• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who said it about whom?

Xelor

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
You cannot look at this case without feeling, a deep sadness, but a deeper anger, a deeper anger that this country was jeopardized to the extent it has been in the past two years.
-- Speaker #1

Conspiracies are not born in the sunlight of direct observation. They are hatched in dark recesses, amid whispers and code words and verbal signals. The footprints of guilt must often be traced with the searchlight of probability....If you went to sleep with the ground outside here, and woke up with fresh snow on the ground, certainly you would reasonably conclude that snow had fallen during the night even if you did not see it. So let us not labor under the misapprehension that because some of the evidence available to us is circumstantial it is therefore inadequate.
-- Speaker #2

In sum, [for two years he] has tried to hide incriminating evidence about his involvement and that of his aides in [criminal acts and covering them up] -- first, by attempting to prevent such investigations, by encouraging, witnesses to lie about the incriminating evidence.
-- Speaker #3

The thing that is so appalling to me is that.., when this whole idea was suggested to him, [he] didn't in righteous indignation rise up and say -- "Get out of here. You, are [prominent, powerful and wealthy]. How can you [entertain committing such crimes]?..." -- and throw them out [on their asses,] pick up the phone; and [report them.]
-- Speaker #4

Two questions:
Who uttered the passages above and about whom were they remarking?​
Question Part I answer options (Hint: A different person made each statement):​

1. [*=2]Michael Mukasey
    [*=2]Dick Uihlein
    [*=2]Nancy Pelosi
    [*=2]Chris Wallace
    [*=2]Elizabeth Holtzman
    [*=2]Shepard Smith
    [*=2]Larry Hogan
    [*=2]Rand Paul
    [*=2]Chris Cuomo
    [*=2]Judge Kimba Wood
    [*=2]John Brennan
    [*=2]Bill Cohen
    [*=2]Michael Cohen
    [*=2]Chuck Schumer
    [*=2]Lawrence Tribe
    [*=2]Andrew Napolitano
    [*=2]Rudy Giuliani
    [*=2]Chief Justice Roberts
    [*=2]Gary Cohn
    [*=2]Rachel Maddow
    [*=2]T.S. Ellis
    [*=2]Rod Rosenstein
    [*=2]George H.W. Bush
    [*=2]Jerome Waldie
    [*=2]Rex Tillerson
    [*=2]Ted Cruz
    [*=2]Charlie Rangel
    [*=2]John McCain
    [*=2]H.R. McMaster
    [*=2]Gen. Mattis
    [*=2]Orin Hatch
    [*=2]Jeff Flake
    [*=2]Trevor Noah
    [*=2]Kaushik Basu
    [*=2]Dan Eberhart
    [*=2]Barack Obama
    [*=2]Michelle Obama
    [*=2]Judge Leo Glasser
    [*=2]Sen. John Kennedy
    [*=2]Ted Kennedy

Part II answer options:​

1. [*=2]Barack Obama
    [*=2]Harvey Weinstein
    [*=2]Donald Trump
    [*=2]Vladimir Putin
    [*=2]Bill Cosby
    [*=2]Tom Price
    [*=2]Mark Zuckerberg
    [*=2]Jim Comey
    [*=2]John Gotti
    [*=2]George W. Bush
    [*=2]Ronald Reagan
    [*=2]Richard Nixon
    [*=2]David Shulkin
    [*=2]Bob Mueller
    [*=2]Kim Jong Un
    [*=2]Emmanuel Macron
    [*=2]Carter Page
    [*=2]Wilbur Ross
    [*=2]Jared Kushner
    [*=2]Roger Stone
    [*=2]Paul Manafort
    [*=2]G. Gordon Liddy
    [*=2]Oliver North
    [*=2]Bill Gates
    [*=2]FIFA Executives

Obviously, Part II is easier to answer than is Part I, so I don't actually expect folks to guess Part I right. I'm well aware that if one is of a mind to Google for them, one can get them.

What's astounding is that the world in which we live has devolved to the point that the remarks above (albethey edited by me so as not to give away about whom they refer), can conceivably be said of so many people having influence, wealth and power.

….snip...

What's astounding is that the world in which we live has devolved to the point that the remarks above (albethey edited by me so as not to give away about whom they refer), can conceivably be said of so many people having influence, wealth and power.​

Most astounding is that anything negative for Trump is "Fake News".​

Most astounding is that anything negative for Trump is "Fake News".

That does seem to be the "definition" emanating from the current WH, so much so that even in a post-Trump word, that phrase will mean "that which Donald Trump dislikes or that disparages Donald Trump." English has two words for the same basic notions -- "heresy" and "blasphemy" -- but they have general applications rather than the specific one that "fake news" appears to have.

Back
Top Bottom