• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Who would you like to see as our President right now?

Who would you like to see as our President right now?

• A greedy politican

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • A non-politician who will turn into a greedy politican

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
Originally posted by Trajan Octavian Titus:
You didn't like Saving Private Ryan or the Band of Brothers series?

I liked that one, with that guy, who was in that one thing, you know which one I'm talking about, right?
My favorite scene in Saving Private Ryan was when that German guy they were going to shoot starts chanting, "F_ck Hitler!"

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
You didn't like Saving Private Ryan or the Band of Brothers series?

I liked that one, with that guy, who was in that one thing, you know which one I'm talking about, right?

They were ok but in the Sand Pebbles and Men of Honor McQueen and Deniro were perfectly cast as a CPO and a sailor...........

Navy Pride said:
1. It takes two to tango hips........The other side has to want to unite and from day one the dems have fought anything President Bush has done to unite......

2. Can you say the culture of obstruction........

3. I will give you the spending thingy but I would hate to think what spending would be like if the biggest liberal in the Senate Kerry would have been elected.......

4. The war on terror changed all that and thank God this president will not ask the corrupt fench or the germans for permission to protect this country....

Members of the GOP that don't agree with the party line are out. Look at the former head of the nonexistant ethcis committee for example. Dems are rarely consulted on issues and meaningful debate has become a thing of the past in the Congress.

Navy Pride said:
It says your from the USA but I guess you don't know that we elect presidents by the electoral college.........Always have, always will......The popular vote does not mean squat........

Actually it does. I could indicate a fair number of things like: gerrymandering and Improper districting, unequal representation, and flaws in the electoral system itself like winner take all, plurailty reciptient of total award etc, first past the post.

hipsterdufus said:
Members of the GOP that don't agree with the party line are out. Look at the former head of the nonexistant ethcis committee for example. Dems are rarely consulted on issues and meaningful debate has become a thing of the past in the Congress.

All you have to do is win some elections and you can change things hips......

libertarian_knight said:
Actually it does. I could indicate a fair number of things like: gerrymandering and Improper districting, unequal representation, and flaws in the electoral system itself like winner take all, plurailty reciptient of total award etc, first past the post.

you lost in 2000, 2002, and 2004 and you will lose in 2008 if you keep living in the past...........get over it...........

Navy Pride said:
you lost in 2000, 2002, and 2004 and you will lose in 2008 if you keep living in the past...........get over it...........

Pbbfft

dude, I am a libertarian, I expect to have the LP loose in elections. (BTW, you should see how many reps lost to democrats becuase of us.)

loosing doesn't both me. Besides, ahem, YOU didn't win anything yourself. Some other people did, and guess what? they don't even know (or care) who you are.

In answer to the question of the thread.

A Preztle

or an actual lame duck. Like the kind that Quacks. Preferably a mallard, I like mallards.

libertarian_knight said:
In answer to the question of the thread.

A Preztle

or an actual lame duck. Like the kind that Quacks. Preferably a mallard, I like mallards.
We have a very presidential sort of duck that lives by the river out back.

libertarian_knight said:
Pbbfft

dude, I am a libertarian, I expect to have the LP loose in elections. (BTW, you should see how many reps lost to democrats becuase of us.)

loosing doesn't both me. Besides, ahem, YOU didn't win anything yourself. Some other people did, and guess what? they don't even know (or care) who you are.

Really, give me some gains that the losertarian party made at the national level in congress or governorships............I will be waiting patiently for your answer............

Hillary fans,

Why do yo feel that Hillary Clinton would be a good president?

I liked Bill Clinton. I like hillary. I just expected her to lead more in the Senate. I fully expected her to be at the forefront on most of the key issues. I guess I just wanted her to be an instrument of change. Not just more of the same crap.

My picks for prez would be:

Colin Powell
John McCain
Anyone running against Rudy Giuliani. ( I don't care if its a damn sock puppet. NEXT! )
I might vote for Lindsey Graham.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom