• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who will Trump pick as his running mate

There has been a good bit of "He can't do that"... yet he has, and still remains up there in the polling. I would not rule it out, as political "credibility" seems to be the last thing Trump is concerned about.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Cruz

OS, what is the story with Cruz and Canada? Have you heard or read anything about that?

Don't you even remember that Palin was McCain's dream date ???

You mean she was the reason not to vote for McCain and left the Presidency a dream for him?

Here are my predictions, based on rigorous analysis of Trump's campaign strategy, as to Trump's choice for VP in order of preference. . .

1) Ted Nugent
2) Tom Tancredo
3) Pat Robertson
4) Sarah Palin
5) Roma Downey
6) Rush Limbaugh

Is this thread a serious discussion or were you trying to bait with this? Everyone knows he wouldn't select a single person on that list.

The problem w/cruz is that he was born in Canada and his father was Cuban. So in the eyes of right wing voters, he could be a liability.

Falsely trying to paint all right wingers as birther-tards I see.

Yes, I decided that Cruz is a "natural born citizen" (using his mom's status) thus the onus was on Democrats to all of a sudden become "birthers" depending upon Cruz's success.

I think the democrats playing the birther card are trying to falsely label all conservatives as birther-tards and claim they are hypocrites for supporting Cruz.

Oprah would be a great choice since this is strictly a fantasy thread. ;)

Hmmmmmm.....

I think I'll go out on a limb here and say that he just might pick Hillary as his running mate, if he is not a fraud and is truly serious about running for president.

emphasis on the double entendre of running mate.

Down his thigh that is.

I think the democrats playing the birther card are trying to falsely label all conservatives as birther-tards and claim they are hypocrites for supporting Cruz.

It is a disaster in the making honestly.

Because there was so much flak with Obama and the "birther" nonsense, which ironically Trump was on board with, we set up a potential new birther movement with Cruz obtaining the Republican nod (or VP pick, or whatever.) I do not think that Republicans that were also birthers knew the mess they were setting up.

Her political capital is gone. About all she speaks to now is the far right crowd that on paper you would think complements Trump, but honestly she causes more problems than solutions. The moment her name is mentioned all the focus goes to the 2008 fiasco.

Is this thread a serious discussion or were you trying to bait with this? Everyone knows he wouldn't select a single person on that list.

did you really have to ask?

just another in a long line of bait threads

they are trying anything they can to feel better amongst themselves

:lamo

Trump and Pallin should be the ultimate cocktail of stupidity. Perhaps stagnation would do good to a developed country, would give a chance to competition.

He'll choose Cruz. He won't choose Rubio. The others are just stupid and Trump is not stupid. Get over it Trump haters, he's going to be the republican candidate.

It is a disaster in the making honestly.

Because there was so much flak with Obama and the "birther" nonsense, which ironically Trump was on board with, we set up a potential new birther movement with Cruz obtaining the Republican nod (or VP pick, or whatever.) I do not think that Republicans that were also birthers knew the mess they were setting up.

The flak was with the fringe element, not most republicans.Which is why FOX news didn't jump on the birther-tard bandwagon. Trump is a birther but he voted for Obama too.So either he was lying about being a birther because he figured that would get him votes or he is really stupid and some birther-tard was able to convince him that Obama wasn't born in the US. Either way no one is voting for Trump because he came out as a birther-tard. Cruz winning the nomination or being picked as someone's VP won't be an issue to conservatives.It will be an issue to lib-tards who are trying to paint anyone who votes republican as a birther.

He'll choose Cruz. He won't choose Rubio. The others are just stupid and Trump is not stupid. Get over it Trump haters, he's going to be the republican candidate.

:lamo

The flak was with the fringe element, not most republicans.Which is why FOX news didn't jump on the birther-tard bandwagon. Trump is a birther but he voted for Obama too.So either he was lying about being a birther because he figured that would get him votes or he is really stupid and some birther-tard was able to convince him that Obama wasn't born in the US. Either way no one is voting for Trump because he came out as a birther-tard. Cruz winning the nomination or being picked as someone's VP won't be an issue to conservatives.It will be an issue to lib-tards who are trying to paint anyone who votes republican as a birther.

Fair points, but one possible counter is Trump voting Democrat is because he got something from them. Trump may be an arrogant narcissistic racist asshole, but he is not stupid and it makes perfect sense for Trump to buy a politician to obtain some business result. Sure, Trump has had plenty of business failures but he still has a net worth in the 10 figure range and you do not get to that point by total accident and trust funds.

Problem is Trump's support is carrying quite a momentum into the primary season with so many other GOP hopefuls doing all they can to garner support. It makes sense for Trump to continue that political outsider and "I cannot be bought" thus financing his own campaign mantra by going with a VP choice that is also an outsider.

Trump being a birther he can weather within the party, in a general election context that may not be the case. Question then becomes if Cruz mounts enough GOP support to cause a brokered convention deal, putting the fringe left in a position of throwing down the same birther card.

No matter who wins the GOP nod, it should be both sad but entertaining to watch.

Back
Top Bottom