• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who won the first debate?

Who won?

• Joe Biden

Votes: 101 51.8%
  • Donald Trump

Votes: 25 12.8%
  • Tie

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Neither

Votes: 55 28.2%
  • Chris Wallace

Votes: 11 5.6%

• Total voters
Calling President Trump a liar is the only thing you can come up with as if this cancel's out everything that he did do for the American people.

Heidi, it should be clear to all by now that Trump pejoratives, strawman whataboutism is all they have. Notice how none of them ever want to discuss where question dodger Biden stands on the issues. Let's hear what Biden offers compared to Trump's success with peace making foreign policy, closing the country to travel before the pandemic killed more, Trump's growth making policies for a stronger economy... His job creation for all, including low unemployment numbers. Truth be told, Biden sounds like he gets his talking points from the leftist echo chamber; little substance at all. Just more Trump is a big meanie, partisan hyperbole.

People hear what they want to hear

Chris Wallace: (41:33)
You have repeatedly criticized the vice president for not specifically calling out Antifa and other left wing extremist groups. But are you willing tonight to condemn white supremacists and militia group and to say that they need to stand down and not add to the violence in a number of these cities as we saw in Kenosha and as we’ve seen in Portland.

President Donald J. Trump: (41:57)
Sure, I’m will to do that.

Chris Wallace: (41:59)
Are you prepared specifically to do it.

President Donald J. Trump: (42:00)
I would say almost everything I see is from the left wing not from the right wing.

Chris Wallace: (42:04)
But what are you saying?

President Donald J. Trump: (42:06)
I’m willing to do anything. I want to see peace.
Will you condem white supremacists?

Trump refused to

Then say that. Why not just say I condem white supremacists

He cant
He did in his way, which unfortunately for him, turned out pretty much how everyone expected. He's also already on the record condemning it, so it was also dishonest to imply that he had never done so.

Calling President Trump a liar is the only thing you can come up with as if this cancel's out everything that he did do for the American people.
Yeah, he killed 200,000 of them in less than 6 months. Now that's efficiency.

He did in his way, which unfortunately for him, turned out pretty much how everyone expected. He's also already on the record condemning it, so it was also dishonest to imply that he had never done so.
He was asked directly to condem white supremacists

He refused

Heidi, it should be clear to all by now that Trump pejoratives, strawman whataboutism is all they have. Notice how none of them ever want to discuss where question dodger Biden stands on the issues. Let's hear what Biden offers compared to Trump's success with peace making foreign policy, closing the country to travel before the pandemic killed more, Trump's growth making policies for a stronger economy... His job creation for all, including low unemployment numbers. Truth be told, Biden sounds like he gets his talking points from the leftist echo chamber; little substance at all. Just more Trump is a big meanie, partisan hyperbole.
more of that there irony thing

And he did. Three times.

Listen to the video
I did. Over and over.

Trump refused to condem white supremacists when asked directly last night

I did. Over and over.
OK. On my planet "Sure" means "Sure," not "No"

He was asked directly to condem white supremacists

He refused
No, in the question as posed on the previous page, the white supremacist condemnation was couched with "militia"(vague loaded term) and "violence in Kenosha"(debatably "Biden's" violence to condemn not "Trump's").

There is no organized ANTIFA group. It's a vague collection of people who oppose fascism. It's much different than, say, the Proud Boys or the plethora of other right-wing nationalist groups that are actually real terrorist threats.

Antifi is not what Biden minimized them to be. Antifa is not an "idea" as Biden claims. They are real, they are people who act on expressing their views, and often do so by partaking in illegal activities; rioting, fire bombing, looting, and harming others. Antifa has many that are, in fact, also known anti-government extremists ; anarchists. Does that sound like an idea to you?

Attorney General Bill Barr has directed the creation of a new law enforcement task force that will be focused on "countering anti-government extremists."

In a memo sent around the department Friday, Barr mentions both the antifa movement and the right-wing boogaloo movement as among the groups that the department has sought to disrupt from carrying out coordinated acts of violence around the country this past month.

"The ultimate goal of the task force will be not only to enable prosecutions of extremists who engage in violence, but to understand these groups well enough that we can stop such violence before it occurs and ultimately eliminate it as a threat to public safety and the rule of law," Barr says in the memo.

If I am to be honest, I don't think Trump won the debate. he has yet to learn how the Goebbelsian news will spin things and he did interrupt way too much. His response to the question of white nationalism wasn't good at all. He should have immediately said he was against it because he should know MSM is just waiting to kill him. His comment following about Proud Boys was also a bad one. So, I don't think he won this debate. He needs to do much better in the next one.

No.

He should have said immediately that he was against it because THAT IS WHAT PRESIDENTS SHOULD DO.

But you just did...

Trump has conducted himself in an utterly disgraceful manner every day he has been in the White House since his inauguration. The holder of a public office deserves no respect if they do not respect that office themselves.

He owned the Liar in Chief.

1. Acknowledging his son's drug addiction connected well with audience full of people who also have loved ones in a similar situation.

2. Told blabbermouthous interruptous to shut the **** up without using any invectives.

3. Effectively laughed off Trump's lies until it was time to call him a liar.

4. Hit him with the "racist" accusation in a perfectly timed attack following Trump's refusal to demounce racist White Supremacists like the Proud GIrls

5. Looked into the camera several times to remind the people he is there for them while the other asshole is only looking out for himself.

If Wallace had asked Joe to state to the audience that he was not senile, would he have done it?
Yes

Just for laughs, here is the resume (partial resume) of a recent president:

EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:

LAW ENFORCEMENT:

I was arrested in Kennebunkport, Maine, in 1976 for

driving under the influence of alcohol. I pled guilty,

paid a fine, and had my driver's license suspended for

30 days. My Texas driving record has been "lost" and

is not available.

MILITARY:

I joined the Texas Air National Guard and went AWOL. I

refused to take a drug test or answer any

questions about my drug use. By joining the Texas Air

National Guard, I was able to avoid combat duty in

Vietnam.

COLLEGE:

I graduated from Yale University with a low C average.

I was a cheerleader.

PAST WORK EXPERIENCE:

I ran for U.S. Congress and lost. I began my career in

the oil business in Midland, Texas, in 1975. I

bought an oil company, but couldn't find any oil in

Texas. The company went bankrupt shortly after I

sold all my stock. I bought the Texas Rangers baseball

team in a sweetheart deal that took land

using taxpayer money. With the help of my father and

our friends in the oil industry (including Enron CEO

Ken Lay), I was elected governor of Texas.

ACCOMPLISHMENTS AS GOVERNOR OF TEXAS:

I changed Texas pollution laws to favor power and oil

companies, making Texas the most polluted state

in the Union. During my tenure, Houston replaced Los

Angeles as the most smog-ridden city in America. I

cut taxes and bankrupted the Texas treasury to the

tune of billions in borrowed money.

I set the record for the most executions by any

governor in American history. With the help of my

brother, the governor of Florida, and my father's

appointments to the Supreme Court, I became President

after losing by over 500,000 votes.

Even more impressive than our current president.

He graduated with a higher GPA than JOHN KERRY. His military aptitude score was HIGHER THAN JOHN KERRY's. Kerry went to the third best law school in Boston, Bush went to the best MBA program in the world.

s

He was asked a direct question.

He refused to answer directly

Why?
Because Wallace had no right to ask the question.

While we’re on the subject, why did Wallace bring up Trump’s taxes, but refused to even allow discussion of Hunter Biden?

Back
Top Bottom