• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who would you vote for from DP? (Liberal)

awesomeone21

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
So, this is going to be a little bit different. Since most people don't like the people running for President right now, I figured I'd try something different. If you'd like, you may post a series of things YOU would do if YOU were elected President. Then, after an amount of time (maybe a day?), I'll add a poll with each username that posted their ideas, and the members can vote based on what they see.

So, here's an example:
What I Would Do
  • Promote women's health
  • Create Jobs
  • Help Illegal Immigrants
And so on. You can be as specific (or not specific) as you want. Alright, let's see how this goes!

P.S. I'm also creating a liberal version. This will be almost like a primary. Then, we'll try and do a "General Election".

Me.

/thread

So your campaign slogan would be "America: At least we're not in last place"

I think it would be "America: it could always be worse...vote for me and find out just how much worse.".

I think it would be "America: it could always be worse...vote for me and find out just how much worse.".

I got some bad news for you, I think someone already took that slogan and theres a good chance he might sue you for it. Hes into that sort of thing.

I'm still a newcomer; so I'm what people in this election cycle would call "a low information voter" instead of the more concise "uninformed voter" for some ****ing reason.

That being said, I've seen enough bat**** crazy stuff in these forums that I'd think twice before voting at all.

What I Would Do
  • Destroy ISIS
  • Eliminate the Department of Education
  • Eliminate the Department of Energy
  • Eliminate the Department of Commerce
  • Eliminate the Department of Housing and Urban Development
  • Make abortion illegal
  • Completely abolish Obamacare - expand HSAs, give seniors the option to opt out of Medicare.
  • Eliminate Sanctuary cities
  • Defund Planned Parenthood
  • Legalize marijuana
  • Abolish Common Core
  • Abolish the IRS
  • Open the XL Pipeline
  • Set a universal flat tax rate
  • Set NWOA in order

What I Would Do
  • Destroy ISIS
  • Eliminate the Department of Education
  • Eliminate the Department of Energy
  • Eliminate the Department of Commerce
  • Eliminate the Department of Housing and Urban Development
  • Make abortion illegal
  • Completely abolish Obamacare - expand HSAs, give seniors the option to opt out of Medicare.
  • Eliminate Sanctuary cities
  • Defund Planned Parenthood
  • Legalize marijuana
  • Abolish Common Core
  • Abolish the IRS
  • Open the XL Pipeline
  • Set a universal flat tax rate
  • Set NWOA in order

I'd suggest getting a new milliner. The hat in your avatar is inhuman.

Moderator's Warning:
Not a "poll". Moved to appropriate section. Note, this isn't the basement. This is for discussion political positions; if things start getting personal it'll likely be ended and the ones causing it to be such will be dealt with

What I Would Do (in order of priority):
  • Restrict political donations so they come only from individual citizens, with names publicly available for all donations exceeding $1000 or so in a given electoral cycle
  • Implement a preferential voting system so votes for less popular candidates aren't wasted, or a [conservative] vote isn't split between two candidates to the detriment of both
  • Abolish any official endorsement or recognition of political parties/affiliation (more difficult in Australia, but I assume we're talking a US election here)
  • Legalise prostitution (already legal in Australia, and look how happy we are -> :D )

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom