• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who's tax returns should we see in 2023?

Who's tax returns should we see in 2023?

• Paul Pelosi

• James Biden

• Elaine Chao

• Chuck Schumer

• Chuck Todd

• Liz Cheney

• Anthony Fauci

• Anthony D. Romero

• No tax return except your own

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Now that everyone, on the left at least, likes looking at tax returns and finds it imperative, let's look at everyone's including spouses of important government officials. Let's start with the leadership of Congress, since that place lacks any scruples at all, and hasn't done their job (I wonder why) for many decades. Time to expose that shithole for what it is.

Now that everyone, on the left at least, likes looking at tax returns and finds it imperative, let's look at everyone's including spouses of important government officials.
Translation: Anyone's but Trump's.

Who's tax returns would you like to see next? I would be interested in those listed; given that tax returns can go public if a majority in congress wants them to. I only expect to see mine.
Do you understand the uniqueness of the President and his power?

If any of those people become President we should see their tax returns.

I don't understand how wanting to see a Presidents tax returns is so hard for some people to grasp.
I can grasp "wanting" to see them. I cannot grasp thinking you have some right to see them.

Considering how many Congressmen are elected well below millionaire net worth and how many gain to millionaire net worth while in office on a Congressman's compensation, I think it fair to say that everyone in Congress need to make their tax returns public.
BINGO! And I'll go as far to say that EVERYBODY who gets rich serving the people should be investigated. How can it be that those serving the people get richer while the people get poorer? To me this screams BROKEN SYSTEM! The problem is that both sides of congress are guilty of this and this will eventually go nowhere because when the shit hits the fan, all will be found to be dirty. Congress protects all those within congress who play the game, and punishes outsiders, like Trump, who want to upset the apple cart.

I picked a more conservative list than some, because there is a careful balance here. I looked for those who could have a really oversize impact on public economic or tax policy. I don't need every Congresspersons taxes. I need those who are sitting on those committees that have a direct and imposing impact on revenue, the budgets, the tax rules, IRS budget. People who can insert or kill specific amendments that will enrich their family and that will happen in committee of jurisdiction, or in Ways and Means, or the Rules committee. I don't need to see the taxes of every person in the West Wing, but I do need to see the taxes of the Presidents Chief of Staff, Director of the OMB, and the Treasury Secretary, and maybe the office of the Trade Representative, and of course the members of the Federal Reserve Board.

Back
Top Bottom