• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who will you vote for in the 2012 presidential election...

Who will you vote for in the 2012 Presidential Election?

• Total voters
Currently neither Romney or Obama has my vote.Should Romeny chose Gingrich to be his running mate then I will vote for Obama.

I won't vote for Romney at all. Voting for liberal republicans ensures that the republicans will keep propping up libs.

I don't think he will pick Newt. ...He will go for someone younger that can run for President after 8 years of Romney being President.:2razz:

There are only two horses in the race that have a chance of winning, and which one would you rather have a liberal Democrat, or a moderate Republican?

Obama Pro Choice.........Romney says he is Pro Life now, but used to be Pro Choice

Obama Big Gov............. Romney claims to be small Gov.

Obama anti DOMA..........Romney says he is pro DOMA now, but wasn't always

Obama pro Obama care........Romney wrote Obamacare

Obama tax increases........Romney anti tax increases (maybe this is correct)

Obama cut defense spending ..........Romney increase defense spending or hold the line (who knows for sure)

From what I understand he didn't raise taxes but he most certianly raised fees for everything.

He was a moderate, pro choice, pro gay liberal when he became governor of MA. Now that he has to appeal to the broader American conservative electorate, he has became an anti abortion, anti gay rights, anti birth control, pro family social Conservative.

Which is why Willard's top advisor aptly defined him as Mr. "Etch a Sketch".

Currently neither Romney or Obama has my vote.Should Romeny chose Gingrich to be his running mate then I will vote for Obama.

no one is stupid enough to pick Newt, at least I would hope not lol

Picking Newt, Palin, Cain, West or bachmann gives the election to OBama IMO

The dem party of today is far more leftwing than Clinton was while the GOP of today is hardly farther rightwing than the party that elected Reagan or GHWB

That is because Clinton was a very centrist president. One of the things he did to piss off republicans was to take their ideas and push for them. NAFTA springs to mind...

And the republicans are way to the right of Reagan. Reagan would be hard pressed to pass any republican purity test they have suggested.

Last edited:
No way!
The Dem party hasnt moved from ****. Remember Clinton was the original person in favor of health care system. Remember Medicare for all and all that jibber jabber?

Nixon was the first if my memory serves. Clinton was hardly the first.

I won't be voting for any presidential candidate in the next election.

I'm in the same boat, Huntsman is a better version of Romney. Somehow I doubt he's "conservative enough" for the tea party types to be a valid VP pick though.

1. I'm a tea party type

2. Other than being moderate in Tone and being a Mormon, there's few similarities between Huntsman and Romney imho.

3. He'd be a horrible VP pick because of perception, not reality, in terms of the exact thing you stated...that he's essentially similar to Romney.

1. I am not sure this country will last to 2016 under Huseein Obama.

2. they don't vote, they can't complain.

3. a 3rd party vote is a vote for Obama

4. not to my knowledge.......If he runs he will ensure Obama wins............

Nobody named "Hussein Obama" is running. Let's stick with reality.

That is because Clinton was a very centrist president. One of the things he did to piss off republicans was to take their ideas and push for them. NAFTA springs to mind...

And the republicans are way to the right of Reagan. Reagan would be hard pressed to pass any republican purity test they have suggested.

Clinton moved to the center only after 1994, when the Republicans were voted into the majority in Congress.

Republicans are to the right of Reagan??? Who is? Reagan was a strong conservative and both Bush's and Romney are to the left of Reagan.

Clinton vs Santorum. I am making my projection now.

I would love nothing more than after two Obama terms, giving the right-wing one or two terms of Hilary. Their heads would explode. But best of all, we would rescue the Supreme Court from falling into the hands of the right-wing and advancing their radical right-wing social agenda.

Romney Pro Life

Just ask him, he'll tell you. And he's so trustworthy! Ignore the fact that until it was advantageous to him he was no pro-life

Romney small Gov

Just ask him, he'll tell you. And he's so trustworthy! Ignore that he implemented state level universal health care and is all for expanding government spending, government invasion into personal lives, etc.

Romney pro DOMA

Hey something that kind of is believable...but wait, this'll like be a courts thing. Drat.

Romney anti Obama care

Just ask him, he'll tell you. And he's so trustworthy! Just ignore his past stances on that kind of thing.

Romney anti tax increases

Just ask him, he'll tell you. And he's so trustworthy! Just ignore the end around ways he raised taxes and fee's in mass.

Romney increase defense spending or hold the line

Indeed, nothing says fiscal responsibility than actually already increasing the spending on something that helps make up 1/3rd of all of our government spending.

Hope that helps

Yep. It shows exactly why I'm not excited one bit about this election. The funny thing is if Mitt Romney was on this forum he'd be "your left wing friend" but he's apparently Joe Conservative all of a sudden that Navy is definitely ready to rally behind as if he's the second coming of GWB lol

I do not trust republican politicians at all and democrats aren't much better. I would have to vote for Obama being the lesser of the two evils but I could live with a Romney in the Whitehouse just the same.. I don't think he will be as much of a **** up as Bush was.

Obama's gonna take it whether I vote or not.

Last edited:
That is a conservative piece of legislation, or did you forget the 90's?

Did you forget the 90's, or just not bother to actually do any research, to see how that piece of legislation came to be, the significant differences that actually exist between the two, how quickly the one in the 90's lost support and why, and the context of the political environment at the time that made it come to pass?

Oh wait...that'd get in the way of snappy comeback!

What a crock. Goldwater's approach to many issues would be regarded as extremely small government (I'm talking lack of funding for government programs) for their liking-like Paul now.

Shhhhh, Disney likes to proclaim Goldwater as some great Conservative he has respect for and likes and would've supported......because he's long gone, a far past figure to many, and there's no hope of Disney ever actually having to be tested on his claims. Its his pathetic little misrepresented shield of "see, see, I'm not a hyper partisan liberal!" that fails laughably every time because....well....we can read what he writes.

Save for the most hyper partisan of conservatives you don't even see people calling Ron Paul "liberal". Some of his stances? Sure. But by and large the majority of the GOP don't call him a "liberal" and you're spot on in regards to that being the modern day person Goldwater would likely be closest to fiscally right now on the national scene.

I'm sad, but not surprised, that this thread has become an essential pissing contest over which party is furthest from the center. C'mon people.

He's conservative and looks like he's going to be the nominee.

That's "Far right whacko" in the hyper partisan definition of Disney.

I'd welcome him to actually define what makes one a "far right whacko" rather than someone whose simply "Right".

I'd welcome him to actually define what makes one a "far right whacko" rather than someone whose simply "Right".

A far right wacko is one to the right of Lenin.

Take your pick which Lenin.

Shhhhh, Disney likes to proclaim Goldwater as some great Conservative he has respect for and likes and would've supported......because he's long gone, a far past figure to many, and there's no hope of Disney ever actually having to be tested on his claims. Its his pathetic little misrepresented shield of "see, see, I'm not a hyper partisan liberal!" that fails laughably every time because....well....we can read what he writes.

Save for the most hyper partisan of conservatives you don't even see people calling Ron Paul "liberal". Some of his stances? Sure. But by and large the majority of the GOP don't call him a "liberal" and you're spot on in regards to that being the modern day person Goldwater would likely be closest to fiscally right now on the national scene.

Just to correct you Zyph....I've never said that I supported Goldwater or would have ever voted for him. I most likely would NOT have and you know that I've said that before, so please don't mischaracterize me in order to try to "score points". What I have said is that I respect Goldwater because he truly was a man of conservative principles. He truly believed in small government (something that I personally do not) and small government is what true conservatism is about. Todays GOP claims to be about small government when in fact their policies are for everything but small government. I hope that this sets the record straight.

Clinton's Presidency, specifically his second half, was Left Leaning Centrist.

Reagan's Presidency was definitely solidly conservative, though would be considered moderately conservative if picked up and dropped point for point into the modern era.

Clinton HIMSELF however was and is clearly a solid to strong liberal and Reagan himself ideologically was absolutely a solid to strong Conservative.

There is a difference between what an individuals views/thoughts/ideology is and how they govern based on the issues in front of them. Clinton's personal views, for people who listen to him talk, listen to his hopes and desires prior to election, his view on things post presidency, etc was hardly a "centrist". Reagan would hardly be someone you could call moderate either in terms of his actuals views. But the situations politically both found themselves in led their Presidencies to look differently then they themselves may be.

REAGAN would not have issues passing republican purity tests today, Reagan's 1980's PRESIDENCY dropped uncontextually into the modern day would have issues.

Easy.

Conservative (or to the right) would be someone who supports small government. Limited government involvement in social programs and government involvement in individual lives.

Right-wing wacko - Those who try to appease the evangelical base of the party by promising to advance their right-wing social agenda, advancing "Christianity" over other religions, seeking to actively pack the Supreme Court with activist judges that will further advance the anti-gay, anti-choice, pro-corporation/anti-worker, anti-civil rights social agenda of the right wing.

That help?

Back
Top Bottom