• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who will win the first debate?

Who wins the first debate?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 33 33.0%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 45 45.0%
  • Tie

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trick question, they'll both underperform

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • Chris Wallace

Votes: 14 14.0%

• Total voters
Both of them will perform terribly. Biden will show his age and Trump will just do his normal rambling garbage.
Trump will hammer Biden with everything the Goebbels Media has been trying to bury.

It’s gonna be fun.

Kind of an odd question. Who do you think who perform the best at the first round of debates?

Keep in mind the following things:

The 1960 presidential debate between Kennedy and Nixon set the tone for the rest of the debates. Nixon was recovering from a knee injury on the campaign trial. He was constantly sweating and looked exhausted after trying to campaign in all 50 states. Kennedy looked rested and articulate.

George W. Bush in 2000 and 2004, struggled in his first debate against Gore and Kerry, and then gradually got better.

Barack Obama pretty much won all the debates between McCain and Romney. Although Romney had a strong third debate on foreign policy.

Donald Trump in 2016 didn't win any of the debates, but still able to get the competitive advantage at the end.

Despite Biden's speech impediment and stutter, he tends to do extremely well in one-on-one debates. He had the upper hand against Palin and Ryan.

How do you think it'll go this time around? Who will come out on top the first

You forgot to include the most important piece of information with which to make this decision: According to who? A Republican or a Democrat?

;)

Kind of an odd question. Who do you think who perform the best at the first round of debates?

Keep in mind the following things:

The 1960 presidential debate between Kennedy and Nixon set the tone for the rest of the debates. Nixon was recovering from a knee injury on the campaign trial. He was constantly sweating and looked exhausted after trying to campaign in all 50 states. Kennedy looked rested and articulate.

George W. Bush in 2000 and 2004, struggled in his first debate against Gore and Kerry, and then gradually got better.

Barack Obama pretty much won all the debates between McCain and Romney. Although Romney had a strong third debate on foreign policy.

Donald Trump in 2016 didn't win any of the debates, but still able to get the competitive advantage at the end.

Despite Biden's speech impediment and stutter, he tends to do extremely well in one-on-one debates. He had the upper hand against Palin and Ryan.

How do you think it'll go this time around? Who will come out on top the first

If you intend to vote for Biden then you will think Biden won the debate. If you intend to vote for the jackass then you will think he won the debate. At this point nearly everyone has made up their mind; the debate will not change anyone's mind, nor will anything anyone writes here on this forum.
And still Biden is up by 8 points.........

I also firmly believe that if there really are voters that havn't decided by now (funny concept) and watch with intent that they will be shocked at how well Trump actually speaks because all they see are snippets on the news that are out of context or edited. Again, not a fan but Trump hasn't been given a fair shake.

I think the most Americans are not dumb. Even those who support the jackass know that he lies, exaggerates, and embellishes every time he has his mouth open to bray. If you call that "speaking well" then sure, he speaks well.
As long as you have the ability to sort through his lies.

I think Trump will absolutely destroy Biden. But, I also think that the spin from the media will be how "poised" Biden was and how he held is own because he didn't studder or say "look" as often as expected.

<- Not a fan of either
I agree on both counts. Trump will destroy Biden. And yes, the media will do as it has always done in my lifetime, declare the democrat the winner of all three debates, no matter what. Then if as I expect, Trump wins the election, the media will reluctantly talk about what moments in the debates that Trump pulled out a win.

Sounds very partisan of you. Like it or not, Trump has an impressive list of accomplishments to run on. Biden has been in politics for 47 years and has very little to show for it....not to mention he is in serious cognitive decline.

Trump has 3 years of lies, ramblings, mispronounciations, unable to complete sentences and his administration has been a growing dumpster fire. And he poseses every menial debasing dispicable moral trait that I would counsel my grandchildren to avoid like the plauge while possesing absolutely NO redeaming qualites whatever. Everyday is a new rake handle in the face for Trump.

Biden has 47 years of public service experince that progressed with ever increasing responsibity and is known for his ablity and desire to bring people together for the good of the Nation. (compared to Trumps (0) ZERO - even as president he's only been self serving)

For every gaff or moment of confusion you can claim about Joe Biden there are 10's even 100's of Trump. Calling Joe out for his "cognitive decline" is a losing issue for Trump and he knows it, as evidenced that he hardly goes there anymore except on his toady loaded, COVID incubating rallies where he can and does get away with saying anything no matter how false or ridiculous.

IF Trump gets hard questions it's because of his history of lies that need clarified, Biden on the other hand will be asked how he plans to heal and reunite the Nation. (I hope) Should be an easy win for Biden.

Frankly I agree with Nancy Pelosi, debating Trump only brings Trump up from the gutter; Joe shouldn't stoop to dignifying the louse by debating him.

Last edited:
First of all most folks thought Romney had Obama on the ropes after the second debate even despite Candy Crawley interjecting herself in the debate with misinformation, and in the third debate Romney failed to go for the kill.

What misinformation? Candy Crawley corrected Mitt Romney about what Barack Obama said.

what list is that?

The one where he said the rich would pay more while you pay less? bawahaha you were a sucker to believe that.

Or the one where he promised that the economy would grow by 4% a year? another whopper out of the park lie...our economy is the worst it has been in 70 years.

or the one where he promises to not cut social security or medicare? While you were looking the other way, he did just that...his latest budget guts medicare.

How about when he promised to be the voice of the American worker? Remember that? he hasn't been...he has stripped worker protections including overtime laws, safety rules and wages theft...

He promised anyone who wanted a Covid test could get one...and that is not true

I will hire only the best people....good one...how many have been charged with crimes and fired? Isn't it Rick Perry that is being accused of corruption?

What about the coal industry jobs that he promised to bring back? they continue to lose jobs..

Remember the wall? he promised that Mexico will pay for it, but so far, not even 5% is built and we have paid over 11 billion .....and to boot...the danger came from Canada...the ricin came from a woman from Quebec...

Didn't he promise to lock Hillary Clinton up? hmm what happened to that?

Didn't he also promise to fix the opioid Crisis? more Americans die from opioid related overdose than car accidents...dismal

Oh and where are those term limits for Congress again?

Didn't he say that he would balance the budget in the first year? Some balanced budget...it has yet to even come close and is more out of control than under Bush.

Didn't he promise to get rid of the deficit? He added nearly 8 trillion and most of that is not from the pandemic...

I could go on, but you get the idea...some winning there.
To individually answer all of those points, I would run well over the character limit and end up with at least a part 2 and part 3. As you have included half truths and utter rubbish in many of them, I am not sure you are worth the time and effort. I'll address a few. and hope to stay within the forum character limit:

"How about when he promised to be the voice of the American worker? Remember that? he hasn't been...he has stripped worker protections including overtime laws, safety rules and wages theft..."

Utter rubbish. He absolutely has been the voice of the American worker. He has brought back many manufacturing jobs from overseas and has prevented many from going overseas. He also convinced the Tennessee Valley Authority to change their minds on hiring foreign workers at lower wages to replace existing workers and for those existing workers to train them before the layoffs take effect.

"Remember the wall? he promised that Mexico will pay for it, but so far, not even 5% is built and we have paid over 11 billion .....and to boot...the danger came from Canada...the ricin came from a woman from Quebec..."

More rubbish. Trump never suggested that Mexico would write out a check for the cost of the wall. he accurately said they would pay for it and in the long run they are by way of fees and other costs based on the new trade agreement. And as for threats, you are attempting to distract with the Ricin story. The threat that the wall is intended for involves millions of undocumented and illegal immigrants pouring over our southern borders overwhelming our law enforcement and social services, etc, not to mention the drug trafficking, human trafficking, and MS 13 gang members. And roughly 200 miles of the wall has been built and rest is well in progress.

