• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Who will win the House?

Who will win the House?

• Republicans will retain control

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • Democrats will take control

Votes: 43 66.2%
  • I don't know

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Other answer posted in the thread

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Divine_Wind

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
A 24 hour poll to project who will win the House and then discuss the results after tomorrow night.

Personally, as usual, I'm going with the odds: The Democrats will take the House. What I find very interesting is that early voting (including yours truly) is up by 27 million votes. Most early voters are older, white, Christian Americans (the largest voting block in America).

Dems take the House.
Beto takes Texas.

Dems take the house.Trump blames the Republicans for the Dems taking the House. EDIT: Meant to hit 'reply to thread button'

Dems take the house.Trump blames the Republicans for the Dems taking the House.

No doubt he will. He's trying to play both sides of that coin; state at rallies that he's up for reelection but also distance himself from a potential loss.

Hillary blames everyone but herself for losing in 2016, Trump is no better.

A 24 hour poll to project who will win the House and then discuss the results after tomorrow night.

Personally, as usual, I'm going with the odds: The Democrats will take the House. What I find very interesting is that early voting (including yours truly) is up by 27 million votes. Most early voters are older, white, Christian Americans (the largest voting block in America).

I'll go with between 30-35 net gain seats for the Democrats in the House taking control. The GOP picks up one senate seat to retain control there.

Dems take the house and Trump will make up some more vote rigging conspiracy theories.

Democrats take the House even if it’s by a slim margin...

I've noticed the " Blue Wave " phenomena has lost some of it's momentum. Is this because the Left doesn't think it has a chance in hell or are they simply tempering their expectations ?

Dems take the House.
Beto takes Texas.

Beto won't win. Cruz had more votes in the primary than a Democrats has put together
Texans want nothing to do with Beto O'Rourke

Yeah, me too. We could all go by wishful thinking, but at the end of the day, it would be just setting ourselves up to look like fools.

I expect the House to go to the Democrats, and the Senate to go to the Republicans. Beto is probably going to lose, but it's going to be close--he doesn't have enough time to close the gap, and the only way he wins is if the pollsters make errors similar to those made during the 2016 election, like neglecting cell-phones.

Yeah, me too. We could all go by wishful thinking, but at the end of the day, it would be just setting ourselves up to look like fools.

I expect the House to go to the Democrats, and the Senate to go to the Republicans. Beto is probably going to lose, but it's going to be close--he doesn't have enough time to close the gap, and the only way he wins is if the pollsters make errors similar to those made during the 2016 election, like neglecting cell-phones.

Good points. Unfortunately, the demographic most likely to support Beto is also the demographic least likely to vote.

Beto won't win. Cruz had more votes in the primary than a Democrats has put together
Texans want nothing to do with Beto O'Rourke

If Texans want nothing to do with Beto...who all all those people showing up to his rallies and voting early.

If Texans did not anything to do with Beto...Cruz would be at +16.

I've noticed the " Blue Wave " phenomena has lost some of it's momentum. Is this because the Left doesn't think it has a chance in hell or are they simply tempering their expectations ?

I think many Democrats are keeping quite on this one but intend to vote like EVERYTHING is at stake. I'm not predicting anything.

If Texans want nothing to do with Beto...who all all those people showing up to his rallies and voting early.

Same question (and answer) to those who show up at Trump rallies. Sure, having 20,000 people show up at half a dozen rallies would look impressive, but Texas has over 28 million citizens and 120,000 people is just 0.43% of the population. I don't know the actual numbers of those showing up at Trump and Beto rallies, but the concept remains the same: sure, it looks impressive, but the numbers are a meer fraction of the voting population.

I wouldn't take any of these polls too seriously, not after what happened in 2016, and I suppose Beto could come from behind and win, but I'm just not seeing it

I think Beto will lose by 6 or more. My Parents are voting for Beto and told me to do the same. I asked why and they said we need to stop Trump

Huh ? What exactly is Beto running on ?

We won't know until tomorrow or the following days. However, I look forward to voting against Trumpist ****heads.

We won't know until tomorrow or the following days. However, I look forward to voting against Trumpist ****heads.

That cuts both ways. The Kavanaugh debacle and the Caravan infuriated and alienated millions of American voters.
Whether the GOP wins or loses one thing's for sure, I'll be glad when this election is over.

Good points. Unfortunately, the demographic most likely to support Beto is also the demographic least likely to vote.

You talking about kids? I would consider them to be a wild-card in our current political climate. I actually believe that under a Clinton administration, the sleepy side of the left would remain asleep, but this demographic is far more active than usual.

You talking about kids? I would consider them to be a wild-card in our current political climate. I actually believe that under a Clinton administration, the sleepy side of the left would remain asleep, but this demographic is far more active than usual.

Younger voters, yes. We shall see.

That cuts both ways. The Kavanaugh debacle and the Caravan infuriated and alienated millions of American voters.
Whether the GOP wins or loses one thing's for sure, I'll be glad when this election is over.

Women are a much more likely game changer than counting on Millennials to put down their iPhones long enough to vote.

I wouldn't take any of these polls too seriously, not after what happened in 2016, and I suppose Beto could come from behind and win, but I'm just not seeing it

I think Beto will lose by 6 or more. My Parents are voting for Beto and told me to do the same. I asked why and they said we need to stop Trump

Huh ? What exactly is Beto running on ?

I wonder who those people are that are voting for Greg Abbott for Governor, but NOT voting for Ted Cruz for Senate. That's the interesting question. If Cruz trails Abbott by more than 10 percentage points, he should reconsider his career in elective politics.

Republican and Democratic enthusiasm are in a dead heat, so now it comes down to the simple question of which party has more voters (as well as which side independents are inclined toward, of course).

But the blue wave itself technically hasn’t lost any momentum. In fact, Democrats’ odds are better than they ever have been.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom