• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Who were the major luminaries through history whose deeds still impact us today?

I guess because we ignore the U.S. Constitution so much these days, that it did not strike me that it affects us all terribly anymore.

King George 3rd's incompetence led to the document's drafting, ultimately, after the revolution and then a short period under the Articles Of Confederation.

So indirectly I have given credit for all that to King George.

Also, I tended to focus on individuals not on group efforts. And it was the Philadelphia and Boston Freemasons that were largely responsible for the American Revolution and the subsequent creation of a new government. So I would be inclined to credit the Freemasons with that instead.

individually, and as a collective those men, and others completely changed the course of human history

and you want to give the "credit" to the idiot king who basically caused it?

okay...i'm done with this thread

/fail

individually, and as a collective those men, and others completely changed the course of human history

and you want to give the "credit" to the idiot king who basically caused it?

okay...i'm done with this thread

/fail

If King George 3rd had managed the American Colonies better, there would have been no revolution.

Same as Canada and Australia then. They were both patient enough to wait until England learned that it could not effectively manage it's worldwide empire. Same thing had happened to the Spanish earlier.

So it was really George who has had the influence on us today, not so much the rebels themselves.

Back
Top Bottom