• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Who's ready for world war 3?!

128shot

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
http://www.antiwar.com/roberts/?articleid=6936

Apparently according to this article, Bush is so out of touch with reality, that he thinks he can wage a war with Iran.

How this sparks WW3 is beyond me, but lets address the point.

do you really think Bush is that out of touch with reality that he can not wake up and realize that there is more to the Iran situation than this?

*gets lawn chair and fancy alcoholic drink*

enjoy.

No, I think he, the cabinet, and the congress are doing just fine on the war.....

This is more left wing rhetoric that ignores the fact that the majority of Democrats support the defensive war effort.

I think he would if he could. Hopefully his presidency will run out before he has the chance.

I do not know with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. ~Einstein

I love Einstein quotes!

My favorite one is " "He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, senseless brutality, deplorable loce-of-country stance, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action! It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder."

and

"Peace cannot be achieved through violence, it can only be attained through understanding."

I don't think that this will bring World War 3, But I do believe Americans (in general) are not in touch with reality.

I have news for you, we are already fighting WW3....Its called the war on terroism and will be the biggest war we have ever fought........I hope that people on the left have the guts to see it through to the end......

Arch Enemy said:
I love Einstein quotes!

My favorite one is " "He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, senseless brutality, deplorable loce-of-country stance, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action! It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder."

and

"Peace cannot be achieved through violence, it can only be attained through understanding."

I don't think that this will bring World War 3, But I do believe Americans (in general) are not in touch with reality.

Because we all know talking it out works so well. We can leave that to the UN. And after it doesn't work and the situation spirals out of control then we can try and do something to stop it.

Navy Pride said:
I have news for you, we are already fighting WW3....Its called the war on terroism and will be the biggest war we have ever fought........I hope that people on the left have the guts to see it through to the end......

Unfortunately people started getting squimish after the first soldier died. I am not sure what they thought was going to happen. People die in war. If there was this much coverage during WWI and WWII the world would be a different place. Europe would be speaking german exclusively

Calm2Chaos said:
Because we all know talking it out works so well. We can leave that to the UN. And after it doesn't work and the situation spirals out of control then we can try and do something to stop it.

I'd rather talk it out, then to risk killing thousands of innocent people. Yeah that's right, leave it to the UN and let them prove to us that we'd rather kill then talk things out.

Navy Pride said:
The War on Terror is not a World war and I hate when people say it is. Its not even close to the scale of WWI or WWII. Atleast not yet. I guess it could turn into a world war.

Here's how Iran could turn out to be a world war: We invade Iran, Muslims see that the U.S. has invaded three Muslim countries in last 5-6 years, see it as a religious war. West vs. Middle East in WWIII. Could happen.

Arch Enemy said:
I'd rather talk it out, then to risk killing thousands of innocent people. Yeah that's right, leave it to the UN and let them prove to us that we'd rather kill then talk things out.

Ya, because the UN is so succesful at bargaining lasting aggrements. Other then handing out food the UN really doesn't serve a whole hell of a lot of purpose. Cept maybe to give france a soap box to complain from, that people actually might be able to hear them.

I really do wish that it actually worked. I wish that sitting down to a table actually solved a problem. But it seems that what it does is allow the problem to grow larger before any real action is taken.

rudy0908 said:
The War on Terror is not a World war and I hate when people say it is. Its not even close to the scale of WWI or WWII. Atleast not yet. I guess it could turn into a world war.

Here's how Iran could turn out to be a world war: We invade Iran, Muslims see that the U.S. has invaded three Muslim countries in last 5-6 years, see it as a religious war. West vs. Middle East in WWIII. Could happen.

Unless the billion muslims are going to jump into a dingy, how exactly are they going to go to war?

Other then terrorist activities do you really think the ME has the abillities to wage an all out World War. Maybe they should just stick to being terrorist, probably a lot easier.

Calm2Chaos said:
Unless the billion muslims are going to jump into a dingy, how exactly are they going to go to war?

