• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Whoops! Trumps kids fail to register on time to vote for their dad

Threegoofs

Sophisticated man-about-town
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
The city Fox News viewers are afraid to travel to
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Hilarious.

Incompetence reigns in the campaign, and apparently the family.

Eric and Ivanka can’t vote for Donald Trump in New York primary.

Donald Trump has a massive, 30-plus-point polling lead in New York, where the billionaire showman has a chance to sweep most of the state’s 95 GOP delegates if things break the right way for him next week. His commanding lead, though, makes this only slightly less hilarious: Eric and Ivanka Trump—both of whom serve as high-profile surrogates for their father’s campaign—won’t be able to vote for him in the New York primary.

“They had a long time [to] register, and they were, you know, unaware of the rules, and they didn't register in time,” Trump said Monday morning during a call-in interview on Fox and Friends. “So they feel very, very guilty. They feel very guilty, but it’s fine. I mean, I understand that. I think they have to register a year in advance, and they didn’t. So Eric and Ivanka, I guess, won't be voting.”

Trump’s year-in-advance math is—shocker!—incorrect. As ABC News notes, the deadline for registered voters in New York to change their party affiliation was in October of last year, while the deadline to register as a new voter was this past month.

OH MY GOD! OUTRAGE! TRUMP'S KIDS CONSTITUTE THE REASON TRUMP IS SATAN! FAUX OUTRAGES!!

You know...if Trump really did have as much control as his haters think he has, I just might vote for him. He'd be able to cure AIDS, world hunger, and radical terrorism within a week.

OH MY GOD! OUTRAGE! TRUMP'S KIDS CONSTITUTE THE REASON TRUMP IS SATAN! FAUX OUTRAGES!!

You know...if Trump really did have as much control as his haters think he has, I just might vote for him. He'd be able to cure AIDS, world hunger, and radical terrorism within a week.

Holy strawman argument. Who exactly said any of this?

Back
Top Bottom