• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who will be the new Speaker of the House?

Who will be the next Speaker of the House?

• Grijalva

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nadler

• Jeffries

• Cummings

• Gutierrez

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lutherf

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Will Pelosi hold on?

Will they pick a guy like Schiff?

Will they go with a hardcore Progressive like Grijalva?

Nadler?

Haleem Jeffries?

Luis Gutierrez?

Elijah Cummings?

Too early to tell. The Dem House veterans prefer Pelosi (and the past status-quo). The Dem House freshmen class prefer a fresh face.

Although I recognize Nancy's deep knowledge of House rules and protocol, I myself prefer someone younger and more dynamic.

Will Pelosi hold on?

Nadler?

Haleem Jeffries?

Luis Gutierrez?

Elijah Cummings?

Pelosi.

The Congressional Elites will keep their power.

If all that matters is money then you can bet it will be Pelosi.

Too early to tell. The Dem House veterans prefer Pelosi (and the past status-quo). The Dem House freshmen class prefer a fresh face.

Although I recognize Nancy's deep knowledge of House rules and protocol, I myself prefer someone younger and more dynamic.

Same. Will likely be Pelosi. Would prefer someone else to put a fresh face in charge, but I don't hate Pelosi. And anyone thinking that Pelosi has too much baggage and just brings on more attacks from the other side, it doesn't matter who's in charge. They will attack them all the same. That's just what happens.

And anyone thinking that the Dems are going to spli their votes and the republicans will be able to make a republican speaker of the house are crazy. Not gonna happen.

Elizabeth Bathory........ I mean Warren

It will almost certainly be Pelosi. It certainly should not be Pelosi. The D party has yet to wise up, they need fresh ideas and need people in power who are no so completely tied to the corruption of Washington.

I don't know, and I'm not going to posit a guess because with about two months worth of patience, I'll find out anyway and not knowing who it will be won't make a damn bit difference in my life between then and now, thus obviating my need to so much as speculate on who will become the new Speaker of the House.

Will Pelosi hold on?

Nadler?

Haleem Jeffries?

Luis Gutierrez?

Elijah Cummings?

Jefferies is the only one under 50. Fresh face that the Commies want and all.

I don't know, and I'm not going to posit a guess because with about two months worth of patience, I'll find out anyway and not knowing who it will be won't make a damn bit difference in my life between then and now, thus obviating my need to so much as speculate on who will become the new Speaker of the House.

Which brings up the obvious question: Why are you here?

Elizabeth Warren for speaker???
She's in the senate not the house.
I suggest you refresh your legislative knowledge.

If I had to bet I would say Pelosi. I would prefer someone that would more accurately represent where the energy is in the party but she's tough to bet against.

It will almost certainly be Pelosi. It certainly should not be Pelosi. The D party has yet to wise up, they need fresh ideas and need people in power who are no so completely tied to the corruption of Washington.

This.

Much as she needs to step down and be replaced, unfortunately Pelosi is probably too deeply entrenched and protected by her incumbency and friends, purchased (per all the big donor money she solicits, bundles and distributes) or otherwise, for what are still largely establishment leaning Dems to select someone who would actually be good for the job.

This.

Much as she needs to step down and be replaced, unfortunately Pelosi is probably too deeply entrenched and protected by her incumbency and friends, purchased (per all the big donor money she solicits, bundles and distributes) or otherwise, for what are still largely establishment leaning Dems to select someone who would actually be good for the job.

The reason the work in Washington has long been of such poor quality has to do with all of the second and third rate people in that town, with how little they care about getting better, and with how little they care about the work.

Will Pelosi hold on?

Nadler?

Haleem Jeffries?

Luis Gutierrez?

Elijah Cummings?

The liberal democrats are too wacky not to choose Pelosi.

Will Pelosi hold on?

Nadler?

Haleem Jeffries?

Luis Gutierrez?

Elijah Cummings?
I haven't the slightest idea.

The liberal democrats are too wacky not to choose Pelosi.
The progressives don't want her, she's too far right.

But they'll probably go along with it to beat the republicans.

Pelosi.

Because the Democrats are just dumb enough.

Not that he would do it but it might kill the fat man in the oval office.
45be0aa0b1e9fdd8b5a71528b9817217.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Wait! Wut! Wasn't someone just telling us that liberals embraced change and new experiences? And now you're saying the libs will retreat to status-quo?

Not that he would do it but it might kill the fat man in the oval office.
45be0aa0b1e9fdd8b5a71528b9817217.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
That has to be a joke, you can't elect anyone speaker of the house except a representative.

Edit:

Or can you.

Edit 2:

Well damn, maybe it IS possible.

Last edited:
Will Pelosi hold on?

Nadler?

Haleem Jeffries?

Luis Gutierrez?

Elijah Cummings?

Its going to be Steny Hoyer or Pelosi.

sort of tough given she's not in the House

you do understand that is a requirement to be the Speaker of the HOUSE?

Ditching the most effective leader the Dems have had in decades at this moment in history would be beyond idiotic. She can make it clear the next two years are her last hurrah and groom some responsible (not grandstanding) younger leadership over that period. But she’s the only one who can and should lead the caucus right now.

Ditching the most effective leader the Dems have had in decades at this moment in history would be beyond idiotic. She can make it clear the next two years are her last hurrah and groom some responsible (not grandstanding) younger leadership over that period. But she’s the only one who can and should lead the caucus right now.

Has any other democrat expressed interest in being the speaker of the house?

No

Back
Top Bottom