"Oh and where are those term limits for Congress again?"

Are you for real? Do you think that the president can snap his fingers and get that done? A move for term limits would have to start in congress, then if approved and signed by the president would have to go through the constitutional amendment process which would take years. I am all for congressional term limits, however it has been tried before and the swamp rats in congress will not push it or willingly support it. It would likely take millions of private citizens marching on Washington DC to even get it out of congress.

Trump has 3 years of lies, ramblings, mispronounciations, unable to complete sentences and his administration has been a growing dumpster fire. And he poseses every menial debasing dispicable moral trait that I would counsel my grandchildren to avoid like the plauge while possesing absolutely NO redeaming qualites whatever. Everyday is a new rake handle in the face for Trump.

Biden has 47 years of public service experince that progressed with ever increasing responsibity and is known for his ablity and desire to bring people together for the good of the Nation. (compared to Trumps (0) ZERO - even as president he's only been self serving)

For every gaff or moment of confusion you can claim about Joe Biden there are 10's even 100's of Trump. Calling Joe out for his "cognitive decline" is a losing issue for Trump and he knows it, as evidenced that he hardly goes there anymore except on his toady loaded, COVID incubating rallies where he can and does get away with saying anything no matter how false or ridiculous.

IF Trump gets hard questions it's because of his history of lies that need clarified, Biden on the other hand will be asked how he plans to heal and reunite the Nation. (I hope) Should be an easy win for Biden.

Frankly I agree with Nancy Pelosi, debating Trump only brings Trump up from the gutter; Joe shouldn't stoop to dignifying the louse by debating him.
Sorry, but your post is so loaded with TDS motivated nonsense that I cannot take it seriously. Clean that up and I would be delighted to address actual points.

I still wouldn’t put it past Biden to get out of the debate by claiming he’s been exposed to the coronavirus.

Tweety supporters will declare Tweety the winner. the rest will vote against Tweety, except for those who can't be bothered to vote.

Sorry, but your post is so loaded with TDS motivated nonsense that I cannot take it seriously. Clean that up and I would be delighted to address actual points.

You're Trump Devotion Sickness has you so blinded "we" have nothing to discuss; my reply was a rebuttle of your nonsense, not an opening for discussion.

When I say that someone is "showing their age" I am referring to the fact that he has lost a few steps. I didn't find that Trump had command of any issues when I watched his 2016 debates. He can be very entertaining, but his policy positions were as shallow as a puddle. I didn't get the impression he had any idea what he was talking about for the most part.

Then your partisanship quite obviously clouded your claim of any objectivity. The truth is that while Trump is a bit rough around the edges as he is not a career politician, he clearly displayed a command of the issues in all three debates. As for his policy positions, he successfully convinced enough working class Americans that unlike the average establishment politician, he would follow through on those positions. He was very convincing. Thats why I voted for him and that's why working class Americans in those so-called blue firewall states came out in large numbers and voted for him. And he has largely followed through on those policy positions.

Tweety supporters will declare Tweety the winner. the rest will vote against Tweety, except for those who can't be bothered to vote.
Four more years! Four More years! USA! USA!

1601051897625.jpeg

Tweety objects to you using his name in reference to Trump.

That said, Joe could easily sink his whole campaign in the first 15 minutes. Trump has no such risk.

This is an important point.

Many people are choosing Biden based on what they don’t know.

Whereas everything about Trump is right out there on the table.

That’s not true. They’re choosing Biden on the basis of what they think they know about Trump.

Absolutely correct: this election will be a referendum on the last three and a half years of his failed "leadership". There is no need for Biden to get specific with what he intends to do; its really not going to be about him, its going to be about the current president. And if I am Biden, I would definitely consider not doing the debate at all. His lead is commanding right now. No need to rock the boat.

Back
Top Bottom