• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Who would you vote for in 2008?

Who would you vote for in 2008?

• Total voters
RightatNYU said:
Bayh is on there now.

Bayh although a good man and a moderate has zero chance with the left wing whacko base of the democratic party which control who get nominated.....

kal-el said:
Yes, George Allen is a well-spoken individual, I wouldn't vote for him. He was on NBC's Meet the Press, and said something to the effect of any Republican that votes to confirm Miers, better forget about running for Pres.

That is funny because I watched Meet the Press and I did not hear him say that.....Could you provide a link?:roll: thanks

galenrox said:
Dude, I doubt that. He's got a similar appeal that Wesley Clark had, just with more of a political sense. Christ, if he's a democrat that can get elected in Indiana, he could win anything!

Dudey, if a moderate like Leiberman can not win one primary a guy like Bayh who is further to the right will do no better............

I have all the respect in the world for McCain..He is a fellow sailor and a war hero but it is amazing how our left wing friends fawn all over him.......

He is pro life, pro 2nd amendment, pro capital punishment, pro states rights and small government, pro military and defense....Everything liberals hate.........

go figure.........:roll:

I have all the respect in the world for McCain..He is a fellow sailor and a war hero but it is amazing how our left wing friends fawn all over him.......

He is pro life, pro 2nd amendment, pro capital punishment, pro states rights and small government, pro military and defense....Everything liberals hate.........

go figure.........

There are these things called shades of grey Navy Pride, its amazing how you keep harping on this asinine crap. You're everything intelligent people hate.

You forgot 1 candidate. That would be me. I wouldnt be into party politics rather I would be running for the common american and I would bring this country common sense. My cabinet would contain everyone that is in the CSTPofA. I also would do away with all this bigotry about money and the need for it to run for this countries gov. Also that the gov let the people decide whose president and what they should do with their money. No more of this sneaking around and lying to the people and waisting money.

I would do a lock down and declare our borders on martial law and deport and stop all funding for illegal immagrant programs and direct that funding towards rebuilding the Gulf Coast.

All funds for unecassary programs wuld go directly back to the people of america(in medicare and drug programs). I would also reform the welfare system(ALL able bodies persons will attain a job of some sort to get financial aid). If not then we only support our children. Also all other funds would go to our public school system.

I would also make motor city to devolop vehicles that travel a minimum of 30mpg on the city and 40mpg on the freeway(they already have the technology to do so). If they dont comply raise taxes on that vehicle to 500% so that they wont want to make those vehicles. Also every car they produce that is a hybrid they will get a tax break. Insodoing every american that buys a hybrid will get a tax break as well. I will also up our countries energy production by opening 10 more nuclear ower plants across the US. That way americans arent stuck to triple didget gas and electric bills and they can use that extra money for their families and other needs.

We can insurmountably bolster our economy if we started being less dependent on oil and straped in the production and refinery of energy. Imagine if gas was only 25cents a gal. Your electric bill only 20bucks a month. Think of all the money america would save and insodoing put that money back into our economy.

Are there any other issues you want to know? If I dont have the answer I am sure we as a country can come up with one together. Remember, I work for you and you only. I would also direct my president salary to whatever the american people want. What am I going to do with 100grand? I would be the president for christ sakes I would have everything already:lol: .

Navy Pride said:
Bayh although a good man and a moderate has zero chance with the left wing whacko base of the democratic party which control who get nominated.....

Some might say the mirror image is true with McCain

galenrox said:
yeah, but I can't vote again dammit!

By the power vested in me by the great state of NY, and by vauge, I added one for you.

Navy Pride said:

go figure.........:roll:

Exactly why I love him.

galenrox said:
That was a different time. Like, partisanship always existed, but not like it does now (remember back in '96 when the complaint about the election was Clinton and Dole were too similar? And remember in '00 when they said the same about Bush and Gore?)

hahahaha, i had to write an exam essay about the growing rise in partisanship since reagan's new federalism and it's impact on effective policymaking this morning.

thanks for reminding me, asshole

OdgenTugbyGlub said:
There are these things called shades of grey Navy Pride, its amazing how you keep harping on this asinine crap. You're everything intelligent people hate.

I know the truth hurts my liberal friend..........I know I gotcha when you start insulting me.........

Just address the points.How could someone as far left as you vote for McCain with the political beliefs he has.............

I think we all know why........:roll:

SKILMATIC said:
You forgot 1 candidate. That would be me. I wouldnt be into party politics rather I would be running for the common american and I would bring this country common sense. My cabinet would contain everyone that is in the CSTPofA. I also would do away with all this bigotry about money and the need for it to run for this countries gov. Also that the gov let the people decide whose president and what they should do with their money. No more of this sneaking around and lying to the people and waisting money.

I would do a lock down and declare our borders on martial law and deport and stop all funding for illegal immagrant programs and direct that funding towards rebuilding the Gulf Coast.

