• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Who Wins Your Vote Bill Clinton or G. W. Bush?

Who Would You Vote For in a HEAD to HEAD Election?

• Total voters

26 X World Champs

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
I am curious to see you would vote if both Presidents Clinton & Bush were allowed to run for a third term and ran against each other?

I guess you all know that I would vote for President Clinton because I prefer to not be in a worthless war. I prefer to have a budget surplus not a world record deficit. I prefer to have people in cabinet positions that were not appointed as payback for political favors. I prefer to have a president who protects the environment not one who pollutes it. I prefer to have a president who believes in science and funds stem cell research rather than diverting government funds to propagandists to produce make believe news broadcasts and planted "news stories" that espouse the virtues of Bush backed programs.

I also prefer to have someone in the White House who is a serious scholar rather than a serious moron (Bush). I want a president who can speak to people and reporters and to anyone without reading from a prepared text or with someone whispering in his ear.

I vote for President Bill Clinton! Who do you vote for and why?

PS - Spare us the blow job slander.

PPS - Did you know when Clinton was impeached his approval ratings were over 60% and were never, ever anywhere close to dipping below 40% like Bush's did recently.

Last edited:
I say Clinton becasue of the record economy under him, realitive peace, and his ability at public speaking make him the better President.

Whoops, i voted for G W by mistake. Subtract one from him and add it to clintons instead.

quietrage said:
I say Clinton becasue of the record economy under him, realitive peace, and his ability at public speaking make him the better President.
Clinton was not responsible for the 90s economy
whereas Bush is very much responsible for keeping us out of a recession/depression
The relative peace you enjoyed in the Clinton years allowed AlQaida to go unchecked, unattacked, and let him orchestrate the 9/11 attacks
cant dispute the public speaking aspect. he was better at it, even if he rarely actually said anything of merit. he knew how to talk alot without actually saying anything. if that is what you love, more power to you. It is your right as an american.

DeeJayH said:
Clinton was not responsible for the 90s economy
:spin:
Really? Then who was? :rofl It's amazing how some of you give zero credit for the good things that happened during Clinton's 8 years AND at the same time you blame him for everything BAD that's happened AFTER he left office. If that's not a world class SPIN job then I do not know what is!
DeeJayH said:
whereas Bush is very much responsible for keeping us out of a recession/depression
Care to explain how the number of people living in poverty has risen each year that Bush's been in office? How about gasoline prices? What's America going to think / feel when winter comes and heating oil and natural gas prices hit our economy like a Hurricane George?
DeeJayH said:
The relative peace you enjoyed in the Clinton years allowed AlQaida to go unchecked, unattacked, and let him orchestrate the 9/11 attacks
How come Clinton spent more money fighting terrorism than anyone before him, a lot more? How come when the WTC was first attacked in 1994 all the people responsible for caught and sent to jail? How come America's standing in the world community was a zillion times higher than it is today under Bush? Do you think it's good that America has become the most hated nation in the world? Do you think anyone would have ever suggested that being the most hated nation in the world was a possibility under Clinton?

Bush's record is a dismal failure and the really sad thing is that every day that passes his record gets worse as does our economy, our world standing, the war in Iraq, the energy crisis and pollution in America. Bush's a presidential nightmare and as the saying goes "The jig is up" and the American people have woken up and are unwilling to accept his mediocrity anymore.

Sorry to burst the bubble, but the next three years under Bush may very well go down as the worst 3 years amy president has ever endured regarding job performance.

The entire Republican party is reeling, their leaders are under indictment, being investigated and the in-fighting is only just beginning. One of the things Republicans have done really well the last 11 years or so is to hang together as a united front, in most instances. 2005 will be remembered historically as the year that the failure of Republican leadership took hold and signaled the pendulum's natural swing away from the right and back towards the Democrats.

Will this happen overnight? Of course not! Will it happen in time for the 2008 elections? I believe it will, but only time will tell.

OMG, Clinton without a doubt. *Sigh* I miss him terribly.

26 X World Champs said:
It's amazing how some of you give zero credit for the good things that happened during Clinton's 8 years
just what did Clinton do, besides, just happen to be in office when the pc/internet revolution happened?

