• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who won the debate?

Who won?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 38 30.2%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 72 57.1%
  • Neither

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • Both

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Kristen Welker

Votes: 6 4.8%

• Total voters
By the way, I voted for Bill Clinton in 1992 and 1996, Hillary Clinton in 2016, and I just mailed in my ballot to vote for Joe Biden.

I did not vote for Bill either time. At the last second I did vote for Hill... (I never liked her either) Voting for TRump is immoral.

so you are another proud racist?

deplorable

I think of myself as a race realist. I think that race is an important biological classification of humans, similar to sub species among other animal species, and breeds of domestic animals. I believe that the races differ significantly in average characteristics necessary to create and maintain successful societies and civilizations. These are intelligence, obedience to the law, and monogamy. Evolving in cold weather selects genetically for intelligence and monogamy. Evolving in a civilization selects genetically for intelligence, obedience to the law, and monogamy.

I define a civilization as a city based society where the government has the effective monopoly on the legitimate use of violence.

This is why whites and Orientals deserve to be called "the two civilized races." It is why we have created the best civilizations. In the United States Orientals deserve their description as "the model minority."

The definition of racist I grew up with was "one who hates people of other races because they are of other races." That definition does not fit me at all. Although I am white, I prefer Orientals to whites.

I am aware that many people think a race realist is a racist. I do not care. Name calling is the lowest form of discourse. For too long the fear of being called a racist has suppressed scientific inquiries into the genetic reasons for non cosmetic race differences. Race is an issue where the more one ignores the findings of science the more enlightened one is said to be.

I did not vote for Bill either time. At the last second I did vote for Hill... (I never liked her either) Voting for TRump is immoral.

Murder is immoral. Having illegitimate children is immoral. Blacks have a murder rate that is nearly eight times the white rate. They have an illegitimacy rate that is over twice the white rate.

Laughing at yourself is not going to solve anything. But you can look up the data and see for yourself.

I don't give a damn about what the network that employs Don Lemon, Jeffrey Toobin, and Chris Cuomo say, I have my own resources, and I have no intention of taking the word of ONE SOURCE, especially the same day of the event.

Yeah....... you can thank liberal mayors and governors.

Since you are a retired sailor, out of curiosity...

if a ship is grounded , does the US navy blame the captain or is there a culture of transferring accountabiity solely on the shoulders of the second in command?
By the way, local goverments do not control ports of entry, international airrports or even interstate travel. Same with the development of testing kits. Nor do states have resources to keep them ahead of developments on the other side of the world.

I do not pretend to know everything. Nevertheless, I make a reasonable effort to inform myself. If I am ignorant, what don't I know that if I learned would cause me to agree with you?

I desire the dialogue on race that President Clinton called for. It needs to be a candid debate without the constraints of political correctness.

By the way, I voted for Bill Clinton in 1992 and 1996, Hillary Clinton in 2016, and I just mailed in my ballot to vote for Joe Biden.
Noonereal now enormously admires you.

If you are truly a CPA, how can you plead ignorance of IRS tax laws? Business owners must set up bank accounts to prepay estimated income taxes. It is the law.
For starters we are talking about his personal income taxes. He paid only $750 recently. You don't prepay personal income tax.

I did not claim it is for years not in the same tax year, I said we prepay future taxes during the current tax year.

And you as a CPA know the law on disclosing taxpayers forms. And you know the law will not force you to disclose yours either to the public.
I didn't say he was forced to disclose anything. But if he wants to be believed he can release his returns. There is no law against not releasing them whether he is under audit or not.

This is totally correct for you to say. You are making estimated taxes for the current year

This is precisely what Trump said he did.
You are not even in the same ball park. Lets see why he is requesting millions in refunds and only paying $750 or less over the past few years.

Man, I'm stumped. Some people are saying that Trump told a lot of lies, but I didn't catch them, so it looked to me like the debate was a tie.
Did you somehow miss his claim the we have "turned the corner" on the Corona virus and that "it's going away" on a day the US set a new record for daily infections and over 1000 deaths?

fairly worthless opinion. Biden has proven he is as corrupt, or more corrupt than Trump

IMO Trump did slightly better than Biden.

Positives for Biden: He tried to stay on point, and I believe he did much better than the last Debate. I think because his handlers had a good grasp of what to expect and they had most of Biden's talking points written down for him. (You could see him glancing and shuffling pages from time to time.)

He also seemed a bit more lucid and energetic than previously. His strongest position was on health care, IMO because that's something he was involved in back during the Obama years, so it is something he can excel on. The next strongest was on Trump's tax returns, a sore point needing an answer for years.

Biden's Negatives? He really had no valid responses to why, after being in office for 8 years previously, he (and Obama) could not get any of the things he claimed to support done. I know he tried to blame it on the Republican controlled house. But as with Trump, Obama controlled both houses the first 2 years and that's how they got the ACA through in the first place. He was also weak in his responses to Immigration issues, Energy, jobs, and his own unclear "Covid-19 plan." It left us to believe he would take draconian measures that would destroy the economy.

Trump's Negatives: Healthcare was one of Trump's negatives. It was also a fairly weak response to concerns about how to provide healthcare coverage for those in need which is a major issue with many voters who depend on it.

He was clearly shooting from the hip for the most part throughout the debate and was not as prepared to respond to certain questions as a result. He often shifted direction and did not directly answer some questions also as a result.

Trump's Positives: He hammered Biden on his own "corruption;" as well as his energy policy; lack of an actual "Covid-19 Plan," (as in one that did not involve destroying the economy); his prior poor history on foreign affairs successes; Immigration faux pas; and his falsehoods about Fracking and Energy positions. He also reversed Biden's demand Trump show how successful he was in 3.5 years by citing the economy, foreign affairs, and the fact that even with Democrat Opposition he did better on helping minority colleges, freeing prisoners, opportunity zones, and many other improvements.

IMO Trump won this debate doing a bit better than the first one. Biden lost by a larger margin, but it did not necessarily knock him out.
This was a very good post. Thank you.

Trump was far more reserved than I'd seen him in a long time and Biden.. well he was just as spineless and weak as ever. Worst part being was that Trump's mic was being muted to keep pace and that stopped Biden from being interrupted. Unfortunately, Biden should really stop talking when he starts to mumble, slur and then ramble on about things that are not necessary, or good for everyone to hear.

His response to being asked if he was going to ditch fossil fuels, was priceless. Because even the moderator had that look like "you did not seriously just say that".

Did you somehow miss his claim the we have "turned the corner" on the Corona virus and that "it's going away" on a day the US set a new record for daily infections and over 1000 deaths?

I heard him say it, Kid, but I guess I'm so used to hearing him say things like that it kind of got past me. But you're right--it's not true.

IMO, Trump won strategically when Biden made his comments about the oil industry. The comments were obviously true, but YOU CAN'T SAY THAT. And honestly, the first time I wondered if his aging is affecting his faculties is when that happened -- how the F did he not stick to his talking points there? But then again, I guess the occasional inexplicable gaffe has always been his thing.

You don't prepay personal income tax.

Huh? I think I do every year. And that sometimes I get fines for not prepaying enough. Are you sure about what you are saying? I'm not claiming expertise or anything, just personal experience.

Back
Top Bottom