• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who Will Look More Ridiculous?

Who will look more ridiculous?

• Total voters

ChezC3

Relentless Thinking Fury
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Putin played Obama & Co. like a fiddle. They can't very well sit there with a comical look and an awe shucks, they have to try to save face...

So, when trying to take credit for what Putin did, who will look more ridiculous?

Last edited:
Because there are gradations? Not a bit of it.

Putin didn't score any points. He's as self-absorbed as the Second Coming in the White House. What he has done is to extricate himself from his own initial bravado, with greater foresight than Obama. Make no mistake, Pukin' just genuflected on the world stage.

Putin played Obama & Co. like a fiddle. They can't very well sit there with a comical look and an awe shucks, they have to try to save face...

So, when trying to take credit for what Putin did, who will look more ridiculous?

I have a military mindset in that I blame the person in charge, regardless of who actually screwed something up. The NSA scandals, Benghazi, Syria, etc. All of these things happened in his organization under his watch, and because of that I place the blame squarely on his shoulders.

A good leader takes responsibility for his organization, so yes, Kerry will look like a jackass (as usual), but ultimately Obama was his superior officer who blessed off the decision.

Did you catch the prez's speech last night? OMG, what a joke. Calling for a pause on a vote in Congress, when the votes aren't even there? Really? As far as your poll goes.... my vote goes to Obama but that jackhammer Kerry proved himself just as much the idiot this past week. Can I vote twice?

Will Assad be more compliant than Hussein was?

Did you catch the prez's speech last night? OMG, what a joke. Calling for a pause on a vote in Congress, when the votes aren't even there? Really? As far as your poll goes.... my vote goes to Obama but that jackhammer Kerry proved himself just as much the idiot this past week. Can I vote twice?

I did not, but Peg Noonan basically summed it up in a nutshell earlier in the day. From what I have heard of it, she nailed it.

I have a military mindset in that I blame the person in charge, regardless of who actually screwed something up. The NSA scandals, Benghazi, Syria, etc. All of these things happened in his organization under his watch, and because of that I place the blame squarely on his shoulders.

A good leader takes responsibility for his organization, so yes, Kerry will look like a jackass (as usual), but ultimately Obama was his superior officer who blessed off the decision.

As Kerry is considered a jackass amongst his own, it really does only fall on the other one's shoulders...

"The buck stops with me" BHO

You forgot to include yourself as an option. As this poll is nothing more than an Obama hater's glad handing pep rally.

Obama had painted himself in a corner. The diplomatic developments were his only way out. And he saved face rather nicely. This was the only way Obama and Putin stood a chance to both back down and save face at the same time.
By the time people realize that Syria will not comply, the spotlight will be off of the matter and we can get past this distraction and focus on bigger issues such as Iran, our debt, and the 45,000 Americans who die every year due to lack of proper medical care.

Last edited:

Are there degrees of ridiculosity?

:spin: Obama saved face rather nicely? Are you a writer for Bill Maher?

You forgot to include yourself as an option. As this poll is nothing more than a Obama hater's glad handing pep rally.

Obama had painted himself in a corner. The diplomatic developments were his only way out. And he saved face rather nicely. This was the only way Obama and Putin stood a chance to both back down and save face at the same time.
By the time people realize that Syria will not comply, the spotlight will be off of the matter and we can get past this distraction and focus on bigger issues such as Iran, our debt, and the 45,000 Americans who die every year due to lack of proper medical care.

Impossible to please some people.
Or is it just that saying the name 'Obama' is like tapping that spot on the knee with a little rubber hammer.

:spin: Obama saved face rather nicely? Are you a writer for Bill Maher?

Seriously?

What other options did he have?

Press for an attack that the American people will not stand for. Get denied. Look like a fool AND a BUSH#2

or

Not press for an attack, and look like a fool.

or

Attack anyways and play into the Right Wing's hands.

Any of these 3 options would have placed the Affordable Care Act in Jeopardy by way of getting hammered in 2014.
Obama has found the one and only option to save face and save 2014.
Maybe for an Obama hater, it was meaningless. But for his base and just over half the Nation, he managed to save the day.

Seriously?

What other options did he have?

Press for an attack that the American people will not stand for. Get denied. Look like a fool AND a BUSH#2

or

Not press for an attack, and look like a fool.

or

Attack anyways and play into the Right Wing's hands.

Any of these 3 options would have placed the Affordable Care Act in Jeopardy by way of getting hammered in 2014.
Obama has found the one and only option to save face and save 2014.
Maybe for an Obama hater, it was meaningless. But for his base and just over half the Nation, he managed to save the day.

Nice try, but just more bull**** spin.

1. Bush #2 went to congress twice to get approval for military action and both times the persuasion of his character and his strength of purpose ruled the day and congress approved both times - don't dare compare the milquetoast, unprincipled, talking bag of gas Obama with a man of character.

