• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who wrote this?

prrriiide

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Kudos to the first person that can tell me...

The world wants to like America. The guiding values that Thomas Jefferson articulated so eloquently - life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness - resonate strongly around the world, transcending countless superficial and cultural differences, not because these are American values, but because they are universal values, imbedded within the human heart. This is the reason that individual Americans are often treated with warmth and respect, even in countries whose governments are not considered friendly to the United States...

...The United States has a greater destiny than to be perceived as the schoolyard bully of the 21st century. We have a higher spiritual calling than self-centered unilateralism. Throughout its history, America has been a beacon of hope for so many around the world. Its role as keeper and bringer of hope has left no doubt about what is right with America. This heritage is why the world wants to like us; and this is the true, good role to which we should always aspire, even when the path is steep and the misunderstanding that divides us from other cultures is profound.

Imam Rauf?
Don't laugh...it's just a guess
It sounds familiar but I really have no idea.

Who cares? It's a bunch of empty pap meant to sound vaguely pro-American, but belied by a sense of deep self-loathing about it. So, probably, Obama. But if not, indeed, who cares?

I don't know but I like it.

Back
Top Bottom