Other then terrorist activities do you really think the ME has the abillities to wage an all out World War. Maybe they should just stick to being terrorist, probably a lot easier.
Well, they could invade Israel. I'm sure they'd find ways to strike at us. They sure are now with only a small number trying.

rudy0908 said:
Well, they could invade Israel. I'm sure they'd find ways to strike at us. They sure are now with only a small number trying.

Were playing games with them, we are not fighting a war. We're standing around like civillians waiting to get shot. We are not offensively going after anybody. This is a popularity contest not a war. If it ever turns into a war I have no doubt you'll notice a big difference

I am thinking an all out attack on isreal would be a blood bath and a lot of muslims would die. but it wouldn't be a WW.

Calm2Chaos said:
Were playing games with them, we are not fighting a war. We're standing around like civillians waiting to get shot. We are not offensively going after anybody. This is a popularity contest not a war. If it ever turns into a war I have no doubt you'll notice a big difference.

If it is a popularity contest, then it is one that we are losing most definitely abroad and arguably at home.

Calm2Chaos said:
Unfortunately people started getting squimish after the first soldier died. I am not sure what they thought was going to happen. People die in war. If there was this much coverage during WWI and WWII the world would be a different place. Europe would be speaking german exclusively

You are so right.........We have lost a lot of good men in Iraq but it pales to ww2 where we lost 6,000 men on D day..........

rudy0908 said:

The war just started...........How dare you trivulize the war on terror........I guess I could expect nothing less from a Liberal though.............Sad.......

Calm2Chaos said:
Ya, because the UN is so succesful at bargaining lasting aggrements. Other then handing out food the UN really doesn't serve a whole hell of a lot of purpose. Cept maybe to give france a soap box to complain from, that people actually might be able to hear them.

I really do wish that it actually worked. I wish that sitting down to a table actually solved a problem. But it seems that what it does is allow the problem to grow larger before any real action is taken.

The UN is useless...............

Gandhi>Bush said:
If it is a popularity contest, then it is one that we are losing most definitely abroad and arguably at home.

Liberals always want to cut and run when the going gets tough....Thank God we have a President who will stay the course this time.

The war just started...........How dare you trivulize the war on terror........I guess I could expect nothing less from a Liberal though.............Sad.......

We're warring against something that is no more than international crime. Certainly harmful to the US, but such a conflict is not the makings of a WWIII, unless of course the US decides that more countries should be responsible for these terrorist groups, and starts invading them one by one....then there can be a possibility of large-scale global warfare.

Arch Enemy said:
I love Einstein quotes!

and

This is my favorite Einstein quote...can't imagine why...:mrgreen:

"Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances of survival for life on earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet."

Does anyone know if the general population knew that WWI and II were coming? Were they ignorant until the last minutes? I was certainly clueless until the bombing on Bagdad that we would go to war with Iraq.

Navy Pride said:
Liberals always want to cut and run when the going gets tough....Thank God we have a President who will stay the course this time.

We are losing support because of a global liberal bias? Is that your theory?

Navy Pride said:
Thats why I said it could turn out to be a world war. Its just getting started. And saying its isn't a world war doesn't trivialize it at all. I'm just saying that not enough countries are involved and the fighting is not widespread enough to be considered a world war. Its not even close to the scale of the first two world wars. How dare you not read my whole post. I guess I could expect nothing less from a conservative.

Last edited:
Navy Pride said:
Thats strange. If I'm a Liberal like you claim (I'm actually more moderate than liberal), then why do I think we should stay in Iraq? We need to stay there until its stable and able to defend itself, but not a day longer. I disagreed with the reasons for the war, but I'm not about to leave too early and waste the sacrifices of our soldiers.

rudy0908 said:
Thats strange. If I'm a Liberal like you claim (I'm actually more moderate than liberal), then why do I think we should stay in Iraq? We need to stay there until its stable and able to defend itself, but not a day longer. I disagreed with the reasons for the war, but I'm not about to leave too early and waste the sacrifices of our soldiers.

Completely agree.

If we would have handed over total operation control to the military years ago this mess, wouldn't have happend!

Politics are only good for show and the clean up job.

Back
Top Bottom