• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

who won tonights debate?

who won?

• kasich

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • christie

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • paul

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • rubio

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • cruz

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • carson

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • trump

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • huckabee

• walker

• bush

Votes: 3 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

randel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
well, who do you think 'won'?

I have to lean Carson, he seemed to do the best even though he did not get much mic time.

I think Kasich did because he was positive-didn't spend time attacking others or Obama, and the expectations on him were lower than some of the higher profile candidates. and unlike some-Carson, and Huckabee, he actually has a good chance of being on the ticket.

i think carson did well, rubio 2nd, christie 3rd bush 4.....cruz and paul will definitely drop, and trump will lose some support imo for not pledging to back the eventual nominee...walker, kasich treaded water, would score kasich slightly higher than walker.

I think Kasich did because he was positive-didn't spend time attacking others or Obama, and the expectations on him were lower than some of the higher profile candidates. and unlike some-Carson, and Huckabee, he actually has a good chance of being on the ticket.
kasich did ok on his home field, see how he does next debate out of his comfort zone

Rubio, Carson, and Kasich showed well tonight in my opinion.

Trump did poorly and Cruz fell pretty flat.

Bush and Walker did nothing to hurt their positions as frontrunners. (Assuming Trump eventually falls)

Huckabee didn't really make an impression on me and while the Christie/Paul exchange was one of the more interesting moments I'm not sure they really moved the needle for themselves tonight.

Dunno. Didn't watch it. Amuse me with your erudite evaluations. :)

Last edited:
I thought most of the candidates did great. Who lost, IMO? Donald Trump.

Biggest surprise? Carly Fiorina.

I didn't vote, because I can't say there was any clear winner. Those who made the most positive impression on me overall were Kasich, Rubio and Carson.

Worst impression? It's a tie: Trump and Huckabee.

fiorina may make the '10' next round

She is a ruthless, vile person, who has destroyed several companies and uncountable thousands of jobs. Trump is more "experienced" than she is. Sure, he bankrupted four companies, but he has still had 100 successes. She has had exactly none.

FOX is going overboard to prove that their treatment of Trump was fair and balanced. They really, really don't want him in the field. But he called them stupid, to their faces and they just cannot handle that people cheered when he did that.

I do NOT want him to be the candidate or a spoiler, but I love that he says **** you to the talking heads so consistently.

I was surprised at the Fox moderator's full time attempts to destroy Trump. It had been previously stated that Fox had a plan to deal with Trump, but I don't think anyone expected this level of animosity. Also surprising was the bypassing of both Trump and Cruz in favor of the lowest scoring candidates.

Carson did very well, IMO.

Trump started weak but finished strong.

Bush keeps showing himself to be a complete idiot, nothing new there...

Christie and Kasich both bombed, IMO.

I was surprised at the Fox moderator's full time attempts to destroy Trump. It had been previously stated that Fox had a plan to deal with Trump, but I don't think anyone expected this level of animosity. Also surprising was the bypassing of both Trump and Cruz in favor of the lowest scoring candidates.

No big surprise now that the media do NOT want Trump in The White House.

Wasn't a hugely productive debate with everyone doing their introductory spiels which doesn't tell us anything other than they memorized some flowery things to say. Rubio, Bush, and Kasich sounded reasonable and presidential. Carson was likeable but not quite presidential imo. Christie and Paul were okay with their actual content but their delivery made them look un-presidential. Walker was invisible. Cruz, Trump, and Huckabee are a joke and should not even be up there.

Edit: Even though I dislike Rubio's policies I think he "won" the debate.

FOX is going overboard to prove that their treatment of Trump was fair and balanced. They really, really don't want him in the field. But he called them stupid, to their faces and they just cannot handle that people cheered when he did that.

I do NOT want him to be the candidate or a spoiler, but I love that he says **** you to the talking heads so consistently.

Mike Wallace pretty much got his butt handed to him. He was pretty embarrassed about it, too.

I don't think there was a clear winner. I think Trump hurt himself and personally I didn't think Rand Paul had a good night. I never liked Huckabee so there was nothing he could say to win me over.

I'd declare there was a tie with the rest of the field.

Fiorina won the happy hour debate and will rise in tomorrow's polls.

In spite of my bias in favor of Jeb, I have to admit that Rubio won this one.

Carly had a good day too. Maybe she will become VP if there is a GOP winner in this crowd.

I don't think there was a clear winner. I think Trump hurt himself and personally I didn't think Rand Paul had a good night. I never liked Huckabee so there was nothing he could say to win me over.

I'd declare there was a tie with the rest of the field.

Fiorina won the happy hour debate and will rise in tomorrow's polls.
while he won't move up much, i think carson, with his limited time, did the best...trump pissed people off when he wouldn't pledge to support the eventual nominee...didnt help him either that fox moderators had it out for him from the get go

Back
Top Bottom