26 X World Champs said:
Care to explain how the number of people living in poverty has risen each year that Bush's been in office?
and yet minority home ownership is hitting records, especially amongst blacks
how is that possible when all the poor are being sh!t on by Bush

26 X World Champs said:
How about gasoline prices? What's America going to think / feel when winter comes and heating oil and natural gas prices hit our economy like a Hurricane George?
I find it amusing how people scream 'Its a war for Oil" yet you always see this post coming up shortly thereafter.
Amusing how you can see that Hurricanes are somehow involved, yet you can not grasp that it is acts of nature that has hamstrung our refineries. Not Bush. i am sure you wish it was really true, but Katrina and Rita did it.
But I doubt you can wrap your mind around something as simple as a natural disaster affecting the economy. All that matters is, how can you use it against Evil Bush. really sad
26 X World Champs said:
How come Clinton spent more money fighting terrorism than anyone before him, a lot more?
well maybe you can do me a favor and back that up with a reliable source
and i dont mean launching million dollar missiles at an empty tent in the desert
because all i seem to remember is Clinton decimating the Defense/Intelligence budgets.
26 X World Champs said:
Do you think it's good that America has become the most hated nation in the world? Do you think anyone would have ever suggested that being the most hated nation in the world was a possibility under Clinton?

i would rather be respected and feared, than liked and weak
We are willing to due what the pseudo-intellectuals are not
we should let all our 'allies' fall by the wayside, and see how they fair when they have no strength in their economy, when they have no military to defend themselves, and nothing but lofty ideals to defend themselves with.
Could it be that just like in America when opponents of Bush babbled nonsense about a war for oil, so of our 'allies' were preaching how bad we were, when they were actually breaking and profiting from the sanctions.

26 X World Champs said:
Sorry to burst the bubble, but the next three years under Bush may very well go down as the worst 3 years amy president has ever endured regarding job performance.

The entire Republican party is reeling, their leaders are under indictment, being investigated and the in-fighting is only just beginning. One of the things Republicans have done really well the last 11 years or so is to hang together as a united front, in most instances. 2005 will be remembered historically as the year that the failure of Republican leadership took hold and signaled the pendulum's natural swing away from the right and back towards the Democrats.

Will this happen overnight? Of course not! Will it happen in time for the 2008 elections? I believe it will, but only time will tell.

Only if the Dems learn to do more than attack, criticize, obstruct and just generally be sore losers. The dems have nothing to offer but that. and unless they change, the Rep/Cons will rule, and the Green party or Libertarians will rise in its place
the Democratic party is a joke.
Kerry's entire platform was 'Bush is wrong, go to my website.' and he lost.
he offered nothing of substance, and that is why Reps have the executive, the house and the senate.
Is bush ******* that away, seems like it, especially considering his latest SCOTUS nominee.
But the Reps are doing alot better than the Dems
we have 2 of the 3 branches, and Bush is working on the third
must really suck to be you right now.
your party is such a failure, you have no power, and instead of bringing solutions and alternatives, all they bring is criticism and obstructionism.

DeeJayH said:
maybe you should re-register as 'Old and a Simpleton'
I agree. When Clinton lied, nobody died? Please....

When Clinton lied, the media jumped on him, ignored the economy and prosperous state of the American people, and dug up every tiny mistake he made.

When Bush lied, it was fine, and anyone who disagrees is a flag-burning ignorant liberal terrorist supporter.

You would have to put a gun to my head to get me to even consider voting for either one.

Whats so bad about Clinton? Would't you lie if you were asked if you cheated on your wife? He really didn't do anything worse than what almost all politicians have done.

OdgenTugbyGlub said:
Whats so bad about Clinton? Would't you lie if you were asked if you cheated on your wife? He really didn't do anything worse than what almost all politicians have done.
I agree!

Can you imagine a debate between Bill & W? :slapme:

Comparing Bush to Clinton is like comparing a dime to a dollar.

Clinton never proposed a single budget with over 3% growth in discretionary spending. In fact, budget growth in Clinton’s budget proposals, which were no higher than the budget’s that congress passed, were the lowest of any other president since Dwight Eisenhower. Through fiscal discipline brought about by the 1993 Tax Increase and constrained federal budget growth, record foreign investment because of that fiscal discipline, free trade, the telecom act of 1996 (made the internet revolution possible), the best treasury secretary in U.S. history, and policies that even Alan Greenspan credited with the unprecedented growth of the nineties resulted in:
  • More than 22 million new jobs
  • Homeownership rate increase from 64.0% to 67.5%
  • Lowest unemployment in 30 years
  • Higher incomes at all levels
  • Largest budget deficit in American history converted to the largest surplus of over $200 billion
  • Lowest government spending as a percentage of GDP since 1974 [5]
  • Higher stock ownership by families than ever before
  • Highest median income growth in a generation
  • Lowest poverty rate on record
(Bush so far is second only two Johnson as the biggest spender in terms of budget growth of any President in U.S. history)

SouthernDemocrat said:
(Bush so far is second only two Johnson as the biggest spender in terms of budget growth of any President in U.S. history)

try putting it in context
while i am not happy with Bush's Drunken Sailor side
he has also had to deal with unprecedented catastrophic events

