• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who will join me in donating to this website?

aps

Passionate
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
A donation of $25 gives you gold status here. Who wouldn't want that kind of status at such a cheap price? ;)

A donation of $25 gives you gold status here. Who wouldn't want that kind of status at such a cheap price? ;)
Thanks aps! I have a donation to DP scheduled for the first quarter of 2007 :mrgreen:

Folks, the financial cost of running and upgrading this very large and complicated website is substantial. Please understand that Debate Politics is a not-for-profit endeavor, and that all donations are invested into making sure that DP is available to you 24/7 with cutting-edge forum bells and whistles. The entire staff of Debate Politics voluntarily contribute their time, energy, and talent to make your experience here as pleasant and rewarding as possible.

In various ways, I believe all of us extract invaluable insights of people, places, and ideas from our association with Debate Politics. The way I see it, every member donation to DP yields an extremely high community return on dividend. In closing, my sincere thanks and deep gratitude to all 2007 Debate Politics Donators!

Tashah :2wave:

:2bump: We need to make this a sticky in all the forums.

Personally, I think silver is a better investment, but either way ...

Hey! It sure was nice to see the ads go away!

What the hell, I just had a nice Christmas and this break has reminded me how much I like this place. I'll start the new year off right and donate a bit, how about the rest of y'all?

Hey, didn't realize you could donate more than once. Guess I'll throw something in the pot, tommorow.

Multiple donations are a hassle!

Multiple donations are a hassle!

There is a vbulletin addon that allows one to input a donation amount instead of selecting a fixed value.

Currently, it would not register on our cost v donations page because of the way it is coded. Hopefully, that will be resolved soon and we can allow folks input their own donation level.

Are donations still set to debit automatically, after some time period? If so, what are the terms?

Are donations still set to debit automatically, after some time period? If so, what are the terms?

Single donation event - they do not reoccur after expiration.
You will recieve a reminder before time expires in case you would like to redonate.

There are different levels of donations: silver, gold, and platinum.

A table has been setup to show the differences - click on the paypal button at the top. :)

I am not sure how to do that?

I have only used my paypal to bid on Ebay, and I've only done this a few times. I was still nervous about doing it.

How do you know it goes where it is suppose to go and that the information won't get into the wrong hands.

Hell I'm not to liked on here :lol: and it doesnt matter to me other than the fact ......someone might use my information in the wrong way. :rofl I love this site and want to help, I know a lot of time and enegry goes into making it fair and balanced and maintained so well. I really do appreciate it. :)

Who gets the funds?

Could someone explain, I am confused?

What do you donate for all the different categories.......

I have only used my paypal to bid on Ebay, and I've only done this a few times. I was still nervous about doing it.
There is no pressure - you are not required to donate by any means. However, we do need donations in order to pay our bills. If you are nervous, that is understandable. That is why we use paypal instead of some of the other online systems. Other "shopping cart" systems sometimes send credit card numbers and personal info. Which is against our privacy statement. Paypal keeps your info private.

How do you know it goes where it is suppose to go and that the information won't get into the wrong hands.
alan.howell {at} debatepolitics.com is the person it goes to. Paypal only sends me your email address you used and your real name if that is what you signed up with paypal. That information is kept private and it will never be used.

Hell I'm not to liked on here :lol: and it doesnt matter to me other than the fact ......someone might use my information in the wrong way. :rofl I love this site and want to help, I know a lot of time and enegry goes into making it fair and balanced and maintained so well. I really do appreciate it. :)
Your welcome. :)
I am not sure you have as many enemies as you think. To the folks that you call enemies you help keep it interesting for them. We are a discuss and debate forum - not an agreement forum. Opposition can often drive thread to places they might not go otherwise.

Who gets the funds?
I do. I pay the bills. Click on the "costs" button under the paypal above to see the most recent donations for the current month and current level. It is calculated automatically. If it is in the green - please consider waiting for next month.

Click on the paypal button at the top. There is a table that explains what the levels are. Near the order buttons at the bottom are the current levels and amounts for donating.

I first used PayPal only on eBay, but I now use it in a variety of places and my overall experience shows there is nothing dangerous about using it here.

I am so happy to see such positive responses! Yippee! :thanks:

I am not sure how to do that?

Who gets the funds?

If you would prefer not to use paypal, you can still use a Visa or Mastercard. That is what I did.

Back
Top Bottom