, some are just too damn easy...They'll throw personal attacks at someone, then the next day claim they've never said such a thing....

There's one in particular that is the "Champ" at it...;)

GySgt said:
No...enjoy your imagined victory. It's all yours.;)

I will thankyouverymuch. I'm doing my victory dance right now. Since you're familiar with Will & Grace, you've probably seen it...

:2party:

I win, you lose, I win I win, you lose.

Joking.:mrgreen: There's a reason I stopped going to the war/terror threads after our first couple run ins. You're kind of scary. :shock:

galenrox said:
I've come to my final list. It's comprised of the people who have made me feel like I'm stupid because they either caught a gaping whole in my logic or just said something really smart that I didn't see coming.
Gunny. I was all pompous about the war thinking I'd come in and show everyone that the war was bad, and BAM, I felt like a jackass.
Cnredd catches me on crap all of the time, I think he browses around for the sole purpose on finding people who say things that aren't true just to call them out, but yeah, he's one of the few who I've had to say "Damn, I was wrong" to, and I hate him for it
shuamort I don't debate with much, but I'm almost positive he's schooled me before.
and the dark horse
Kelzie. She's never beaten me in a debate, and I'm quite a bit smarter and more knowledgable than her, but DAMN dude, she never gives up, and always has something else relevent to say, it's not like she doesn't give up cause she doesn't listen to reason, she just provides a new reason every g-damned post!

DAMN IT BOY!!! Admit I'm right! You know I am!!!! Find me one source, just ONE that says that liberal economics is more controlling. I've given you like five at least that say otherwise.

Smarter/more knowlegable my ass. :nahnah:

Although, you *might* know more about economics than me. Even if you do have the definitions screwed up. ;)

Kelzie said:
Okay fine...if you wanna play hard ball :)lol: ). Did he have them when we invaded?

And mannn...I don't wanna find it. Sigh...

And it took forever too:

from here:

http://www.debatepolitics.com/showthread.php?t=2104&page=3&highlight=africa

And then we argued about it for a couple pages. I so shoulda won that one.

No becasue when we invaded he knew when we were going to invade at least a month in advance which gave Sadaams gov plenty of time to get them out of the country. I knew before we were going to go in that we would never find them becasue dumb nut bush told Iraq exactly when we were going to invade before we invaded. But Bush had to tell them becasue that was "civilized warfare" thanks to the holy UN. Which IMO the WMD thing has nothing to do with the war. And it shouldnt. Its just a far cry for an excuse to smear our gov. I mean if you are going to smear people at least do so in a better fashion. I can think of more worse things about the gov than stupid WMD's. You wanna whine? Fine, then whine over somehting worthy like how come our gov knew 9/11 was going to happen and did nothing abou it? That would be a worthy issue and IMO if you want to impeach someone that should be the reason to do so.

Also I think you read into things too much kelzie. Gunny knows that Africa has oil. He was making a vague statment about the overall continent of africa. Per sq mi the ME has 99% more oil than compared to africa. So in comparison Gunny made an accurate statement. However, he couldve said a little more accurately that africa wasnt completely desolate of oil.

No...enjoy your imagined victory. It's all yours

Remember, always let the girl win. You will win in other ways. If you know what I mean.:lol:

There's one in particular that is the "Champ" at it...

You mean 26 champs? :lol:

Ahhh man I wanted to be the champ at that one. :lol:

SKILMATIC said:
No becasue when we invaded he knew when we were going to invade at least a month in advance which gave Sadaams gov plenty of time to get them out of the country. I knew before we were going to go in that we would never find them becasue dumb nut bush told Iraq exactly when we were going to invade before we invaded. But Bush had to tell them becasue that was "civilized warfare" thanks to the holy UN. Which IMO the WMD thing has nothing to do with the war. And it shouldnt. Its just a far cry for an excuse to smear our gov. I mean if you are going to smear people at least do so in a better fashion. I can think of more worse things about the gov than stupid WMD's. You wanna whine? Fine, then whine over somehting worthy like how come our gov knew 9/11 was going to happen and did nothing abou it? That would be a worthy issue and IMO if you want to impeach someone that should be the reason to do so.

Also I think you read into things too much kelzie. Gunny knows that Africa has oil. He was making a vague statment about the overall continent of africa. Per sq mi the ME has 99% more oil than compared to africa. So in comparison Gunny made an accurate statement. However, he couldve said a little more accurately that africa wasnt completely desolate of oil.

I'm not going to smear Bush. He can at least admit when he's wrong.

And what is with you people and claiming stuff without actually reading up on it?

Africa has 7% of the worlds total oil. Which is not a small number. They also have 7% of the worlds natural gas.

Kelzie said:
I'm not going to smear Bush. He can at least admit when he's wrong.

And what is with you people and claiming stuff without actually reading up on it?

Africa has 7% of the worlds total oil. Which is not a small number. They also have 7% of the worlds natural gas.

