• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who Will Be Hillary Clinton's VP?

Who Will be Hillary Clintons VP Nominee?

• Total voters
My money is on Julian Castro.

Tim Kaine. Has a lot of everything you want from a VP candidate.

Tim Kaine. She is going to want to pull in as many independents and moderate republicans as possible. Many already wont vote for Trump so she will be looking to landslide with right leaning voters. She is going to go full moderate after Sanders is out of the way. Kaine brings in a military background and is moderate. More men will also vote for her with him as VP. Big picture.

Castro for the Latino vote.

Not the best choice (would probably be Kaine), but for that demographic, a helpful one.

I don't want to see Warren as VP, I hope to see her make the big run one day though.

Who will be Hillary Clinton's VP nominee?

According to the AP the shortlist is:
Elizabeth Warren
Tim Kaine
Julian Castro

Hillary Clinton's VP search moves into more intense phase

If Kaine is on the short list, I would guess he would be the one. From an important state, fair amount of gov't experience, and not associated with the Obama regime.

According to reports he can speak Spanish, so he can "habla espanol" with the audience the Dems have been pandering to for years.

It does leave a question as to how to avoid the continuing disenfranchisement of Black voters as the much hated "old white guy" meme the left has been pushing for years lands squarely in Kaine's lap.

Castro for the Latino vote.

Not the best choice (would probably be Kaine), but for that demographic, a helpful one.

I don't want to see Warren as VP, I hope to see her make the big run one day though.

I thought about that, but how many more Latino votes would he get Clinton than she would already get? Kaine would help get independent votes, and from everything I have heard, is just downright likable.

According to reports he can speak Spanish, so he can "habla espanol" with the audience the Dems have been pandering to for years.

Yea Republican presidential and/or vice presidential nominees never spoke spanish or attempted to speak spanish! :roll:

Yea Republican presidential and/or vice presidential nominees never spoke spanish or attempted to speak spanish! :roll:

Yes they have. And your point?

I simply mentioned he spoke Spanish, which is a plus since it will allow him to capitalize on the taxpayer money the left has handed out to pander to this demographic.

Who will be Hillary Clinton's VP nominee?

According to the AP the shortlist is:
Elizabeth Warren
Tim Kaine
Julian Castro

Hillary Clinton's VP search moves into more intense phase

If it's not Elizabeth Warren, I will be voting Green, because it'll prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that that Hillary is a total corporate shill.

It's worth taking stock that Wall Street, Hillary's biggest cheerleaders and fundraisers, have told her exactly who she is allowed to choose as her VP.

At the end of the day, I'll settle on having Warren as VP so she can run for the presidency in 4-8 years, and maybe push Hillary to the Left a little bit and have a (largely ignored) progressive voice in the Clinton administration. But if Hillary won't even allow that, she deserves the presidency just as much as Donald Trump does.

If it's not Elizabeth Warren, I will be voting Green, because it'll prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that that Hillary is a total corporate shill.

It's worth taking stock that Wall Street, Hillary's biggest cheerleaders and fundraisers, have told her exactly who she is allowed to choose as her VP.

At the end of the day, I'll settle on having Warren as VP so she can run for the presidency in 4-8 years, and maybe push Hillary to the Left a little bit and have a (largely ignored) progressive voice in the Clinton administration. But if Hillary won't even allow that, she deserves the presidency just as much as Donald Trump does.

So if she does the right thing, and picks some one who fits the role of VP perfectly, she is a corporate shill for not picking some one else better suited for other roles?

So if she does the right thing, and picks some one who fits the role of VP perfectly, she is a corporate shill for not picking some one else better suited for other roles?

Castro and the rest are not picks who "fit the role of VP perfectly." They're largely shills like Hillary. If Hillary wants the support of Sanders supporters, she better show them that at least part of her judgment isn't compromised with Wall Street. If she cannot or will not do that, I will not even feign interest in her presidency. If she picks Warren against her donors, and Warren is obviously a huge asset to her administration, then maybe Hillary might show enough good judgment that I could set aside her appalling and abhorrent primary tactics and the slandering that her campaign waged against myself and fellow Sanders supporters.

If she can't even do that, then I'm definitely #BernieorBust, or more accurately, #WarrenorBust.

I don't know who Tim Kaine is....

Yes they have. And your point?

I simply mentioned he spoke Spanish, which is a plus since it will allow him to capitalize on the taxpayer money the left has handed out to pander to this demographic.

So going by the "logic" you have presented, has the "right" not also "pandered for years"?

So going by the "logic" you have presented, has the "right" not also "pandered for years"?

Pandered to people who speak Spanish? I don't think so. At least I can't think of actions that encourage law breaking, and provides monetary rewards and many other gifts for doing so.

I think the facts line up pretty solid on the left in that regard.

Pandered to people who speak Spanish? I don't think so. At least I can't think of actions that encourage law breaking, and provides monetary rewards and many other gifts for doing so.

I think the facts line up pretty solid on the left in that regard.

BUT REPUBLICANS have spoken spanish......!!!!!!!!

BUT REPUBLICANS have spoken spanish......!!!!!!!!

Well yes they have. There are many Republicans who are Mexican. I would expect they would potentially speak Spanish.

I think in your zeal, you've lost track of the original comment I made.

In regards to picking who I thought Hilary would pick for VP I included the following statement you chose to comment on: (Post #8)

According to reports he can speak Spanish, so he can "habla espanol" with the audience the Dems have been pandering to for years.​

What you're going on about now, I have little clue.

Gotta be Warren. The tide is swelling. Anybody else would be a mistake in my opinion.

Not a chance. Hillary would never pick someone who would upstage her. So Warren is out. Besides, Hillary is a cautious person and she probably thinks she has this election in the bag. So she will make a cautious, uncontroversial pick. Tim Kaine seems to fit the bill.

Well yes they have. There are many Republicans who are Mexican. I would expect they would potentially speak Spanish.

I think in your zeal, you've lost track of the original comment I made.

In regards to picking who I thought Hilary would pick for VP I included the following statement you chose to comment on: (Post #8)

According to reports he can speak Spanish, so he can "habla espanol" with the audience the Dems have been pandering to for years.​

What you're going on about now, I have little clue.

Well according to the original comment you posted, her picking a VP has to do solely with someone ability to speak spanish.... And according to you Dems pander to that issue.. But in fact, Republicans do the same thing.... So why is "speaking spanish" only a Dem partisan issue but not a Republican partisan issue?

Warren could never run after Hillary. She is in her late 60s now. In 8 years, she would be almost 75. Her chance of being president is over. She could have won handily this time had she run.

Back
Top Bottom