• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Who Was Novak's Source ??

Stu Ghatze

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Novak himself said it was NOBODY from the whitehouse, ...so WHY didn't Fitzgerald question Novak..?

Maybe Joe Wilson actually OUTED his OWN wife without realizing it??

This investigation is fraudulent because Wilson, & Plame are assisting Fitzgerald, ..& they should NOT be.

Unless Novak is checked out by Fitzgerald, ...this whole investigation will be considered a FRAUD, with the REAL intention of it being all about damaging the Bush administration, & nothing else.

The whole filthy media is trying to tie this in with that BUsh lied about the justification for war with Iraq, ...NOT about the charge of Valerie Plame being exposed as a CIA agent, ..& this filthy lying media is also trying to portray this whole affair to "watergate", & ..its ALL bullcrap!

Nothing BUT a scandalous out of control media, in an attempt to see Bush go down with his presidency.

FRAUD, FRAUD...& nothing BUT a phoney fraudulent attempt to take this so called "CIA investigation down a road to DESTROY Bush by grand jury proxy, & by Fitzgerald, & THE AMERICAN PEOPLE WHO VOTED FOR BUSH SEE IT FIRST HAND!;)

What a phoney way to make the democrats relevant!

Last edited:
Stu Ghatze said:
Novak himself said it was NOBODY from the whitehouse, ...so WHY didn't Fitzgerald question Novak..?

This investigation is fraudulent because Wilson, & Plame are assisting Fitzgerald, ..& they should NOT be.

Unless Novak is checked out by Fitzgerald, ...this whole investigation will be considered a FRAUD, with the REAL intention of it being all about damaging the Bush administration, & nothing else.

The whole filthy media is trying to tie this in with that BUsh lied about the justification for war with Iraq, ...NOT about the charge of Valerie Plame being exposed as a CIA agent, ..& this filthy lying media is also trying to portray this whole affair to "watergate", & ..its ALL bullcrap!

Nothing BUT a scandalous out of control media, in an attempt to see Bush go down with his presidency.

FRAUD, FRAUD...& nothing BUT a phoney fraudulent attempt to take this so called "CIA investigation down a road to DESTROY Bush by grand jury proxy, & by Fitzgerald, & THE AMERICAN PEOPLE WHO VOTED FOR BUSH SEE IT FIRST HAND!;)

Cooper told the grand jury that he only learned Plame was Wilson's wife after columnist Robert Novak named her in a column the week after Cooper had talked to Rove. Novak has already testified before the grand jury and, unlike Cooper and Miller, was never threatened with jail, prompting speculation he cut a deal with prosecutors.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,171482,00.html

Could you at least pretend you're a Liberal for awhile so you stop embarrasing the Conservatives?....:roll:

Stu Ghatze said:

Stu, you're really 17 right?

Stu Ghatze said:

From Novak's article: Two senior administration officials told me that Wilson's wife suggested sending him to Niger to investigate the Italian report.

Fitzgerald did question Novak. Novak cooperated and made some kind of deal.

LMAO. I love it how these repubs try to blame the fact that the Bush Adminstration finally got caught in it's pathetic and mean-spirited games on the media. What a joke, Stu. Are we both living in the same country?

It may have been "Official A."

danarhea said:
According to the Associated Press, Rove WAS "Official A".

Read this.

No...The article clearly states...

Deputy White House Chief of Staff Karl Rove was the mysterious 'Official A' named in the indictment of Vice President Dick Cheney's Chief of Staff, lawyers close to the case have told RAW STORY.

Friday's indictment identified "Official A" as a "senior official in the White House who advised Libby on July 10 or 11 of 2003" about a conversation with conservative columnist Robert Novak about an upcoming column where Plame would be identified as a CIA employee. Novak's column ran Jul. 14, 2003.

Rove is expected to be identified in several newspapers Saturday. The Associated Press is also close to naming Rove as 'Official A.'

cnredd said:
No...The article clearly states...

Deputy White House Chief of Staff Karl Rove was the mysterious 'Official A' named in the indictment of Vice President Dick Cheney's Chief of Staff, lawyers close to the case have told RAW STORY.

Friday's indictment identified "Official A" as a "senior official in the White House who advised Libby on July 10 or 11 of 2003" about a conversation with conservative columnist Robert Novak about an upcoming column where Plame would be identified as a CIA employee. Novak's column ran Jul. 14, 2003.