2. Obama tripped into a pile of crap of his own making and then didn't even have the balls to own up to it and tried to blame it on others.

3. Kerry, looking tired from travel the rigors of diplomacy, answered a serious question with a foolish answer before his brain got in gear and thus dumped both he and Obama into another pile of crap and you see that as a face saving brilliant move. Just what level of sycophantic delusion is necessary to exist in that alternate reality?

4. Obama is an idiot, and a dangerous one at that, because he doesn't know he's an idiot and everyone else does.

Nice try, but just more bull**** spin.

1. Bush #2 went to congress twice to get approval for military action and both times the persuasion of his character and his strength of purpose ruled the day and congress approved both times - don't dare compare the milquetoast, unprincipled, talking bag of gas Obama with a man of character.

2. Obama tripped into a pile of crap of his own making and then didn't even have the balls to own up to it and tried to blame it on others.

3. Kerry, looking tired from travel the rigors of diplomacy, answered a serious question with a foolish answer before his brain got in gear and thus dumped both he and Obama into another pile of crap and you see that as a face saving brilliant move. Just what level of sycophantic delusion is necessary to exist in that alternate reality?

4. Obama is an idiot, and a dangerous one at that, because he doesn't know he's an idiot and everyone else does.

Oh I agree Obama is an idiot. He has made countless miscalculations, that to me were obvious and easy.
Getting himself out of the mess he created for himself, however, was nothing short of genius.
The fact that you would use Bush's lies as something to point to as a positive and then call him a "man of character", means this conversation is OVER.

Kerry, nothing seems to stick to Obama, ever.

Will Assad be more compliant than Hussein was?

I was Charlie Rose's interview with Assad. Talk about the banality of evil. I think he's sane, just has been seduced by power. I think he's going to come to the conclusion that's best for him, that keeps him alive, with or without his weapons.

So where was your outrage when Bush 2 let diplomates die his scorecard is way higher than Obama. Military mind set my patutity

The idea of disarming Assad has been on the table the whole time, but never got any traction until now. What changed?

This certainly looks like carrot-and-stick diplomacy, emphasis on the stick. While we in the US scoff at the ineffectiveness of strikes, apparently over there they are much more afraid of it than we thought. If that's the case, and if this plan works, then you must acknowledge that the bellicose statements of Kerry and the White House and the positioning of our ships in the region had their effects on Assad.

What I don't understand, though, is why they chose now to resurrect the idea, when from all appearances the vote in Congress would have prevented military action. I can only guess that Russia and Syria don't believe that Congress could change the President's mind.

So where was your outrage when Bush 2 let diplomates die his scorecard is way higher than Obama. Military mind set my patutity

Both of those incidence occurred in cars, 2 years apart, and they weren't on U.S. embassy soil. There's no outrage since they weren't killed in an embassy in which they knew was vulnerable, in which the ambassador requested multiple times for security and was ignored. You do understand no two incidents could be the same, and that maybe the criticism Obama is getting for Bengazi may be legitimate? Especially since the NY Times seems to have found at least one of the terrorists involved yet the DOJ cannot and has not arrested or found anyone for an entire year.

If I had outrage it was 5 years ago. Your partisanship is only beaten by your lack of historical context and knowledge.

His speech was comical last night.

One would have thought Congress was beating the drums for war and Pres. Obama was desperately finding alternatives.

Ultimately, no one is going to look ridiculous though. He and his administration have said repeatedly "this isn't a delaying tactic" but it's a delaying tactic. He kicked the can down the road knowing Assad isn't going to comply but his very loyal media isn't going to make any noise either. Ironically, following through with this proposal would require substantial boots on the ground but it's not happening anyway.

I'm sorry, do you know me? Do you know my voting record or my stance on previous presidents?

Jesus christ, what a snobby, straw man of an argument.

The idea of disarming Assad has been on the table the whole time, but never got any traction until now. What changed?

This certainly looks like carrot-and-stick diplomacy, emphasis on the stick. While we in the US scoff at the ineffectiveness of strikes, apparently over there they are much more afraid of it than we thought. If that's the case, and if this plan works, then you must acknowledge that the bellicose statements of Kerry and the White House and the positioning of our ships in the region had their effects on Assad.

What I don't understand, though, is why they chose now to resurrect the idea, when from all appearances the vote in Congress would have prevented military action. I can only guess that Russia and Syria don't believe that Congress could change the President's mind.

Oh, c'mon!

I see it says "Liberal" on your profile but you can't possibly be under the impression Pres. Obama was getting anywhere in his push to attack Syria or Assad was so scared he agreed to turn chemical weapons over to the international community. That's just too ridiculous to believe.

Back
Top Bottom