• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who's tax returns should we see in 2023?

Who's tax returns should we see in 2023?

• Paul Pelosi

• James Biden

• Elaine Chao

• Chuck Schumer

• Chuck Todd

• Liz Cheney

• Anthony Fauci

• Anthony D. Romero

• No tax return except your own

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Eriech

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Who's tax returns would you like to see next? I would be interested in those listed; given that tax returns can go public if a majority in congress wants them to. I only expect to see mine.

The difference is that probably everyone on that list would have no qualms about having their finances scrutinized, though they would probably object to requests that appear to be motivated by nothing more than frivolous spite.

Who's tax returns would you like to see next? I would be interested in those listed; given that tax returns can go public if a majority in congress wants them to. I only expect to see mine.

Every president since Nixon made their taxes public up until Donald Trump.

Trump and his MAGAts insisted he would release them as soon as he was no longer audited. We now know for a fact that was a lie.

Anybody who owns a needs to prove their income by tax returns. It's the only way you can. I own businesses and that's how I do it.

Other: Marjorie Taylor Greene and Lauren Boebert.

Considering how many Congressmen are elected well below millionaire net worth and how many gain to millionaire net worth while in office on a Congressman's compensation, I think it fair to say that everyone in Congress need to make their tax returns public.

Is it me or is everyone on that list a private citizen?

Considering how many Congressmen are elected well below millionaire net worth and how many gain to millionaire net worth while in office on a Congressman's compensation, I think it fair to say that everyone in Congress need to make their tax returns public.
I think all public servants should show their tax returns, including their appointments.

Actually that's not a reason at all. When one's annual salary is already between $175,00-$200,000, becoming a "millionaire" is not a big leap. Especially when one considers how many already own a home in the hundred$-of-thousand$ before they even run for office.

The ones who were not millionaires before, but are now worth $100,000,000 - those are the ones I'd be suspicious of.

You can see mine if it would make you feel better?

While I appreciate the kind offer to view your tax returns, I am not interested, and I sure as hell don't want anyone viewing mine for one obvious reason. That said, every lib-prog, i.e. Democrat, member of Congress and every malcontent who voted for them should suffer repeated and invasive IRS investigations before being jailed indefinitely.

MAGA.

Actually that's not a reason at all. When one's annual salary is already between $175,00-$200,000, becoming a "millionaire" is not a big leap. Especially when one considers how many already own a home in the hundred$-of-thousand$ before they even run for office.

The ones who were not millionaires before, but are now worth $100,000,000 - those are the ones I'd be suspicious of.
Well, I guess we've got slightly differing perspectives on this then. 🤷‍♂️

Clarence and Ginni Thomas.

Also, Lauren, Matt and MTG.

Pretty sure that same majority could declare war.

Yes, our legislature is an important part of our government.

I think they should do what they want with tax records (within reason) seeing as they set the laws the IRS enforces.

It's a "who watches the watchmen" situation. We voters have empowered people we (presumably) trust with that access.

I don't know your politics, but the GOP for example has recently been nominating and electing people who didn't finish high school, and these people are now amongst the most powerful individuals in our nation.

Candidates for Presidents, Presidents, and their spouses. The members of the Cabinet and their spouses, The members of Congress who are in leadership positions or who sit on the Ways and Means, Revenue or Rules committees and their spouses, SCOTUS and their spouses, The Federal Reserve Board and their spouses.

The GOP morons will find out the public reaction will be a bit different, as compared to releasing the tax returns of an unfit criminal president. Good luck.

While I appreciate the kind offer to view your tax returns, I am not interested, and I sure as hell don't want anyone viewing mine for one obvious reason. That said, every lib-prog, i.e. Democrat, member of Congress and every malcontent who voted for them should suffer repeated and invasive IRS investigations before being jailed indefinitely.
You MAGAs always have the best ideas!

You MAGAs always have the best ideas!

Thanks!

I chalk-it-up to my lack of ambiguity. Try as I might, I can't be ambiguous, so I don't even bother. Then the excellent ideas come in torrents.

MAGA.

If any of those people become President we should see their tax returns.

I don't understand how wanting to see a Presidents tax returns is so hard for some people to grasp.
It's the most important job in the country, the people deserve transparency.

Asking for a president's tax info is not a privacy issue as nobody forces anyone to run for the job.

Last time we made everyones tax returns public it caused a shit storm of outrage... The rich quickly shut that shit down... :ROFLMAO:

Screenshot 2022-12-30 at 10.32.35 AM.png

Back
Top Bottom