SouthernDemocrat said:
Clinton never proposed a single budget with over 3% growth in discretionary spending. In fact, budget growth in Clinton’s budget proposals, which were no higher than the budget’s that congress passed, were the lowest of any other president since Dwight Eisenhower. Through fiscal discipline brought about by the 1993 Tax Increase and constrained federal budget growth, record foreign investment because of that fiscal discipline, free trade, the telecom act of 1996 (made the internet revolution possible), the best treasury secretary in U.S. history, and policies that even Alan Greenspan credited with the unprecedented growth of the nineties resulted in:
  • More than 22 million new jobs
  • Homeownership rate increase from 64.0% to 67.5%
  • Lowest unemployment in 30 years
  • Higher incomes at all levels
  • Largest budget deficit in American history converted to the largest surplus of over $200 billion
  • Lowest government spending as a percentage of GDP since 1974 [5]
  • Higher stock ownership by families than ever before
  • Highest median income growth in a generation
  • Lowest poverty rate on record
maybe you would be so kind as to source it, should be in your history folder ;)
some of your points are accurate, on its face, as my memory has not completely failed me, but others....

OdgenTugbyGlub said:

That doesn't excuse it. That doesn't make it acceptable. That's one of the problems with the political system, we excuse behaviour that would get someone fired from a real job. Because it's politicians, it's just business as normal.

They're almost entirely power-hungry sleazebags. They're not fit to take care of a goldfish, let alone the country.

DeeJayH said:
try putting it in context
while i am not happy with Bush's Drunken Sailor side
he has also had to deal with unprecedented catastrophic events

Johnson had Vietnam (his own doing)and the absolute heights of the Cold War to deal with along with the space race. What is Bush's excuse?

SouthernDemocrat said:
Johnson had Vietnam (his own doing)and the absolute heights of the Cold War to deal with along with the space race. What is Bush's excuse?

Vietnam hardly compares to Iraq. Death toll was much higher, and the expense was much lower than Iraq. Maybe i am wrong, but i dont think we were rebuilding Vietnam while fighting the war
9/11 which had airline companies folding within days
Internet bubble/stock market crash
War on Terror
do i actually have to name all the hurricanes during one of the busiest hurricane seasons in decades
steal an election, which must cost alot to bribe the supreme court

and he had to deal with all this using his own feeble intelligence

DeeJayH said:
Vietnam hardly compares to Iraq. Death toll was much higher, and the expense was much lower than Iraq. Maybe i am wrong, but i dont think we were rebuilding Vietnam while fighting the war
9/11 which had airline companies folding within days
Internet bubble/stock market crash
War on Terror
do i actually have to name all the hurricanes during one of the busiest hurricane seasons in decades
steal an election, which must cost alot to bribe the supreme court

and he had to deal with all this using his own feeble intelligence
Come on, Defense spending in the 60s as a percentage of GDP was much higher than Defense spending today is. We were rebuilding Vietnam as we fought the war just like with Iraq today. We were competing with the Soviets. We put a man on the moon. We built huge amounts of infrastructure in America. Even if you set aside the recent disasters. Bush has grown the size of government more than any other president since Johnson. Look at a federal budget, set aside social security and medicare because that is paid for out of payroll taxes and it currently has a surplus. If you look at spending, corporate welfare is more expensive than every social program combined. A true fiscal conservative can't just take the budget ax to programs like the National Park service and the Corps of Engineers, because those are tiny outlays in the Federal Budget anyway. A true fiscal conservative must look at the source of the problem and that is pork and corporate welfare. Of course, the party of the "K-Street Project" who allows corporate lobbysts to author almost all legislation would never do that.

I wish that there was a third pick, labled 'other'. I really don't like either of them. Slick Willy, the Adulterer. And Bush, the monkey.

But since there is only 2 picks, I'll go with Bush. Only because Bush knows how to kick A. Clinton was too busy getting his knob polished to deal with National Security.

But, to settle the poverty issue, Clinton gave a little more than a billion dollars to poverty; yet he is hailed as the "First Black President". Bush gave a little more than 3 billion dollars to poverty, along with tax cuts FOR ALL AMERICANS; yet Bush is a racist hick.

Clinton also wasted money to research the sex habits of house flies... that sick puppy.

Bush freed the Iraqi ppl from a brutal dictatorship regime. Clinton freed his hormones from a wife that only gave him one child.

Laura Bush spends time reading to children. Hillary Clinton spent tax payer money to go on pointless vacations.

[Most of this stuff I got from Fox News and Bill O'rielly.]

Back
Top Bottom