• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who would you vote for in the upcoming Austrian presidential election in the fall ?

?

• Susanne Fürst (far-right, populist FPÖ)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Would vote invalid/spoil the ballot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Tender Branson

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Not announced his candidacy, but very likely:

Incumbent = Alexander Van der Bellen (a former Green Party and left-liberal candidate).

apaheerlechner.jpg

Possible Challengers (not announced yet):

Susanne Fürst = from the far-right populist FPÖ.

3B9977C5-C4EB-44A4-96F5-A03BC0A9B6F1_v0_h.jpg

Marco Pogo = leader of the satirical Beer Party, band leader of a punk rock band and a doctor who performed COVID shots for the public.

Interview-with-Marco-Pogo-.jpeg

I'll very likely vote for another Van der Bellen term, or for Marco Pogo (who's leading a joke party, but is strongly anti-Nazi and a bit left himself).

But to keep my vote serious, it's probably gonna be VdB.

I have voted for the Beer Party! :)

The name "van der Bellen" reminds one of a dog barking.

"Fürst" = Prince is a fine name, but apparently she is a bit on the right side.

FPÖ = Free Party of Österreich/Austria - has a good sound, though. :)

If I could: Alexander Van der Bellen.

Populism and lack of diplomacy for the the other two.

Pogo actually got into politics with the Beer Party, originally founded as a fun party. :whistle:

I have voted for the Beer Party! :)

The name "van der Bellen" reminds one of a dog barking.

"Fürst" = Prince is a fine name, but apparently she is a bit on the right side.

FPÖ = Free Party of Österreich/Austria - has a good sound, though. :)

Our President has Russian, Estonian, Dutch and Austrian ancestry.

His ancestors were from the Netherlands, then went to Russia in the 1700s and then fled Russia after Lenin took power to Estonia and during the 2nd WW to Austria.

Van der Bellen not only sounds like a barking dog in Dutch-German, but he also holds Austrian-Estonian dual citizenship.

What about the ÖVP? Do they not have a candidate?

We really do need a European sub-forum.

Last edited:
Not announced his candidacy, but very likely:

Incumbent = Alexander Van der Bellen (a former Green Party and left-liberal candidate).

apaheerlechner.jpg

Possible Challengers (not announced yet):

Susanne Fürst = from the far-right populist FPÖ.

3B9977C5-C4EB-44A4-96F5-A03BC0A9B6F1_v0_h.jpg

Marco Pogo = leader of the satirical Beer Party, band leader of a punk rock band and a doctor who performed COVID shots for the public.

Interview-with-Marco-Pogo-.jpeg

Austrians should go back to their roots and vote for another Nazi.

Obviously I would vote for the Beer Party candidate.

What about the ÖVP? Do they not have a candidate?

If the incumbent president runs again, which seems likely, 4 major parties will very likely NOT run candidates against him.

ÖVP, SPÖ, Greens and Neos.

The FPÖ will definitely run their own candidate, the MFG might and not sure about the KPÖ.

Back
Top Bottom