• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who will win the first debate?

Who wins the first debate?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 33 33.0%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 45 45.0%
  • Tie

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trick question, they'll both underperform

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • Chris Wallace

Votes: 14 14.0%

• Total voters
I think Trump will absolutely destroy Biden. But, I also think that the spin from the media will be how "poised" Biden was and how he held is own because he didn't stutter or say "look" as often as expected.

<- Not a fan of either

The media said nothing about Joe Biden having a stutter in 2008 and 2012, I just learned about it this year while watching the Democratic debates. Now that I do know about it, I am concerned Donald Trump will jump at the chance to declare he is not fit to be president because of his struggle to speak fluently.

I also firmly believe that if there really are voters that havn't decided by now (funny concept) and watch with intent that they will be shocked at how well Trump actually speaks because all they see are snippets on the news that are out of context or edited. Again, not a fan but Trump hasn't been given a fair shake.
You don’t have to be a fan to give a fair shake.

You make a good point. Those on either side of the aisle will have already made up their minds as to the winner. Those rose colored glasses are glued to their heads. So the independents/undecided will decide the winner of the debate. If Wallace shows favoritism towards Biden it most likely will sway them towards Trump.

You lacked objectivity. Trump actually did fairly well in the debates against Hillary. Did he ramble on at times? Sure....so did Hillary. However Trump had a good command on the issues. That's where he won me over. he also showed that he was not intimidated by the political establishment or the media. And you are being soft on Joe. Biden's problem is not his age...it's his cognitive decline. Even with a teleprompter, he cannot keep up.
When I say that someone is "showing their age" I am referring to the fact that he has lost a few steps. I didn't find that Trump had command of any issues when I watched his 2016 debates. He can be very entertaining, but his policy positions were as shallow as a puddle. I didn't get the impression he had any idea what he was talking about for the most part.

Based on how they are currently doing, Joe Biden will probably be able to win on substance, and Donald Trump will be able to win on performance. Which means Donald Trump will win, because performance is the only thing that matters in a televised political debate.

tRUMP according to his supporters.
Biden according to his supporters.
Tie from all others.

Trump, by a thousand miles. If Biden even shows up it will be a miracle.
I have Biden debate as a VP, and I thought he seemed very smart

I guess that depends.

Will Biden get to use a teleprompter or have an earpiece for a coach?

If not, then IMO I don't think he will do that well. ;)

One thing is for sure, no matter how well Biden performs, we can count on Trump's core supporters promoting lunatic conspiracy theories about it.

Itś hard for a president to win a debate or election if the economy is bad, add on that he hasn't done the best job containing the virus and I think he'll be in trouble.

The Trump virus will go down in history as an American Tragedy and Trump's name will be all over it. The secret vote this time will be republicans and past Trumpers casting for a democrat. They want to wear masks and rid this country of COVID. It's not a democrat thing.

I don't know who'll win, but I sure hope we get to hear about Cornpop and lying pony soldiers. While Trump paces in the backround. :giggle::)

Trump supporters believe Trump to be a great orator and a master debater. Expectations are high for Trump, he has to knock it out of the park for a victory.

The expectations for Joe Biden are so low that if he doesn't trip and fall on his face, he wins.

When you make fun of someone for being senile, it comes with a price.
Nobody claims Trump is a great orator. Hes not. And I remember thinking that Paul Ryan was going to mop the floor with Biden in 2012. The opposite happened. The truth is, Biden is not sharp and out of practice making his risk of failure high. But then again, underestimating him could be as wrong as it was in 2012. Plus the baar is low for him. All he has to do to declare victory is not have a senior moment and land a couple rehearsed one liners. Either way, the media will declare Biden the winner no matter what.

Chris. Hands down. He can’t wait until all the accolades come in about what a great job he did.
Yeah, what an ego!
It will be interesting to see if he can hide his anti-Trumpism.

Biden will answer the questions. Trump will tell us how smart and wonderful he thinks he is.

Trump: in 2016: "I don't pay taxes because I'm smart."

Nope. He just does not want to pay taxes on anything.

We will hear him say a lot more crap like this next week.

Those of us who aren't voting for either.
Don't bother posting then. This is the most important election in your lifetime and throwing away your vote means you don't care. You probably should never vote again. It's also possible that none of us will get another chance to vote in a fair election again either.

Last edited:
One thing is for sure, no matter how well Biden performs, we can count on Trump's core supporters promoting lunatic conspiracy theories about it.

Why is it Trumpism and lunatic are synonymous?

Don't bother posting then. This is the most important election in your lifetime and throwing away your vote means you don't care. You probably should never vote again.

Spare me the "throwing away your vote" stuff. I'm sick of only have two crappy choices.

And people say every election is the most important in our lifetime. It can't be every one.

Spare me the "throwing away your vote" stuff. I'm sick of only have two crappy choices.

And people say every election is the most important in our lifetime. It can't be every one.
I'll put it another way. It is possible that you will never get another chance to vote in a fair election again if Trump wins. Do you want to be partly responsible for that? Do yourself a favor and vote for Biden...then at least you are covered.

I'll put it another way. It is possible that you will never get another chance to vote in a fair election again if Trump wins. Do you want to be partly responsible for that?

I don't entertain Chicken Little comments.

Good chance Biden will ramble incoherently at times, but if he's on point, don't underestimate him. Trump will bloviate, interrupt, and talk over Biden and the moderator. He will say "wrong" at least 50 times. I hope Biden doesn't try to kiss anybody, although it might be good for the country if he gave Trump a big ol' smacker on the lips.

Sounds very partisan of you. Like it or not, Trump has an impressive list of accomplishments to run on. Biden has been in politics for 47 years and has very little to show for it....not to mention he is in serious cognitive decline.
what list is that?

The one where he said the rich would pay more while you pay less? bawahaha you were a sucker to believe that.

Or the one where he promised that the economy would grow by 4% a year? another whopper out of the park lie...our economy is the worst it has been in 70 years.

or the one where he promises to not cut social security or medicare? While you were looking the other way, he did just that...his latest budget guts medicare.

How about when he promised to be the voice of the American worker? Remember that? he hasn't been...he has stripped worker protections including overtime laws, safety rules and wages theft...

He promised anyone who wanted a Covid test could get one...and that is not true

I will hire only the best people....good one...how many have been charged with crimes and fired? Isn't it Rick Perry that is being accused of corruption?

What about the coal industry jobs that he promised to bring back? they continue to lose jobs..

Remember the wall? he promised that Mexico will pay for it, but so far, not even 5% is built and we have paid over 11 billion .....and to boot...the danger came from Canada...the ricin came from a woman from Quebec...

Didn't he promise to lock Hillary Clinton up? hmm what happened to that?

Didn't he also promise to fix the opioid Crisis? more Americans die from opioid related overdose than car accidents...dismal

Oh and where are those term limits for Congress again?

Didn't he say that he would balance the budget in the first year? Some balanced budget...it has yet to even come close and is more out of control than under Bush.

Didn't he promise to get rid of the deficit? He added nearly 8 trillion and most of that is not from the pandemic...

I could go on, but you get the idea...some winning there.

Trump: in 2016: "I don't pay taxes because I'm smart."

Nope. He just does not want to pay taxes on anything.

We will hear him say a lot more crap like this next week.

You left out context. He's smart because he utilizes the laws put in place by congress he can use to his advantage.

Why are anti-Trumpers so dishonest?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom