• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who won the Vice Presidential debate?

Who won?

• Kamala Harris

• Mike Pence

• Tie

• Neither

• Susan Page

• The fly

Results are only viewable after voting.
All of the left wings want is to buy your vote. They offer other countries our money to behave themselves. Now they are trying to bribe young adults by saying they will pay for their first tuitiion in college. That does sound like an attraction. but wait -Where do you think all of this money is coming from. Out of your tax payers money.

I only listened to the last 40 minutes, and I listened to it rather than watched it. I was very surprised at ow poorly they both sounded. Maybe I would have gotten a different vibe if I'd watched it, but I was pretty shocked at how bad they sounded. Pence sounded like someone told him "you don't have to know what you're saying, just say it like an asshole." And Harris had too many awkward pauses from what I remember.

I'd give it to Harris just because Pence is such a slimy POS but if I was an undecided voter I'm not sure who I would have thought won.
Any Attorney, has pauses because they are trained to think deeply as they speak.

I guess all things said by Vice President Pence have to be a lie. because if they were not lies they would make to much sense.

I could say that Harris won (and I think I'd be right). But even if she didn't win, neither did Pence, and that's bad for Trump because a tie does him absolutely no good.

538's average has Biden ahead by 9.8 points, and have given him 85/100 for winning the election. Trump's paths to winning the election are shrinking at an extraordinary rate.

All of the left wings want is to buy your vote. They offer other countries our money to behave themselves. Now they are trying to bribe young adults by saying they will pay for their first tuitiion in college. That does sound like an attraction. but wait -Where do you think all of this money is coming from. Out of your tax payers money.

Of course there are selfish people out there who hate America so much they don't see educating our populace, especiall the middle class who can't afford rising tuition costs, as a good investment in our future.

Any Attorney, has pauses because they are trained to think deeply as they speak.
Fair point. I should have mentioned that the pauses were mid sentence and broke the point she was trying to make. I understand making a point, pausing to let it sink in, and then continue to next point. But it seemed like she was pausing at bad times that made her thoughts and points disjointed. I will have to listen again to see if maybe I was just in a bad mood and was annoyed for no reason.

Of course there are selfish people out there who hate America so much they don't see educating our populace, especiall the middle class who can't afford rising tuition costs, as a good investment in our future.
yes, Education is a wonderful thing and an investment in our future. I am saying is this a realistic cost that can be exactly footed by our government. Right now we rely on fasfa to cut our cost and grants.

They both did well, but I found Harris more compelling. I also found Pence's non-sequitur responses really dishonest and that made me turned off. It was clear he was avoiding the questions sometimes, and also obfuscating what Harris said by responding to something she never said. For example, she said Biden would repeal the tax breaks for the 1% and invest that money in infrastructure. Pence responded as though she had said she would raise taxes on everybody. She tried speaking up to correct him but it wasn't her turn to speak. I agree she could've fought harder.

I have to keep in mind that the average American viewer is not very smart, so Pence's style would win over some people. On the other hand, most people already know who they're voting for. I was never really honestly considering Trump and Pence. They have done so much harm to the country that almost everyone I know has been personally affected. They are a menace to our society. I don't like the establishment Democrats but I'll vote for them just to get rid of Trump, then we can figure out the next move.

We've probably hear some Right Winger claim that the Fly was put there by Democrats.

Who the hell has a fly on their hair and they don't feel it. Geez!!!! The Fly likely told more about what was going every time Pence spoke.
conspiracy theorist = maybe it was a hearing device planted on his brain and flew away when he was finished.

conspiracy theorist = maybe it was a hearing device planted on his brain and flew away when he was finished.
What happened no one was polite enough to point the fly out to him

They both did well, but I found Harris more compelling. I also found Pence's non-sequitur responses really dishonest and that made me turned off. It was clear he was avoiding the questions sometimes, and also obfuscating what Harris said by responding to something she never said. For example, she said Biden would repeal the tax breaks for the 1% and invest that money in infrastructure. Pence responded as though she had said she would raise taxes on everybody. She tried speaking up to correct him but it wasn't her turn to speak. I agree she could've fought harder.

I have to keep in mind that the average American viewer is not very smart, so Pence's style would win over some people. On the other hand, most people already know who they're voting for. I was never really honestly considering Trump and Pence. They have done so much harm to the country that almost everyone I know has been personally affected. They are a menace to our society. I don't like the establishment Democrats but I'll vote for them just to get rid of Trump, then we can figure out the next move.
Very thoughtful and reasoned analysis.

geez, he has pretty thick hair. Or he does not crack under pressure.

Did anyone really listen to what they said or were they just judging them by their character and feelings. Keep an open mind.

Pence was very trump. Bluster and bullying, overrunning his time, responding but barely answering a single question. Harris pivoted her questions several times, but Pence's act was a pirouette!

I guess all things said by Vice President Pence have to be a lie. because if they were not lies they would make to much sense.

He didn't say much of anything while talking a lot. (and it's "too" much. You're welcome.)

My favorite part was Pence telling Harris she wasn't answering his question, right after he spent an hour avoiding every question asked of him.

****ing hypocrite.

He didn't say much of anything while talking a lot. (and it's "too" much. You're welcome.)
He's a typical condescending fake Christian. The man did much to entrench the hate of those who see through that fraud.

Anyone old enough to remember “Clutch Cargo” cartoons? When he talked his mouth barely moved. !960s, IIRC.

2849CEEE-B5FC-48BA-831F-EC8CB8E67DFC.jpeg

I agree with your point about expecting better from a prosecutor. I mentioned in another thread that I thought she would win because she would articulate her points more effectively. She didn't tank by a long shot, but I think she could performed better. Pence did well at being a polished politician and maintaining decorum. He also did well at contesting some of the counter points by Harris.
Eh he didn't really maintain decorum, he was interrupting a lot and going way over time. Just because Rump did so terribly doesnt give us reason to use him as a benchmark.

First off, I hated the format. These are some fairly complex issues that deserve more than two minutes. It was basically a sound bite generation exercise for their campaign ads and fundraising emails.

Pence is obviously the more experienced and polished politician, but that’s not necessarily a positive attribute. It’s been a while since I felt someone who was running for office actually spoke from the heart, and not sound like they’re reading from a script. His responses were well-practiced and he has a nice speaking voice, but I doubt he changed anyone’s mind.

Harris annoyed me. I don’t like nasally whiny voices and she sure has that. She also came across to me as being very condescending and just bitchy. I think she drew the most blood, but she also didn’t change anyone’s mind.

Just because of his more polished presentation and demeanor I think Pence “won” by a hair. It won’t move the needle on voters for either candidate though.
I say give the debates back to the league of women voters or someone who can be forceful in enforcing the rules.

Back
Top Bottom