• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who was a better president... Bush or Obama?

Grim17

Battle Ready
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
This from an article in "World News and World Report" titled "Most Want Obama Fired In 2012":

According to pollster Doug Schoen, whose new poll shows vast support for the Tea Party movement among voters, the president is still liked by about half the nation. In fact, more like him personally than like his policies. Some 48 percent think he’s a nice guy, while just 42 percent approve of his job performance.

But that personal favorability doesn’t translate into re-election support when voters are asked if Obama deserves a second term. Says Schoen: “Despite voters feelings toward Obama personally, 56 percent say he does not deserve to be re-elected, while 38 percent say he does deserve to be re-elected president.” Worse, Schoen adds, “43 percent say that Barack Obama has been a better president than George W. Bush, while 48 percent say Bush was a better president than Obama has been.”

Hope and Change takes on a whole new meaning... Doesn't it?

Never count your chickens before they're hatched. There's still 2 years to go, and might I remind you, alot can happen in that time.

Pretty much this. To fairly judge President Obama, or President Bush for that matter, more time is needed.

Based on what we know right now, which is all we can ever do, I pick neither. Both are, or were, awful.

I have been noticing your threads and posts Grim, and you are beyond conservative. In fact, I find a lot of your thoughts very troubling to my country. As far as legislation for presidential terms, President Obama has until 2012 to run for presidency again... If you are a "professor" you may want to ask an English professor if he / she can assist in your deficiency.

I give my president the full support needed for him to have a successful presidency; having a successful presidency will mean positive things for America.

It is a true shame, much like the dark days of inequalities and collective racism, so many "Americans" are disrespectful toward an acting president in the matter that is alarming, frightening, anti-American, yet very typical as well.

I have been noticing your threads and posts Grim, and you are beyond conservative. In fact, I find a lot of your thoughts very troubling to my country. As far as legislation for presidential terms, President Obama has until 2012 to run for presidency again... If you are a "professor" you may want to ask an English professor if he / she can assist in your deficiency.

I give my president the full support needed for him to have a successful presidency; having a successful presidency will mean positive things for America.

It is a true shame, much like the dark days of inequalities and collective racism, so many "Americans" are disrespectful toward an acting president in the matter that is alarming, frightening, anti-American, yet very typical as well.

So basically... you're saying what he's saying, just the complete other side of the spectrum...

Bush was a terrible President. Obama, in my opinion, is a dangerous President. He wants nothing more than to take the US down to a level playing field with 3rd world countries.

I believe he feels he is doing what he believes is best for this country, same as he would do to an out of control child by grounding him or her.

I only hope Tuesday elections will change slow or stop his plans.

How do you come to the conclusion that Obama's success, will mean success for America? I happen to believe that his policies will not result in "positive things" for America's future, and I'll be damned if I will sit quietly and support them. If you think I stand alone with this belief, I suggest to take a look at what goes down next Tuesday night. You might just find that my view is shared by the majority of the American people.

Now if you want to talk about disrespectful, I suggest you take a look at what the left said about president Bush when he was in office pal.

Praise day at even, a wife when dead,
a weapon when tried, a maid when married,
ice when 'tis crossed, and ale when 'tis drunk.

We don't know what will happen in the next two years, or whether or not President Obama will get another four. But the time to judge how good a President he's been will be when he's done.

ewwww.

8 years of suck is worse then 2 years of suck I guess

A funny question, sure Bush was twenty times better, right.

I don't think you can use the past tense for a president that has 2 years left.

Who knows what he will do in the next 2 years.

Back
Top Bottom