• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who still trusts the CDC?

Do you still trust the CDC for honest information on COVID?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
If they said that then they were absolutely correct. If vaccines are at least as beneficial as getting infected then why on earth would you want to get infected? Just get the vaccine and not risk the many non-lethal complications from an actual infection.....its really not that complicated.
As for getting a "serious reaction" from one of the vaccines, there have been a total of ONE death attributable to the mRNA vaccines. What "serious reactions" are you referring to? Anaphylaxis? Treatable. Myocarditis? Nearly always self resolving. So what "serious reactions" exactly are you afraid of?
If someone had already recovered from COVID, why would they get a shot that provides no benefit. Also, is that all they lied about. King Fauci did the same thing. He lied about masks. He said they really didn’t help. Then he said they did . Then, he said they didn’t again. Should we settle for people in the position of authority granted to them by us, lying to us?
If the Government gave us the information on vaccines, and made them available for those that wanted them, I believe more people would’ve gotten them.

Because they are our public health sgency. It's our data, not theirs., They've had some of this data for more than a year. But they sat on it because it didn't support the political narrative they were pushing.
And what narrative is that?

Most people would not have a clue how to read or understand the data anyway.
Dr. Yvonne Maldonado, Dr. Offit, and thousands of other medical professionals who are making medical decisions, recommendations and policy understand this data. But it was withheld from them.

Answer :-

Only the Compliant and very Gullible .
Lazy people who do not understand the meaning of DYOR and are Headline Only Readers which is now what the bulk of Americans are .

See previous post ( 2) as a perfect example
You posting a do your own research claim explains why your posts are usually so misinformed.

No conclusions. I quoted the Drs above.

What's my political agenda? Demanding accountability from our public institutions? Forgive me.
The hell you say! Ethel2 is completely non-partisan and has no political agenda.😝

If someone had already recovered from COVID, why would they get a shot that provides no benefit. Also, is that all they lied about. King Fauci did the same thing. He lied about masks. He said they really didn’t help. Then he said they did . Then, he said they didn’t again. Should we settle for people in the position of authority granted to them by us, lying to us?
If the Government gave us the information on vaccines, and made them available for those that wanted them, I believe more people would’ve gotten them.
You are getting all the information you need, but I will summarize it for you: the vaccines are safe and extremely effective in preventing severe disease and to a lesser extent preventing infection and transmission.
You think Dr Fauci lied because it fits your fantasy world. He did lie-once-and I was on his case about it. He said that the percentage of people who needed to get vaccinated to provide herd immunity as around 70% when he knew it was higher, and the reason he gave was that we weren't ready to be told it was closer to 90%+. Thats it. He never said masks "don't work". If you disagree please provide that exact quote. One problem people like you have is that you think that, as Paradoxical said here, "science never changes". As new information becomes available new recommendations are issued. Would you prefer that the same recommendations be promoted regardless of newly discovered facts?

People can argue about trust if they like. I'll just say it's a problem if a scientific institution is withholding information that could be beneficial. The article cites bureaucracy and technical ability, but the glaring takeaway is obviously their reluctance to release information because it might be misinterpreted. I think it's safe to draw an inference on what they meant by that and what the data likely showed, but couldn't they explain that? The slope seems a tad slippery if the CDC, or any similar agency, is going to collect data and then decide whether the public can be trusted with the information.

Smells like 1984 to me.

Blink twice if you need help.
This is a problem a lot of people have: they think they are entitled to all the information all the time. The CDC doesn't work for you. They provide information to the people who need it as best they can. Do I trust them all the time? Of course not. Overall I think they do a pretty good job. I don't believe that they all live in the fantasy world that some here live in where everyone is out to get you and all decisions are part of a great conspiracy. If something the CDC says doesn't make sense I do my own research using other sources. If they aren't providing information I THINK I am should be made public and there is no good reason to withhold it I would get on their case as I did Dr Fauci when I caught him lying.

I just don't live my life thinking that everyone is out to get me and that every decision is part of a grand conspiracy to make money or control me.

This is a problem a lot of people have: they think they are entitled to all the information all the time. The CDC doesn't work for you.

WTF? Who do they work for?

The make shit up. They make it up to fit their narrativ. They hide information and I believe they know far more about what the Chinese where doing in Wuhan. And I’m a 3x vaccinated lib

Last edited:
So what? The US Government withheld tons of information during WWII because the goal was to win and public perception would affect that.

To take the word of an agency that admits publicly they lied because the truth was “not ready for prime time”, validates their opinion that the citizens they work for are too dumb to tell the truth.
What data did they lie about?

The make shit up. They make it up to fit their narrativ. They hide information and I believe they know far more about what the Chinese where doing in Wuhan.
Course you do.

Seems you are missing the point. Is withholding the data detrimental to the public's health?
Making medical and policy decisions based on incomplete data certainly runs that risk. Do you disagree?

Making medical and policy decisions based on incomplete data certainly runs that risk. Do you disagree?
They have the data... they are just not sharing. How does that support your assertion?

This is a problem a lot of people have: they think they are entitled to all the information all the time. The CDC doesn't work for you. They provide information to the people who need it as best they can. Do I trust them all the time? Of course not. Overall I think they do a pretty good job. I don't believe that they all live in the fantasy world that some here live in where everyone is out to get you and all decisions are part of a great conspiracy. If something the CDC says doesn't make sense I do my own research using other sources. If they aren't providing information I THINK I am should be made public and there is no good reason to withhold it I would get on their case as I did Dr Fauci when I caught him lying.

I just don't live my life thinking that everyone is out to get me and that every decision is part of a grand conspiracy to make money or control me.
Nice pivot from claiming their report wasn't ready to they don't owe us peasants anything. I'm sorry The New York Times did this to you.

Vaccine + prior exposure = Greater resistance.

They have the data... they are just not sharing. How does that support your assertion?
I'm a 20 year old. I've been vaccinated. What additional protection does a booster offer me versus the risk of Myocarditis? Why would the CDC withhold the data on the efficacy of boosters for my cohort?

Back
Top Bottom