• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Whopperito

sanman

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Anybody tried it yet - if so, what did you think of it?

PS: It's available at Burger King, if you didn't know

I am scared yet also intrigued

Hope it's better than their other relatively new addition: Lousy Hot Dogs!

Hope it's better than their other relatively new addition: Lousy Hot Dogs!

I don't do Fast Food, but last weekend on the road home from grocery shopping I stopped at a Burger King because I saw they had a new dish...Hot Dogs.

I thought, ok I haven't had an hot dog in a while so I'll try it.

The pictures looked okay so I went all in... Got myself one meal (hot dog/drink/fries) and one additional hot dog. I told them just mustard and heavy on the onions.

Of course when I got them they were as bad as I should have expected. The fries were awful, the hotdogs were burnt where the "grill lines" were and otherwise uncooked, and they put like 5 pieces of diced onion on each hot dog. I took one bite, then threw the whole mess away.

Waste of time and money and reaffirmed my distaste for fast food places. They places are trying to serve too many things and doing badly at all of them, instead of focusing on one good thing (burgers and fries) and doing well at it.

I don't do Fast Food, but last weekend on the road home from grocery shopping I stopped at a Burger King because I saw they had a new dish...Hot Dogs.

The pictures looked okay so I went all in... Got myself one meal (hot dog/drink/fries) and one additional hot dog. I told them just mustard and heavy on the onions.

Of course when I got them they were as bad as I should have expected. The fries were awful, the hotdogs were burnt where the "grill lines" were and otherwise uncooked, and they put like 5 pieces of diced onion on each hot dog. I took one bite, then threw the whole mess away.

Waste of time and money and reaffirmed my distaste for fast food places. They places are trying to serve too many things and doing badly at all of them, instead of focusing on one good thing (burgers and fries) and doing well at it.
Not sure where you're at in the great Mid-west, but in places like Chicago they wasted their time rolling out their B.S. dogs.

Very good dogs at reasonable prices are a dime-a-dozen!

I thought the title referred to the latest Whopper from the Assassinator-in-Chief, Mr. Drumpf. Never mind.

Didn't Burger King come out with deep fried mac n cheese filled whatever those orange crunchy snacks are?

Not sure where you're at in the great Mid-west, but in places like Chicago they wasted their time rolling out their B.S. dogs.

Very good dogs at reasonable prices are a dime-a-dozen!

Imagine going to BK of all places for a hot dog in Chicago the home of the greatest dogs in the world. I move from there in 1979 and miss the dogs and pizzas.

lol, i had to look it up :

whopperito - 1.jpg

i'd most likely pick the regular whopper over that. interesting, though.

Imagine going to BK of all places for a hot dog in Chicago the home of the greatest dogs in the world. I move from there in 1979 and miss the dogs and pizzas.
And lets not forget beefs, polish, and gyros!

There was an article away's back in the Sunday Trib that claimed when fast food joints in other places around the country, like Arizona or Florida, put "Chicago" in their signage it increases traffic by 30% with no other changes!

That was 20 years ago, but I wouldn't doubt it.

Also, a buddy of mine from the East Coast moved from Jersey to Florida and was raving about this beef stand that opened by him. It was run by a retired Streets & San guy who recreated a Chicago stand using all the original products from Chicago - Scala's beef, Vienna dogs, Mary-Ann poppy seed buns, etc, etc. He even had instructions on his signs on how to order correctly: "Sweet", "Hot", "Wet", "Through the Garden", "Maxwell" etc! My buddy said that when he went three weeks after they opened, the lines were out the door with one-hour-plus waits! And maybe two years later, he told me the place was still packed and going strong.

So yeah - I think when it comes to locally originated ethnic-American type fast food (pizza/beef/dogs/gyros), Chicago's got a good thing going - and for long enough and at large enough scale to define regional specialties.

And lets not forget beefs, polish, and gyros!

There was an article away's back in the Sunday Trib that claimed when fast food joints in other places around the country, like Arizona or Florida, put "Chicago" in their signage it increases traffic by 30% with no other changes!

That was 20 years ago, but I wouldn't doubt it.

Also, a buddy of mine from the East Coast moved from Jersey to Florida and was raving about this beef stand that opened by him. It was run by a retired Streets & San guy who recreated a Chicago stand using all the original products from Chicago - Scala's beef, Vienna dogs, Mary-Ann poppy seed buns, etc, etc. He even had instructions on his signs on how to order correctly: "Sweet", "Hot", "Wet", "Through the Garden", "Maxwell" etc! My buddy said that when he went three weeks after they opened, the lines were out the door with one-hour-plus waits! And maybe two years later, he told me the place was still packed and going strong.

So yeah - I think when it comes to locally originated ethnic-American type fast food (pizza/beef/dogs/gyros), Chicago's got a good thing going - and for long enough and at large enough scale to define regional specialties.
There is a world beyond Chicago, ya know. ;)

Crazy talk, I know.

I've tried their dogs a couple times. Eh, yeah, not very good, but they're easy to eat while driving and are cheap.

I never had a fast food meal that looked or tasted like the picture promised.

Crazy talk, I know.

I've tried their dogs a couple times. Eh, yeah, not very good, but they're easy to eat while driving and are cheap.
This I will not deny.

There's maybe one or two decent nearby suburbs! :2razz: :2razz: :2razz:

View attachment 67205741

Looks good, I will give it a try one of these days. Anytime something new comes up I will always give it a go for I have an open mind. :mrgreen:

Crazy talk, I know.

Not for deep dish pizza,,,,,

I can picture the BK corporate managers sitting in a conference room trying top decide what to name this POS. Surely there must be alist somewhere with all the names that were rejected.............
The BK Twist
The Mexi-Kingo
The We're Out of Buns
The Whopper That Fell on The Floor
You Can Wrap Anything And Sell It
Who Ordered These Tortillas?

Anybody tried it yet - if so, what did you think of it?

PS: It's available at Burger King, if you didn't know

Saw this today when I went out for lunch.... Anything with Burrito in it will be a hit. Just watch.

It is amazing that in just two years BK and McD's have change places, now it is BK that is acting desperate, throwing everything at the wall hoping that something sticks, McD's is the one that looks most together.

Just got a Whopper. First in at least a year. First one that has been right in 5, though of course not in the same league as the 70's original.

I prefer a Whopper without the mayo

They need to come up with something better than Mayo - like Chipotle sauce or something similar

View attachment 67205741

The only reason I'd venture into one of those is to check out the sauce. BK occasionally comes up with a decent condiment, which can then be special-ordered on an actual sandwich. The Stacker Sauce is ****ing amazing on a Whopper.

Back
Top Bottom