• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who won the debate?

Who won?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 38 30.2%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 72 57.1%
  • Neither

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • Both

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Kristen Welker

Votes: 6 4.8%

• Total voters
Ironically, a debate in which Trump doesn't scream and interrupt like a homicidal maniac makes it clearer that Biden won, if only for the reason that it's clearer that Biden has so much better a grasp on basic policy. And we're able to focus on that just because we're not paying attention to the homicidal maniac that's his opponent.

There are going to be a bunch of memorable moments though, and my "favorite" may be this:

Biden: "Children are being separated from their families and they won't know how to find their parents."

Trump: "Good."

Ironically, a debate in which Trump doesn't act like a homicidal maniac makes it clearer that Biden won, if only for the reason that it's clearer that Biden has so much better a grasp on basic policy. And we're able to focus on that just because we're not paying attention to the homicidal maniac that's his opponent.

There are going to be a bunch of memorable moments though, and my "favorite" may be this:

Biden: "Children are being separated from their families and they won't know how to find their parents."

Even by the abysmally low standards that trump has set, that was a jaw-dropper.

It just goes to show us what a malicious sadist trump is.

Who do you think won the debate?
Trump was better than before, but Biden still had the better message and factual, trump did badly on the pandemic and his closer was a big nothing burger, so another win for Biden. Doubt it changed anyone's mind.

Man, I'm stumped. Some people are saying that Trump told a lot of lies, but I didn't catch them, so it looked to me like the debate was a tie.

Reactions: ETC
Trump started out good but let his emotions get the better of him after he got hit hard on his taxes. He closed out with hitting Biden on oil, but apart from that was not that great.

Biden didn't really knock it out of the park. His memorized lines were alright.

I'd say a tie with a lean towards Biden.

I've been saying for two years, with supporting evidence, that trump's motivation for separating families is open cruelty. I have the links and quotes, and republicans don't care because Latinos are to Republicans what cockroaches are to a can of Raid.

Trump started out good but let his emotions get the better of him after he got hit hard on his taxes. He closed out with hitting Biden on oil, but apart from that was not that great.

Biden didn't really knock it out of the park. His memorized lines were alright.

I'd say a tie with a lean towards Biden.

If you think he started out "alright," it's because he didn't enter the stage screaming and flinging his feces in all directions this time. If you were to judge his performance by normal standards, his performance was terrible.

If you think he started out "alright," it's because he didn't enter the stage screaming and flinging his feces in all directions this time.

After the first debate? Him sighing and weeping for the entire thing would have been an improvement.

I don't like the poll choices. I'd say it was a draw, with all sides coming out OK. Kristen did well, because both candidates were well in control. Neither Trump or Biden came out as clear winners or losers.

Ironically, a debate in which Trump doesn't scream and interrupt like a homicidal maniac makes it clearer that Biden won, if only for the reason that it's clearer that Biden has so much better a grasp on basic policy. And we're able to focus on that just because we're not paying attention to the homicidal maniac that's his opponent.

I might be wrong, but I think Trump was responding to the the moderator saying she will be moving on to a different topic. Also, it wasn't completely clear to me whether he said "good" or "go ahead".

Since I don't think there was a clear winner, I also don't believe it moved the needle much, so it's almost like the debate didn't happen.

I think Trump probably had a slightly better night, but that is largely because the bar was so low. But that edge is oh so slight. I doubt it changed anyone's vote.

If you think he started out "alright," it's because he didn't enter the stage screaming and flinging his feces in all directions this time. If you were to judge his performance by normal standards, his performance was terrible.

trump was restrained for about the first five minutes. Then he flew off the rails like the madman that he is.

He simply is unable to help himself.

It was like a firehose of lies and Biden was the firefighter, AND the Chief Information Officer.
Proof that he is able to multitask.
And that's even before Twumpy twied (hee hee Twumpy twied) sneaking his bogus laptop story in there, even before he tried weaseling his phony Fauci nonsense in there.

Oh wait, actually I think he ran the Fauci thing first.
So much bullcrap, hard to sort through it all.
I wish Biden had hammered on the months long LIE about COVID to the people.

Last edited:

We just have to accept...this is what the Republican base wants. They WANT Trump. They elected him to be a worthless scumbag and troll the libs...and he's doing it. Hence, the worship.

Their entire ideology is worthless. Trump is just the result of that.

the results so far are based on who wants Biden to win the election vs Trump. The board is now 4-1 Biden supporters. I thought it was a draw with Trump getting a slight edge for the oil industry issue. The moderator was far better than the Chris Wallace, and the two last week

the results so far are based on who wants Biden to win the election vs Trump. The board is now 4-1 Biden supporters. I thought it was a draw with Trump getting a slight edge for the oil industry issue. The moderator was far better than the Chris Wallace, and the two last week

It's early on in the poll, but it seems like Biden supporters are a lot more enthusiastic about the way the debate went than Trump supporters are. I've noticed a few people here who think Trump won thought it wasn't by much.

Who do you think won the debate?
I'm the only one that said neither? Trump kept saying "you say you're going to do this, do that, why haven't you done it?" Every time, Biden should have said "you're the one who said you're going to build a wall and Mexico is going to pay for it, you're the one who said you'll protect disabled Americans, you're the one who said covid will magically disappear and you didn't do any of it." Biden seemed ready for personal attacks and Trump just threw in some little hints for the conspiracy crowd.

Nobody won the debate. If you know the facts, Biden won. If you don't know the facts and don't check the facts, Trump won. It's a wash.

"Those with the lowest IQ" will be the headline and Trump will take a hit, he'll gain a percentage point for not screaming the entire time, and the numbers will stay the same.

Back
Top Bottom