Ok well he already admitted he was wrong didnt he? So whats your problem? :rofl

And just fyi N america has more oil than all of africa. The problem with alaskas oil is its a 27gravity level and the oil in africa is a 20-24gravity level which is obviously easier to harvest and refine plus in africa its cheap labor than in the US. Also in terms of production and reserves the African continent in regards to all other contenints is the lowest. Even in eastern europe it produces and is home to more reserves than all of africa. In alaska alone in 05 so far has produced some 30million barrels. Africa does produce alot but your talking the land size of like 15 alaskas and the population of like 200x it(guestimating). Its all about per sq mi.

Dude are you on crack? Think really hard about this, what was the prerequisite for us not attacking? Getting rid of his WMD's, there was an ultimatum, and what you're saying as a JUSTIFICATION for the war that Saddam did what he had to do to not get attacked, and we attacked him anyways.

Actually, are you on crack? Because even a moron knew we werent going to find them once we declared war and told them the exact date we were going in. You mean to tell me that he never gased his own people with the fake WMD's he had? You mean to tell me that 12 different domestic intelligence agencies, 37 different countries administrations, 45 foreign intelligence agencies, 4 American presidential administrations including Clinton, and not to mention Kerry's admissions that they all said overwhelmingly they were there. And not one credible person said they werent there. Now ask yourself this question if you were Bush what would you have done? Think carefully now I dont want you to hurt yourself or drop that crack pipe of yours. :lol: :rofl

SKILMATIC said:
Ok well he already admitted he was wrong didnt he? So whats your problem? :rofl

And just fyi N america has more oil than all of africa. The problem with alaskas oil is its a 27gravity level and the oil in africa is a 20-24gravity level which is obviously easier to harvest and refine plus in africa its cheap labor than in the US. Also in terms of production and reserves the African continent in regards to all other contenints is the lowest. Even in eastern europe it produces and is home to more reserves than all of africa. In alaska alone in 05 so far has produced some 30million barrels. Africa does produce alot but your talking the land size of like 15 alaskas and the population of like 200x it(guestimating). Its all about per sq mi.

And Africa produces 2,847 MILLION barrels a year. 2005's almost over. Alaska better pick up the pace. Don't even try to talk oil to me. It has nothing to do with square mileage. It has to do with the individual structures of the wells and how far they have already been drained.

And you're wrong. Europe has the least. Followed by the Asia/Pacific area.

Kelzie said:
And Africa produces 2,847 MILLION barrels a year. 2005's almost over. Alaska better pick up the pace. Don't even try to talk oil to me. It has nothing to do with square mileage. It has to do with the individual structures of the wells and how far they have already been drained.

Africa produces averagely around 3MILLION MORE BARRELS ADAY THAN N AMERICA. However, thats not saying much since we dont really produce oil anyway. The major thing we do is refinement. The mental cases stoped us from driling remember? So to tell you the truth if we could we would be able to out produce africa anyday if we were allowed too. And 7% of the entire worlds oil is not much at all considering africa is the second largest continent in the world. IN comparison to the ME which is a fraction of the size of africa the ME outproduces everyone in oil production.

And no your wrong N America produces the least oil. The far east and oceania actually produces more than the ME.

Kelzie said:

I won't bother

but any facts you have on oil please, share the wealth with a PM. I would very much apperciate it. Thank you

Thanks again!

galenrox said:
That makes me curious, especially since neither of you are citing anything behind these numbers, you can't both be right.
Isn't Indonesia the world's largest oil producer?

Is this the part where I come in show you a post from 3 months ago you've written saying that Indonesia is NOT the world's largest oil producer?...;)

cnredd said:
Is this the part where I come in show you a post from 3 months ago you've written saying that Indonesia is NOT the world's largest oil producer?...;)

Yea I think so. However, I am sure you will find that it was actually 3 hours ago.

galenrox said:
That makes me curious, especially since neither of you are citing anything behind these numbers, you can't both be right.
Isn't Indonesia the world's largest oil producer?

Fine. Here:

One: http://www.eia.doe.gov/pub/oil_gas/...ons/oil_market_basics/Sup_image_worldprod.htm

Two:http://www.eia.doe.gov/oiaf/ieo/pdf/ieooiltab_6.pdf

Three: http://www.eia.doe.gov/pub/oil_gas/...ions/oil_market_basics/Sup_image_Reserves.htm

Four:
http://hermia.sourceoecd.org/vl=3489240/cl=27/nw=1/rpsv/factbook/11-01-03-g01.htm

You want more? I can find it.

Kelzie said:
First source shows petroleum life cycle. Nothing to do with production.

Second post backs me up...if you want to take the time to add up all the countries.

I know I just thought it was interesting.

Really? IN what way?

SKILMATIC said:
I know I just thought it was interesting.

Really? IN what way?

Add them up. It supports that Europe is the lowest, followed by Asia/Pacific. Which is what I said.

Kelzie said:
Add them up. It supports that Europe is the lowest, followed by Asia/Pacific. Which is what I said.

Really? Are you sure? Please submit a link. :rofl

Just kidding I just wanted to see what its like to be like galen. :lol:

Well please tell me in detail how you are adding them? And what are you using as the detail by which you are adding? Are you adding by oil production? Oil exports? Please let me know

Back
Top Bottom