• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who Will Donald Trump Pick as His VP

imyoda

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Who Will Donald Trump Pick as His VP? - NBC News

“A man who's famous for firing people on TV is now preparing to make the most important hire of his career. Donald Trump's campaign is working to narrow down its list of possible vice presidential candidates, weighing the strengths and weaknesses of a shortlist of potential picks.

Trump, who has no military or government experience, is said to seek a second-in-command with the policy and political experience to navigate a law-making system that remains largely opaque to the real estate mogul. And Trump's uniquely bombastic demeanor means that he faces a unique challenge in arranging a political marriage that also won't exacerbate an already fractured Republican Party……..

The real problem Trump has is finding someone who will say yes………….
And risk the end of his political career when Trump goes down blazing…..

Not only that, everyday more prominent Republicans say they will be voting for HRC and/or not attending the Convention…….Or ducking questions if Trump is qualified to be President…….

It has gotten so bad that delegates to the convention are promising not to attend ………..

I think the clown has been found out…

At this point it really does not matter as nobody can save him or the Republican party. They all brought this on themselves and now Trump serves as the enema to purge the GOP of the infection of right wing libertarians and tea party know nothings that have attempted to take it over and have partially succeeded.

The GOP contracted an ugly and painful disease and now its going to have to work its course before it can be cured.

Oh, I absolutely know who Trump will pick. I'm not telling. :nahnah:

“A man who's famous for firing people on TV is now preparing to make the most important hire of his career. Donald Trump's campaign is working to narrow down its list of possible vice presidential candidates, weighing the strengths and weaknesses of a shortlist of potential picks.

Trump, who has no military or government experience, is said to seek a second-in-command with the policy and political experience to navigate a law-making system that remains largely opaque to the real estate mogul. And Trump's uniquely bombastic demeanor means that he faces a unique challenge in arranging a political marriage that also won't exacerbate an already fractured Republican Party……..

Not only that, everyday more prominent Republicans say they will be voting for HRC and/or not attending the Convention…….Or ducking questions if Trump is qualified to be President…….

It has gotten so bad that delegates to the convention are promising not to attend ………..

Don't fall for Political Correctness, Donald! Pick Kanye!

Me me me me me!!!
No, seriously, he will have to bow down before it comes to that and make room for an actual candidate.

Why doesn't he make a special edition of The Apprentice to choose his running mate? Seems obvious. Or he could choose Boris Johnson, who I believe is qualified (sorta), was born in the same city as Donnie (although Johnson was born in the Upper East Side of Manhattan, Donnie in Queens), and still holds a US passport. Take him, please, be our guests.

Last edited:
Why doesn't he make a special edition of The Apprentice to choose his running mate? Seems obvious. Or he could choose Boris Johnson, who I believe is qualified (sorta), was born in the same city as Donnie (although Johnson was born in the Upper East Side of Manhattan, Donnie in Queens), and still holds a US passport. Take him, please, be our guests.

Cant, Lord Sugar has the rights to the program, and no way in hell will he allow it.. he absolutely hates Trump.

Only someone who has no real political future or is a moron would accept the VP nomination.

Cant, Lord Sugar has the rights to the program, and no way in hell will he allow it.. he absolutely hates Trump.

The program rights are owned by Mark Burnett. Lord Sugar is just a stuffed shirt, camera fodder. He's irrelevant... and not for the first time.

BTW, did you notice, NBC/Mark Burnett have told Donnie, "You're fired"?

The program rights are owned by Mark Burnett. Lord Sugar is just a stuffed shirt, camera fodder. He's irrelevant... and not for the first time.

BTW, did you notice, NBC/Mark Burnett have told Donnie, "You're fired"?

Hmm thought it was Lord Sugars company that owned it.

I think Donald should choose The Rock as his VP. That'll be pretty interesting to see.

The Donald called me............but I declined

I agree, THAT is the real problem. I think he has politically ostracized himself enough that even people who endorsed him, like Chris Christie, wouldn't accept the offer at this point. Trump says he would want a political insider but that is just the kind of person who will avoid Trump at this point. I just don't see a person who wants a career in politics joining his ticket. Maybe someone at the end of their career who just doesn't give a damn anymore? Maybe someone who isn't a politician and will view this as an opportunity to sell books or get a radio show after the election?

I agree, THAT is the real problem. I think he has politically ostracized himself enough that even people who endorsed him, like Chris Christie, wouldn't accept the offer at this point. Trump says he would want a political insider but that is just the kind of person who will avoid Trump at this point. I just don't see a person who wants a career in politics joining his ticket. Maybe someone at the end of their career who just doesn't give a damn anymore? Maybe someone who isn't a politician and will view this as an opportunity to sell books or get a radio show after the election?

So Sarah Palin it is

I know Boehner will refuse....perhaps an Oompa Loompa is available.....it is about time Orange-Americans are fully represented.

At this point it really does not matter as nobody can save him or the Republican party. They all brought this on themselves and now Trump serves as the enema to purge the GOP of the infection of right wing libertarians and tea party know nothings that have attempted to take it over and have partially succeeded.

The GOP contracted an ugly and painful disease and now its going to have to work its course before it can be cured.

winner-winner-400x400.gif

I think it will be a life-sized cutout of himself. Really, folks...who loves 'The Donald' more than 'The Donald'?

donald-trump-236.jpg

What would be really cool is if the Donald teamed up with Vince McMahon of the WWE to make the RNC an event similar to WrestleMania.

The event would include all sorts of plot twists, back stabbing, and broken alliances. And of course all of this would take place within an enormous production sphere complete with a massive PA system, giant screen TVs, over-the-top lighting, and blistering pyrotechnics. The world wide audience would be taken on a roller coaster of emotional highs and lows as their favorite candidates are built up and subsequently torn down in a way that only the WWE can pull off.

In the end the audience would be left mesmerized as the house lights dim and the spotlight focuses on a stage full of luminescent fog so thick you could shovel it. Then, suddenly, in a barrage of flash bombs one lone figure emerges from the fog..... OH MY GOD IT'S BERNIE SANDERS!!!

I know Boehner will refuse....perhaps an Oompa Loompa is available.....it is about time Orange-Americans are fully represented.

Can you have 2 Oompa Loompas on the ticket?

Last edited:
Tom Cotton or Chris Christie

Back
Top Bottom