• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Who would you like to see as our President right now?

Who would you like to see as our President right now?

• A greedy politican

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • A non-politician who will turn into a greedy politican

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
Who is he?

An ex-member of a punk band who does spoken word cds now. I don't really know much about his politics I was just being funny.

Now Jello Biafra would be an excellent president though.

MrFungus420 said:
Gore? LOL!!

He was the sitting VP during a booming economy, he should have won by a landslide. But he was so pathetic that he couldn't even win, period.

SCOTUS aside, Gore won the popular vote. How can you say that is pathetic?

Originally Posted by Trajan Octavian Titus
And I still don't get...
Much like a neutered dog!

Kelzie said:
Hillary Clinton!!! Aka our next president...

wrong-besides its the secret service's worst nightmare

I would not mind seeing ED CLARK or RON PAUL as President if they had enough of congress to put America on COLD TURKEY and end the addiction to pork

jfuh said:
Barak Obama I think he'd be a great president.

Some one from the right, John McCain. But then the republican nut heads hate him so it's unlikly he'd even make the nomination... sad.

From the queer side. I nominate Navypride.

Barak Obama

far too left

almost zero accomplishments as a legislator

good speaker, good academic resume that may or may not be due partly to affirmative action

TurtleDude said:
wrong-besides its the secret service's worst nightmare

I would not mind seeing ED CLARK or RON PAUL as President if they had enough of congress to put America on COLD TURKEY and end the addiction to pork

Because of what, exactly?

You can tell how serious a threat Hillary is to the Republicans from the amount of mudslinging that is being done by many conservatives.

I would like to see George Bush govern from the platform he ran on in 2000.

In the election campaign of 2000, Bush ran as a compassionate conservative. He promised to be a uniter, not a divider. He promised an America where no child is left behind. He promised to control spending and balance the budget. And he promised a humble foreign policy.

I don't think any of these items have been accomplished yet.

P.S. I'll save you the trouble of writing the following response. " 9/11 changed everything."

hipsterdufus said:
SCOTUS aside, Gore won the popular vote. How can you say that is pathetic?

Its pathetic because Gore could not even carry his home state...That is the state that knows him best....I don't think that has ever happened before......

If he would have won his home state we would have never had the fiasco in Florida.......

cnredd said:
Dan Fielding from Night Court...

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHA

He was a funny guy, for sure. I used to watch that show as a kid.

Anyway, I think the person who would make a good President is Robert Deniro. He's a nice guy and he has charisma. But then again, I suppose he might be too liberal for my tastes.

hipsterdufus said:
I would like to see George Bush govern from the platform he ran on in 2000.

In the election campaign of 2000, Bush ran as a compassionate conservative. He promised to be a uniter, not a divider. He promised an America where no child is left behind. He promised to control spending and balance the budget. And he promised a humble foreign policy.

I don't think any of these items have been accomplished yet.

P.S. I'll save you the trouble of writing the following response. " 9/11 changed everything."

1. It takes two to tango hips........The other side has to want to unite and from day one the dems have fought anything President Bush has done to unite......

2. Can you say the culture of obstruction........

3. I will give you the spending thingy but I would hate to think what spending would be like if the biggest liberal in the Senate Kerry would have been elected.......

4. The war on terror changed all that and thank God this president will not ask the corrupt fench or the germans for permission to protect this country....

George_Washington said:
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHA

He was a funny guy, for sure. I used to watch that show as a kid.

Anyway, I think the person who would make a good President is Robert Deniro. He's a nice guy and he has charisma. But then again, I suppose he might be too liberal for my tastes.

I don't know what Deniro's politics are but he as great as a Chief Petty Officer in the movie Men of Honor....He was more believeable as a CPO then a lot of real CPOs I know.........

Originally posted by Navy Pride:
I don't know what Deniro's politics are but he as great as a Chief Petty Officer in the movie Men of Honor....He was more believeable as a CPO then a lot of real CPOs I know.........
Are you planning on watching that new movie Annapolis?

Originally Posted by George_Washington
That's a new movie with Deniro? I haven't heard of it.
No Deniro, but it is about the Navy.

Kelzie said:
Condi's not in the Senate...:confused: She has never run for office. She has no political experience.

So she's one election behind the Red Queen. All that means is that neither is qualified to be president.

However, absent a fortuitous aneurism, I expect the Red Queen will be the Democrats nominee in 2008. That will be good.

Perhaps we'll get to learn how Hillary managed to learn so much out cows. Is being one sufficient experience for her to earn a hundred grand on cattle futures?

Perhaps we'll learn who hired Craig Livingstone and just why he brought all those private FBI dossiers to her attention?

And we might find out how those missing billing records turned up in the Red Queen's bedroom?

Nah, we won't find anything out. The Republicans don't have the balls to bring up real, relevant issues.

But maybe some maverick New Yorker will displace the Red Queen from her carpet-bagged Senate seat in 2006?

But if I had to name names...

The Republicans don't have anyone that make an American puke. (See? I keep telling you they're no different than Democrats!). McCain clearly was someone the Democrats wanted to run against in 2000. That's only because he'd make an easy loser.

Micheal Badnarik would be okay, except for the deplorable Libertarian Party's silly desire to give the United States away to Mexico, a desire shared by the Democrats and the Republicans, and their ridiculous support for the continued right for mothers to murder babies. That last is hardly consistent with libertarian principles.

No, the Libertarians are more concerned with having successful parties than having a successful party.

I really can't name any politician right now. Can we just skip the next election and pull a name out of a hat? I think we couldn't do worse that way than we do by letting people that actually want the job have it.

Damn Navy Pride I would have thought for sure I would have gotten your vote with Storming Norman..??..

Billo_Really said:
Are you planning on watching that new movie Annapolis?

Probably not.........When I watch a movie about the military I always look for flaws in the screen play......Men of Honor and the Sand Pebbles were exceptions...........

cherokee said:
Damn Navy Pride I would have thought for sure I would have gotten your vote with Storming Norman..??..

In my opinion retired military officers don't make good presidents..........

Navy Pride said:
Probably not.........When I watch a movie about the military I always look for flaws in the screen play......Men of Honor and the Sand Pebbles were exceptions...........

You didn't like Saving Private Ryan or the Band of Brothers series?

I liked that one, with that guy, who was in that one thing, you know which one I'm talking about, right?

Back
Top Bottom