• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Who skates?

Ryuken

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I doubt any of you skateboard but you never know.... I love it, favorite thing to do in my spare time. We have pros finally coming to the "local" (more in town) skatepark, so I'll definately be heading to that to watch all day. They throw out free stuff to promote their team alot of the time, it'd be pretty cool if they did.

Anyway whats your view on skating?

Ryuken said:
I doubt any of you skateboard but you never know.... I love it, favorite thing to do in my spare time. We have pros finally coming to the "local" (more in town) skatepark, so I'll definately be heading to that to watch all day. They throw out free stuff to promote their team alot of the time, it'd be pretty cool if they did.

Freakin oblivious kids careening at full speed down the crowded sidewalks on my campus, expecting the masses of people to just part for them or to be run over.

Sooo....I'm going to go with they annoy me. :cool:

I went full speed down a hill and the second I jumped off my board (it was about to shoot out due to speed wobbles) when my feet hit the pavement, I flipped over my head, onto my shoulder, rolled 4 or 5 times, and then skidded the remainder down the long flat stretch. If I only had it on camera it would be sweet. :)

But there were no people at least...I've only almost hit someone doing a manual down our road at school, and it was her fault. :p

Last edited:
I hate skateboarding, I hate MANY skateboarders (though there are some I like), I hate the music which some how got entanged with skateboarding.

I've a very negative person, you'll have to excuse me.

Arch Enemy said:
I hate skateboarding, I hate MANY skateboarders (though there are some I like), I hate the music which some how got entanged with skateboarding.

I've a very negative person, you'll have to excuse me.

I hate the rap/hiphop music that got involved in skateboarding too, they should quit with the hardcore crap music. Metallica and other rock was just fine. Plus SNOOP DOG is making his own skateboard company now OMG. That will be crap, and probably wont appear in Active or CCS skate mags.

galenrox said:
hey, let's be fair, Snoop Dogg can do anything better than anyone else ever. I do think that skaters should go back to the US Bombs, NOFX, Metallica, and Slayer though.

Not NOFX! They are just like Anti-Flag. They HATE God and everyone that loves him. So they hate you!

Mixed View said:
Not NOFX! They are just like Anti-Flag. They HATE God and everyone that loves him. So they hate you!

You're a liar, You've got no proof for such accusations!

I like a few of NOFX's songs, same with Slayer, but I'm more interested in stuff like System of a Down, Blink 182, and Weezer than anything. Bloodhound Gang also rocks.

Ryuken said:
I like a few of NOFX's songs, same with Slayer, but I'm more interested in stuff like System of a Down, Blink 182, and Weezer than anything. Bloodhound Gang also rocks.

They're allright.

I guess.

I'll admit.

I'm a slight conservative that listens to NOFX.

It's pretty bad ain't it?

Mixed View said:
They're allright.

I guess.

I'll admit.

I'm a slight conservative that listens to NOFX.

It's pretty bad ain't it?

Make up your mind.

Mixed View said:

I do.

Several years ago I was boartweaving and heard two teen boys say, "Look at the old guy on a skate board.

I was there when Road Riders 2 came out.

I was there when Tracker trucks came out.

I was there when NTS(?) sealed bearings came out.

I remember when I first saw Ollie Ollie over a 55 gallon drum.

Know what a catamaran with a bud is?

I've been yelled by a LT. Colonel because it didn't seem soldierly.

I've been clocked at 45 MPH. Nathanial Drive. Amherst New Hamshire. The best and safest speed road I've ever seen.

Fell off twice at that speed.

Tighten those trucks.

What an awful feeling when you get speed wobbles and you know exactly what's coming.

I swear you feel the pain before you wreck.

My favorite board was an Alva with full trackers and red Kryptonics.

My friends and I built a half pipe/ramp with 4 feet of vert in 1976.

My kids still don't think I'm way cool. Cooler than the other kid's dads but not cool at their level.

You think I'm full of it? How old is Hawk?

People don't like Tony Hawk because he's good, and he's getting close to going downhill at skating at his age. But he's still the best vert skater despite what the kids say.

And yea those speed wobbles suck, I can handle them on ramps, but on street going super fast, its scary.

I use to skateboard before I starded to drive.

When I can drive, I'll still skate, but I've learned my lesson from long distance skating.

Ryuken said:

I used to do alot of ice skating when I played hockey.

Back
Top Bottom