• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who's Lying? White House Denies Kyl's Immigration Story

texmaster

Hippie Hater
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Somebody's not telling the truth - and it happened in the Oval Office. Sounds like a good mystery that the press corps would just love to solve. My guess, though, is it will remain forever a case of he said/he said.

It started last week when Republican Sen. Jon Kyl said at a town hall in Tempe, Ariz. that during a recent private meeting in the Oval Office the president said: "The problem is, if we secure the border, then you all won't have any reason to support 'comprehensive immigration reform.'" In other words, Kyl said, the president is holding border security hostage to comprehensive reform.

Who's lying? Obama. Why? Because he has the track record of openly lying about so many different items.

Who's Lying? White House Denies Kyl's Immigration Story - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

We have run out of places in the US to drill for oil.
Obama’s oval office speech in June 2010

Now suddenly if you don’t have your papers and you took your kid out to get ice cream, you can be harassed, that’s something that could potentially happen.
Arizona Immigration Law

The Health Care Package will pay for itself
Time

I am immediately instituting PayGo “Pay as you go”
Said during a speech immediately after the Trillion Dollar “Shovel Ready” bill.

Health Care deals will be covered on C-span
Obama Lies

Unemployment rate will be 8.5% without stimulus.
Obama Lies

I happen to be a proponent of a single payer universal health care plan
Specator.Org

Guantanamo bay to be closed within a year
Council on Foreign Relations.

Won’t Raise taxes on those making less than 250,000 per year.
Businessweek: Obama Agnostic on taxes
List of Tax Promise Violations

And that's just the short list.

It makes perfect sense Obama would try and hold securing the border hostage since amnesty has been at the heart of the Democrat position because they want the votes illegals will bring in since the vast majority would be democrats if they were handed citizenship. Republicans want to secure the border first, get that under control, stop the flood but Obama knows the country has no stomach for amnesty cue the McCain Amnesty bill under Bush. So we have a proven liar with an agenda that has never changed when it comes to border policy or a long term standing senator in a border state.

The choice is clear.

Another good reason? One man is on the record on what was said during the discussion, the other hides behind an aide to deliver his response.

Last edited:
It started last week when Republican Sen. Jon Kyl said at a town hall in Tempe, Ariz. that during a recent private meeting in the Oval Office the president said: "The problem is, if we secure the border, then you all won't have any reason to support 'comprehensive immigration reform.'" In other words, Kyl said, the president is holding border security hostage to comprehensive reform.

OMG! A republican said something outrageously damning about the President, why would a Republican ever do such a thing? Certainly in Arizona...

Barack Obama is many things, but stupid enough to say something like that to a republican senator, somehow I think not...but hey, any excuse to sock it to him right.

Now he may have said it, but chances are not likely.

OMG! A republican said something outrageously damning about the President, why would a Republican ever do such a thing? Certainly in Arizona...

Barack Obama is many things, but stupid enough to say something like that to a republican senator, somehow I think not...but hey, any excuse to sock it to him right.

Love the larger font. Get used to seeing it that big after November :D

Hey, if you've got a track record of Kyl lying his ass off, by all means, present it.

Yeah it's almost like Republicans don't like him. I wish we were back in the good ol' days when Democrats were saying mean things about Bush and putting words in his mouth.... actually no both situations suck.

But I agree Obama probably isn't dumb enough to say something like that, especially not to those who oppose him.

Yeah it's almost like Republicans don't like him. I wish we were back in the good ol' days when Democrats were saying mean things about Bush and putting words in his mouth.... actually no both situations suck.

But I agree Obama probably isn't dumb enough to say something like that, especially not to those who oppose him.

So Kyl is lying?

You wanna play this game

Where else can you go as an illegal alien and be given free housing, welfare and just keep collecting the goodies while your under court order to go away? Democrats

Somebody's not telling the truth - and it happened in the Oval Office. Sounds like a good mystery that the press corps would just love to solve. My guess, though, is it will remain forever a case of he said/he said.

Who's lying? Obama. Why? Because he has the track record of openly lying about so many different items.