Rove is expected to be identified in several newspapers Saturday. The Associated Press is also close to naming Rove as 'Official A.'

OK, I jumped the gun, but RAW STORY rarely misses. Whle everyone was speculating about 5 indictments, 22 indictments, etc, etc, RAW STORY said it would be ONE indictment on Friday. This is just about the most accurate site I know of. But you are right, I did jump the gun. I will respost that statement on Monday or Tuesday. :)

At any rate, it is still orders of magnitude more accurate than someone speculating that Joe Wilson may have outed his own wife. LOL.

Last edited:
cnredd said:
Cooper told the grand jury that he only learned Plame was Wilson's wife after columnist Robert Novak named her in a column the week after Cooper had talked to Rove. Novak has already testified before the grand jury and, unlike Cooper and Miller, was never threatened with jail, prompting speculation he cut a deal with prosecutors.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,171482,00.html

Could you at least pretend you're a Liberal for awhile so you stop embarrasing the Conservatives?....:roll:

I loved your last question!! :smile: I do not try to embarrass anybody, ..but I must tell some of you repubs/conservs something:

You people are much to nice to the liberals/dems around here; & rarely are granted it in return, except on some occasions.

I have NOTHING personal against anybody, ...I just cannot stand it when the truths of liberalism as "THEY ARE"...get watered down.

I would say Limbaugh has it about right, refering to congressional democrats/liberals ..when he says; "You cannot cut deals with them, share power, or play ball with them, as they have one focus only to force liberalism down everyboy's throat whenever they have the opportunity.

Now I'm not saying the liberal/democrat members of this site act in same fashion; ...i think proper correctness should be established myself between our ideologies.

I'm not saying they should be treated as enemies now, ...but they do go way out of their way to destroy repubs/conservs, villify, & use race, class warfare, & invent phoney focus groups...& DO USE THE WILLING MEDIA to help advance their party ideology.

My Lord, look at the slander & name calling they have applied to Bush from the senate walls,...it has been despicable.

IMO, liberalism is bringing this country down a very dangerous path, ...but will not get into it for the moment!;)

Stu, you need some serious, serious help. If Limbaugh is your hero, you have some MAJOR crediential problems. I can almost picture you listening to Rushy, incessantly nodding as his words pollute your brain.

Redd is right... you're an embarrassment. You do not come close to reflecting true conservative values.You have an inability to comprehend words, sentences and thoughts that do not agree with your preconceived notions. If Rushie tells you that the sky is red, well damnit, it is.

It's really very sad.

Now going back to the topic at hand, was it revealed who was Novak's source? If he cut a deal, and revealed the two high level officials, how come nobody was charged? I also wonder if the law is strong enough to be upheld. Are there any loopholes?

Middleground said:
I also wonder if the law is strong enough to be upheld. Are there any loopholes?
Loopholes you say? Hmm. You bet. The way the law is worded you are only culpable if you knew that the CIA agent in question was designated as a covert agent. This is much more difficult to prove than who gave out the name. This is likely one of the reasons nobody has been charged for it.

gwynn said:
Loopholes you say? Hmm. You bet. The way the law is worded you are only culpable if you knew that the CIA agent in question was designated as a covert agent. This is much more difficult to prove than who gave out the name. This is likely one of the reasons nobody has been charged for it.

Thanks for that. And yes, you are right... it would be almost impossible to prove. As if the Bush cartel are going to rat on each other. :roll:

That said, would you not think that if it's proven that indeed Rove and Libby did leak Plame's name to Novak, Miller and/or Cooper, they should at least be automatically fired from their jobs (of course, Libby did step down)? After all, these are public servants who should know better. They themselves have top secret clearance, and should know to be careful when discussing anyone who might also be. If it's proven that they did go through the trouble of identifying Plame, they could of easily found out if she was covert or not. Either they are too stupid to be trusted, or their intentions were malicious. I would agree with both, actually.

If, as it seems, Rove has been identified as the person who leaked the name, I believe he should step down or be tossed. As you say it's either incompetence in not determining her status or willful ignorance of the law. Neither should be tolerated among those so high up in any government.

Back
Top Bottom