All funds for unecassary programs wuld go directly back to the people of america(in medicare and drug programs). I would also reform the welfare system(ALL able bodies persons will attain a job of some sort to get financial aid). If not then we only support our children. Also all other funds would go to our public school system.

I would also make motor city to devolop vehicles that travel a minimum of 30mpg on the city and 40mpg on the freeway(they already have the technology to do so). If they dont comply raise taxes on that vehicle to 500% so that they wont want to make those vehicles. Also every car they produce that is a hybrid they will get a tax break. Insodoing every american that buys a hybrid will get a tax break as well. I will also up our countries energy production by opening 10 more nuclear ower plants across the US. That way americans arent stuck to triple didget gas and electric bills and they can use that extra money for their families and other needs.

We can insurmountably bolster our economy if we started being less dependent on oil and straped in the production and refinery of energy. Imagine if gas was only 25cents a gal. Your electric bill only 20bucks a month. Think of all the money america would save and insodoing put that money back into our economy.

Are there any other issues you want to know? If I dont have the answer I am sure we as a country can come up with one together. Remember, I work for you and you only. I would also direct my president salary to whatever the american people want. What am I going to do with 100grand? I would be the president for christ sakes I would have everything already:lol: .

Interestingly enough, your proposals aren't bad on the surface. I'm all in favor of going nuclear again, and increasing mpg and emission standards isn't really a bad idea either. Closing the border, eh, ive never really been too passionate about that. It makes sense, but im not gonna go apeshit over it.

And it's $400,000 for the president.

hahaha

RightatNYU said:
Exactly why I love him.

Yeah but why do the lefties love him so much? Is it because Bush snookered him in the 2000 primarys and they just hate Bush?:confused:

Navy Pride said:
Yeah but why do the lefties love him so much? Is it because Bush snookered him in the 2000 primarys and they just hate Bush?:confused:

If you look at party ID for voters, it's 37 - 37 - 26 Independent (The first time since the poll began that as many people identified as Republican as Democrat)

However, if you look at ideology, it's 35% Conservative, 45% Independent, and 21% Liberal.

This shows that America is more Conservative than liberal, but does not necessarily associate Republican with Conservative (As they shouldn't, lately)

Thus, a candidate like McCain who is seen as a moderate Republican gets support from Conservative republicans (not counting extreme religious right), but also manages to appeal to that vast portion of people who identify as Democrats, but call themselves Conservative or Independent.

Triangulation theory, call Billy, he came up with it.

RightatNYU said:
If you look at party ID for voters, it's 37 - 37 - 26 Independent (The first time since the poll began that as many people identified as Republican as Democrat)

However, if you look at ideology, it's 35% Conservative, 45% Independent, and 21% Liberal.

This shows that America is more Conservative than liberal, but does not necessarily associate Republican with Conservative (As they shouldn't, lately)

Thus, a candidate like McCain who is seen as a moderate Republican gets support from Conservative republicans (not counting extreme religious right), but also manages to appeal to that vast portion of people who identify as Democrats, but call themselves Conservative or Independent.

Triangulation theory, call Billy, he came up with it.

I agree, that is how Bush won in 2004...........A lot of democrats who were moderate and christian voted for him...........I don't think that speaks for most of the liberals in this forum though..........The ones that post are not very moderate...........If you read their profiles you will see that..........

RightatNYU said:
Interestingly enough, your proposals aren't bad on the surface. I'm all in favor of going nuclear again, and increasing mpg and emission standards isn't really a bad idea either. Closing the border, eh, ive never really been too passionate about that. It makes sense, but im not gonna go apeshit over it.

And it's $400,000 for the president.

hahaha

Well thanks. However, over 80% of the american people on all sides of political spectrums agree that the border should be closed down so whatever they want I will provide them. Also holy horsesh!t the pres makes 400grand? Yeah I would definitely donate all that to different programs to help out my fellow americans. I mean how many bentleys do I need? Thats a ton load of money.

galenrox said:
no, it's because he's not an idiot.
There are very few actual radical leftists. Most people on the left today were driven left by the idiocy and incompetency brought forward and rewarded by this current administration. Most of us just want a brilliant, competent president, and regardless of any personal differences I have with John McCaine, he would be a fantastic president, and depending on who he would be running against I very well may vote for him.
Still gunning for Bayh though.

too bad the dems found two candidates who had even weaker academics than Bush and in the case of Kerry, a guy with a lower IQ.

galenrox said:
Well if you're talking in comparison to you, then no, most of us aren't very moderate, considering that you percieve a guy who identifies himself as a conservative and has the word "right" in his name as a leftist, but in comparison to normal people, most of us are relatively moderate on both sides.
You're right about the election though. As a moderate it was almost impossible for me to get behind Kerry, less so that I had any actual problem with Kerry, it was more that I didn't want to vindicate all the psycho liberals out there saying that anyone supporting Bush was an idiot.
Now the people on the right have taken over that role, and I will have a lot of trouble getting behind a republican solely because I will not want my vote to vindicate pompus jackasses.