I think what Obama is doing is no different than what Bush did which is ignore the border until it becomes a issue and then throw money at the situation to do absolutely nothing other than give the appearance that something is being done like placing the national guard on the border with no authority to arrest or detain illegal crosser or to prevent illegal crossing and setting up a virtual fence. They both basically held border security hostage because they want amnesty or some easy way for employers to undermine the local workforce by making it totally easier for those in other countries to obtain work visas. If any president actually gave a damn about border they would have relentlessly pushed for border security.

So what Kyle is saying is not really news, but more of duhh moment.

Last edited:
How about it Frozengale?

It's very likely.
It's also possible that it's simply him twisting his words around. Maybe Obama was talking about Border Security, and Kyl heard something or took it out of context. Remember the best lies are based on truth. The greatest lies are the ones we believe ourselves (especially when we don't know we are lying). Like you said though it is a game of he said/he said. Not to mention people from both parties aren't above lying or twisting facts to get what they want.

I noted in the earlier thread about Kyl that there was reason to doubt him. Only those who want it to be true accept his word unchallenged. None of us can know what was actually said there, but that's the point. When a politician says something he can't support, we should always doubt it.

I have no problem believing sen Kyl. Due to obamas' many previous lies, I have a huge problem believing ANYTHING he says..

I have no problem believing sen Kyl. Due to obamas' many previous lies, I have a huge problem believing ANYTHING he says..

Thinking like this makes one easily manipulated, a tool.

Funny how everyone lies and Obama is not at fault. Obama keeps pointing fingers and doing nothing.

AT the end of the day, Kyl MADE the accusation... and he simply cannot back it up.... And in case I'm incorrect, ALL politicians Lie...

So let's reverse the situation shall we

It started last week when Democratic Sen. Jon Kyl said at a town hall in Tempe, Ariz. that during a recent private meeting in the Oval Office President John McCain said: "The problem is, if we secure the border, then you all won't have any reason to support 'comprehensive immigration reform.'" In other words, Kyl said, the president is holding border security hostage to comprehensive reform.

Would any of you right wingers believe Sen. Kyl? I'll bet not since every right winger in here and their dog jumped on this story as if it were the bible.

AT the end of the day, Kyl MADE the accusation... and he simply cannot back it up.... And in case I'm incorrect, ALL politicians Lie...

Would any of you right wingers believe Sen. Kyl? I'll bet not since every right winger in here and their dog jumped on this story as if it were the bible.

Does this make it believable?

Senators Challenge Pres. Obama on Rumors of Executive Order Amnesty | NumbersUSA - For Lower Immigration Levels

At the end of the day one man has a record of LYING. The other as far as we know does NOT. One is on the RECORD. The other sent his aide out.

Thinking like this makes one easily manipulated, a tool.

The tool is the one who ignores the record of lying by one man without any reason to disbelieve the other.

It's very likely.
It's also possible that it's simply him twisting his words around. Maybe Obama was talking about Border Security, and Kyl heard something or took it out of context. Remember the best lies are based on truth. The greatest lies are the ones we believe ourselves (especially when we don't know we are lying). Like you said though it is a game of he said/he said. Not to mention people from both parties aren't above lying or twisting facts to get what they want.

How does that work in your mind? Did you miss the documented lies Obama has told? What part of Kyl's past makes him a liar? Explain yourself.

While I don't believe heresay no matter what - I don't doubt that the president feels this way.

Much like in the same way that Obama is trying to use the oil-spill in the Gulf to further his staunch views about energy/oil independence and so forth.

The tool is the one who ignores the record of lying by one man without any reason to disbelieve the other.

As long as you look at it that way, thinking the person matters and not the proof, you open yourself up to getting it wrong.

It's easy to figure out who's lying by asking, who benefits from the lie? Obama benefits as he doesn't want to be seen as negligent at securing the border. Kyl has nothing to gain by lying. Simple.

As long as you look at it that way, thinking the person matters and not the proof, you open yourself up to getting it wrong.

The proof is their records. Look into it.

It's easy to figure out who's lying by asking, who benefits from the lie? Obama benefits as he doesn't want to be seen as negligent at securing the border. Kyl has nothing to gain by lying. Simple.

Excellent point

Back
Top Bottom