• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who would you vote for?

Who would you vote for?

• Total voters

dimensionallava

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Communist
Trump, Sanders, Cruz, or Clinton?

Now that the primaries have started who would you vote for? This is the sweet spot in the American elections when we can find out who Americans would actually want to be president.

I find when its too early in primary season, people like to avoid criticism by saying they support a long shot candidate like Carly Fiorina, Jim Webb, or Chris Christie, but after the primary season is over, many people will claim to be simply voting against the person they don't want to be president and will often get away with supporting a candidate by saying they're just "voting against" the other candidate.

Now that were down to four candidates and the polls and primaries are remaining consistent who would you vote for?

Rubio, Bush and Kasich are still in the race. They have a very similar base of support and combined it nearly equals Trump's support so until 2 of them drop out I don't think the GOP race is really started yet.

Sanders is the only person with an ounce of genuine humanity.

Now that the primaries have started who would you vote for? This is the sweet spot in the American elections when we can find out who Americans would actually want to be president.

I find when its too early in primary season, people like to avoid criticism by saying they support a long shot candidate like Carly Fiorina, Jim Webb, or Chris Christie, but after the primary season is over, many people will claim to be simply voting against the person they don't want to be president and will often get away with supporting a candidate by saying they're just "voting against" the other candidate.

Now that were down to four candidates and the polls and primaries are remaining consistent who would you vote for?

Of those four? Only Clinton.

Of those four? Only Clinton.

I think I'm in good company.

Though, I would vote for Sanders if Trump is nominated.

I would rather vote for Bush.

Sanders is the only person with an ounce of genuine humanity.

Dehumanize the "other"!

Gee, where have I heard that before...

Tell us, do you put on a little mustache when you say garbage like that?

Last edited:
Dehumanize the "other"!

Gee, where have I heard that before...

Tell us, do you put on a little mustache when you say garbage like that?
Bernard Sanders is Jewish. Did you know that, I wonder.

Sure you did.
Demonize the "other" much?
None of the others are any good mainly because they have no humanity. That is not the same as saying they are "subhuman". Quit harassing. I have already reported you.

I could never, ever, ever vote for Ted Cruz. I'd vote for Trump before I'd vote for Cruz. I have never in my entire life seen a politician I'm more genuinely convinced is a sociopath.

Like Eco I'd prefer Bush, but I'm also partial to Rubio. Possibly Kasich but I'm skeptical on him and worried that he's another milquetoast Huntsman.

Clinton, Bush, Rubio, and Kasich are the only four candidates I'm really considering in this election. I'm a registered Republican and a consistent Republican voter.

None of the others are any good mainly because they have no humanity. That is not the same as saying they are "subhuman".

To say someone has no humanity is to say they're subhuman. We're dealing with synonyms here.

Quit harassing. I have already reported you.

To tell someone they're reported is against the rules. Don't worry, though, I won't report you for it.

To say someone has no humanity is to say they're subhuman. We're dealing with synonyms here.

To tell someone they're reported is against the rules. Don't worry, though, I won't report you for it.
Harassment and stalking must be against the rules too. Stop it.

Harassment and stalking must be against the rules too. Stop it.

No one is forcing you to respond to my comments, which I am free to make. When I see someone, anyone, anywhere, claim that the "other" lacks an ounce of humanity, I will call them out for it. That will not stop. If you don't like it, consider lowering your hysterical level of demonization against the "other".

No one is forcing you to respond to my comments, which I am free to make. When I see someone, anyone, anywhere, claim that the "other" lacks an ounce of humanity, I will call them out for it. That will not stop. If you don't like it, consider lowering your hysterical level of demonization against the "other".
You have intentionally baited me on several threads. On this one you asked about me wearing a mustache when I made my post as if I am like Hitler. This is not allowed on DebatePolitics. Stop the flaming and smart ass remarks.

You have intentionally baited me on several threads. On this one you asked about me wearing a mustache when I made my post as if I am like Hitler. This is not allowed on DebatePolitics. Stop the flaming and smart ass remarks.

You are not a mod. Please cease and desist from pretending to be in charge.

Moderator's Warning:
eco and Heinrich. Both of you stop baiting and talking about each other rather than the topic or one or both of you will be receiving consequences.

1. I will NEVER vote for a Democrat, so it doesn't matter to me whether Sanders or Clinton is their nominee, though I'm of the opinion that the Democratic Elite will not allow Sanders to become their nominee. It'll be Hillary...or, if she drops out because of her legal problems, they'll send in Biden as her replacement.

2. There are still other possibilities than Trump and Cruz for the Republican nomination. Besides Carson, Rubio and Kasich, Bush is still the preferred choice of the Republican Elite. I think Carson will be the next to drop out, with Kasich following soon thereafter. Rubio is a long shot, but I think he has almost as much of a chance hanging in there as Cruz. Bush has a lot of money behind him and I think it'll eventually come down to being between him and Trump. In any event, the only Republicans I would NOT vote for are Carson, Cruz or Bush.

If I voted, probably Trump, for pragmatic reasons.
Most of his proposed platform won't be passed (prohibiting Muslims from entering, the wall, etc.)
He's a moderate and will be like most of our recent presidents (Bush 1&2, Clinton, Obama).

Sanders, while I believe he is genuine and sincere, will be a lame duck for the majority of his presidency.
Hillary, imo, is covered with a stench of criminality and shady business.
Ted Cruz is, well there's something not quite right about that guy.

Back
Top Bottom