• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who Wins?

Who Wins?

• Trump Wins Popular; Biden Wins EC

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
First, on the refugee thing, you may be confusing refugees we bring here from overseas with those who are already here or at the border claiming asylum. The former are screened by the UN, then by US officials in a 4-5 step security process that can take many months and involve more than one intelligence agency. The system is based on “burden sharing”, the notion that some countries of first refuge, say Thailand, sheltered post-war Vietnamese refugees with the understanding that the US and other distant countries will take them in after screening those most appropriate to come to the US. We took in between 60-100k per year, in accord with the president’s setting of numbers and regions of the world. It’s that number that Trump has reduced to a fraction of the usual total.

As you said, in accord with the president. It's his decision. If you don't like it, don't vote for him.

As to the poem, don’t believe me, believe Trump. He’s the one who said it was about immigrants.

You keep claiming that, but you won't provide the proof of your claim. Tell me...did you look it up and find out I was right?

As you said, in accord with the president. It's his decision. If you don't like it, don't vote for him.

You keep claiming that, but you won't provide the proof of your claim. Tell me...did you look it up and find out I was right?
My point was that Trump has abandoned US leadership in this area, and our past cooperation with poor nations that bear the burden of foreign policy decisions by rich nations like ours. The larger point are Trump’s demagogic actions towards immigrants of all kinds. Like fascists of another era, he needs enemies, often in the form of “The Other,” to try to frighten us. He has said that immigrants might “infest” us. He disgraces the flag he obscenely humps on the stage.

And I looked the poem up and found out I was right. Trump has compared immigrants, legal and illegal, to poisonous snakes on several occasions. One time was the CPAC conference. That and others easy to find. So we have infestations and poisonous snakes, images worthy of Goebbels. The media as “enemies of the people,” Stalin’s term. And of course, “nasty” women.
Make America Hate Again

My point was that Trump has abandoned US leadership in this area, and our past cooperation with poor nations that bear the burden of foreign policy decisions by rich nations like ours. The larger point are Trump’s demagogic actions towards immigrants of all kinds. Like fascists of another era, he needs enemies, often in the form of “The Other,” to try to frighten us. He has said that immigrants might “infest” us. He disgraces the flag he obscenely humps on the stage.

And I looked the poem up and found out I was right. Trump has compared immigrants, legal and illegal, to poisonous snakes on several occasions. One time was the CPAC conference. That and others easy to find. So we have infestations and poisonous snakes, images worthy of Goebbels. The media as “enemies of the people,” Stalin’s term. And of course, “nasty” women.
Make America Hate Again
So...you won't let go of your bias-induced nonsense and hyperbole and you still won't provide a link to Trump's statement.

The thing is, I did look it up. When he recited the poem, he was expressly talking about "unauthorized immigrants". You know, those illegal people.

So...we've come to the point I'm sure you've been expecting...

So...you won't let go of your bias-induced nonsense and hyperbole and you still won't provide a link to Trump's statement.

The thing is, I did look it up. When he recited the poem, he was expressly talking about "unauthorized immigrants". You know, those illegal people.

So...we've come to the point I'm sure you've been expecting...

You are correct. He has at times used it to target illegals, at other times simply said “this is about immigration.“‘ You can also look up all the other things he has said and policies he has instituted about immigrants to get the picture. My consistent points in these discussions are that 1- Trump demagogs the issue, creating fear and resentment over complex issues in many areas of immigration; 2- he seized brilliantly and shamelessly on people’s concerns about demographic changes in the US, people who, like one of my fave right wing talk show hosts, get angry when they hear “press one for English, two for Spanish” ( I imagine there is “Press one for English, two for French“ in parts of Vermont and New Hampshire) ; 3- his approach and actions are no different than those of “Know Nothings” of the early 19th century, than the Klan-influenced anti-Jewish and Italian immigration movements of the early 20th century; 4- his divisive motives were shown when he spread extremely false information on black on white homicide. It doesn’t matter whether it is legals or illegals, blacks or the media or nasty women. Trump traffics in hate. Try this out: Find a quote where Trump uses the same strong language and fluid facts about white supremacists, the Proud Boys, etc., that he has used about refugees, the caravan, immigrants, blacks, the media or women.

Wow! I didn't know voting would be this easy!

:)

Anyway, as a farmer Republican--I mean former Republican--it feels funny to publicly predict a Democratic win, but that's what I'm doing.

It’s the Democrats that are getting caught pulling their dicks on camera

A writer for the New Yorker.

A president.

Your game is weak.

A writer for the New Yorker.

A president.

Your game is weak.

Lmao, have you got a credible link to Trump getting caught with his dick out or are you referring to Bill Clinton?

Lmao, have you got a credible link to Trump getting caught with his dick out or are you referring to Bill Clinton?

Could you seriously be more dense?

Go back. Read it all again.

You get a good feel for delusion levels from those poll results.

Back
Top Bottom