Your right, I am a very Conservative person and proud of it............I know a moderate when I see one and there are few in this forum.....We are mostly left or right here whether you want to admit it or not.................Most moderates would never find the time to post here.......I know you don't like me and that is fine.......I am not here to win friends or influence people not am I hear to win a popularity contest.........

As far as President Bush goes I don't even think he is a true conservative.........I believe he is much closer to the center on most issues......I disagree with him on several issues but when the dems nominate a loser like Kerry its a no brainer as to who I will vote for........

Another comment on President Bush is I hear the Bush haters constantly knocking his intelligence........That is a fatal mistake they have made......The President has some trouble speaking and pronouncing words but this man is not the dummy the libs try and make him out to be and he has proven that over and over.........

I don't think there is a candidate alive that I agree with on every issue...........I just try to find the one that my beliefs are closest too........

Last edited:
galenrox said:
Hey dude, I was a Clark man myself.

You mean the General that Clinton fired? He was almost as big a flip flopper as Kerry...........Well maybe not.....:roll:

Navy Pride said:
That is funny because I watched Meet the Press and I did not hear him say that.....Could you provide a link?:roll: thanks

Here's the transcript from that show:

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/9764239/

Sen Allen
I think that anybody running for any office is always looked upon by the voters on their whole body of what they have done, their past performance and their record. One's stance and determinitation, final determination on this particular Supreme Court justice, as well as others, certainly will be part of what people will look at for anybody running for office.

He didn't say what I was reffering to exactly, but he kinda hinted around at it.

I'd like to see Russ Feingold and Bill Frist, although it looks like Billy may be in deep doo doo, so he may not be able to even seek the nomination.

I would not want to see McCain vs. Feingold because I think McCain would win. I would pick McCain over Hillary Clinton any day.

galenrox said:
What about Bush?
"We're not into nation building."
hmm?
"I'm a uniter, not a divider."
hmmm?

Those who live is glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Your doing it again...........We were taling about Clark........

kal-el said:
Here's the transcript from that show:

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/9764239/

He didn't say what I was reffering to exactly, but he kinda hinted around at it.

OK, sorta but that is pretty far from saying that anyone that supports Meirs that it would be a death blow if they ran for president.......

I haven't voted in this poll, besides being pointless, the one ticket I wouldn't mind seeing is not among the choices...

Gore/Obama

I keep reading rumors that Gore may decide to run?

I'd love to see the repubs nominate McCain, but I don't think that will ever happen. I'd probably vote for Hillary against anyone else the repubs would put up. the repubs have made a mess of things anyway...time for a change and a more even distribution of power.

Navy Pride said:
Your right, I am a very Conservative person and proud of it............I know a moderate when I see one and there are few in this forum.....We are mostly left or right here whether you want to admit it or not.................Most moderates would never find the time to post here.......I know you don't like me and that is fine.......I am not here to win friends or influence people not am I hear to win a popularity contest.........

As far as President Bush goes I don't even think he is a true conservative.........I believe he is much closer to the center on most issues......I disagree with him on several issues but when the dems nominate a loser like Kerry its a no brainer as to who I will vote for........

Another comment on President Bush is I hear the Bush haters constantly knocking his intelligence........That is a fatal mistake they have made......The President has some trouble speaking and pronouncing words but this man is not the dummy the libs try and make him out to be and he has proven that over and over.........

I don't think there is a candidate alive that I agree with on every issue...........I just try to find the one that my beliefs are closest too........

I will agree with you on two points, I think Bush is more towards the center, and that he's not an idiot.

Firstly, Bush is an economic moderate who has flashes of brilliance (ie being willing to push for SS reform) but who really doesn't concern himself too much with economics. I think he's horribly off base on social issues on pretty much every issue. He continues to support increased funding for many social programs that need to be reined in, and then goes out crusading against what he perceives to be moral problems, when they're really no business of government. He should be cutting funding to things like the NEA and staying out of gay marriage, not increasing NEA funding and crusading against gay marriage. I can't think of another candidate who I disagree with more on handling of social issues.

At the same time, I've never thought he was a stupid man. I'm not one of those "Oh, he went to Yale, you have to be smart to do that, and he did better than Kerry" people (honestly, getting through college doesnt mean you have the intelligence God gave a potato, even without connections). I still think he's an incredibly shrewd, very adept person who is probably the best president we've had in a long time at making specific groups of citizens feel incredibly patriotic. I think a large part of the reason that military recruitment hasn't dropped off anywhere near what it should have with such an ongoing war is because the people who join feel proud to have Bush leading the military.

Back
Top Bottom