• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who will cave on shutdown?

the politics of Border Security.....OBVIOUSLY!

And the politics of one side of the debate is motivated exclusively by Trump hate...OBVIOUSLY!

The more I think about this the more I think Trump could win on this. What does Trump have to lose by leaving the government shut down indefinitely? His base will think it shows strength. And I don’t think Trump understands or cares about the damage it would do, where as most people in Congress do.

It is like playing a game of chicken with a crazy person.

It is like playing chicken. What is the record of the longest government shutdown?

While I think it's pathetic that they are playing politics this way in DC, I really don't find myself caring about what either side is fighting for. Unless the shutdown starts to really impact me, then maybe I will feel differently. They are all acting like a bunch of idiots, and I think they should figure out something instead of constantly shutting down the government. This could get to be some kind of new normal if they aren't capable of making compromises and/or working together.

I feel like Trump is capable of screwing Americans over to get his way, just like he treated the Canadians and others. He plays the role of the bully and person unwilling to budge. It's unfortunate that he hasn't learned in all of his 70+ years to get what he wants without throwing fits, and making everybody suffer.

I prefer to think of this as a good marriage where the woman has the husband thinking that he rules the roost. Husband thinks he is in charge and is none the wiser.........I think Nancy can pull it off. Disclaimer: I am not a Pelosi fan, but you gotta work with what you have available.....

I agree that he will get something, and at some point, he has the power to stop the shut down. He can sign or not, and if he refuses and refuses to sign, then it looks worse and worse on him. That wouldn't surprise me though.

**** Trump! Any day he can’t play golf or piss off the people of Palm Beach is a good day! **** him!

1 down- 15 to go; petty? That’s right.

A friend of mine got locked in a National Park this morning. Interestingly the gate is locked for our protection Democrats shut down government so that we can remain unprotected. Park is safe though in the meantime. Ironic.....
9ec4340b9ccf84e5f472e13803e8c93c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Why did you post this??? This has nothing to do with the mechanisms of getting $15 Million to the Wall. Also if this was indeed the way to get $15 million to the government to build the border wall. Why then did right wing operative Brian Kolfage say this:
We have contacted the Trump Administration to secure a point of contact where all the funds will go upon completion. When we get this information secured, we will update. We have many very high level contacts already helping.”

Not only does your link not appear on the gofundmesite, but Kolfage never mentions it. He mentions dealing with Trump's swamp full of swampy people only. Like anyone in their right minds would trust Trump or Kolfage with other people's money.

What a joke! :lamo

And the politics of one side of the debate is motivated exclusively by Trump hate...OBVIOUSLY!

Now you are off on another tangent. Remember where you started. You were trying to turn a discussion of Politics into a discussion of Principle. you might want to pick your head up from the hole you are digging and take a look around because I am not sure even you know where you are going. I surely don't know.

Actually I do sort of know where you are going. You are desperate to make the point that negative opinions of Trump are driven by hate. Not sure you know what the word hate means frankly. But I must acknowledge that Trump may well be inflicting enough pain for some to hate him. That is probably a very small percentage of the people that hold a negative opinion of him though the implication of your comment is that hate of Trump is widespread. He might just get there one of these days. At this moment, I am not sure the people that would have cause could find a direct path to Trump from their pain. They are likely too busy dealing with their pain on a daily basis to connect the dots to Donald. Lucky for him.

Last edited:
Well, what was Trumps opinon about a shutdown before he was president???

Back
Top Bottom