• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who remembers the watergate scandal? Who remembers the Iran/contra scandal?

What's are all those details you're babbling about? Let me quote you - "Perjury and suborning of perjury isn't complicated. " So, it's simple. He was not convicted of perjury. You're the one who objected to anything more complicated and insisted it's that simple. He was not guilty of perjury, period. He wasn't convicted of it in the impeachment OR in court or even charged with it. You said it's simple. Not guilty.
You said BC was impeached for a blowjob, he wasn't. He was impeached for perjury and suborning perjury, facts are facts. Adjudication does necessarily need a trial, a judgment was rendered.

If Clinton was guilty of perjury as you claim, why wasn't he charged with perjury and convicted of it? Babbling about unfair and corrupt court and media and whatever in 3.. 2..
Adjudication is a word that you need to understand the meaning of.
BS it did. Paula Jones lawsuit was dismissed by the court before trial for failure to prove any damages, and the Monica Lewinsky testimony/evidence presented in that case was ruled as being immaterial to the case at hand. Not to mention Starr, who was later disgraced by his own hypocrisy for playing a role in covering up the Baylor Football sex scandal, considering how harshly he stood against Clinton in regards to Clinton's scandal. In Trump's first impeachment, Starr gave testimony that contradicted the various arguments he used in 1998 to justify Clinton's impeachment. In defending Trump. Starr also claimed in that testimony that he was wrong to have called for impeachment against Clinton for abuse of executive privilege and his alleged efforts to obstruct Congress. While also stating that the House Judiciary Committee was right in 1998 to have rejected one of the planks for impeachment he had advocated for. Which makes one wonder why the hell would he flip-flop so wildly on the question of abuse of executive privilege, and Clinton's alleged efforts to obstruct Congress? Why was it in Starr's mind okay for a sitting President to do so in 2020, but not back in 1998?
Yup, the Jones case of sexual harassment was dismissed, then oops, new evidence came to light. Whether or not perjury and suborning of perjury by a sitting President is an impeachable offense is a matter of opinion.

Are they really conspiracy theories? Consider how Trump emerged from a private meeting with Putin with no Administration or State Dept. personnel allowed to go in with them later emerged from it on their way to making a joint press conference appearance in Helsinki looking all the world like a whipped puppy dog who just got read the riot act by Putin as in don't ever forget that I have ahold you by the '*****' hairs.
View attachment 67390680

View attachment 67390681

Where he threw US Intelligence under the bus in deference to Putin?
Apparently Team Mueller was incompetent.

"The investigation did not establish that members of the Trump Campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities"

First they replaced Fisk with Starr because Fiske wasn't aggressive enough for Republicans and then they widened Starr's mandate because they couldn't pin anything on him with Whitewater.

Most Americans knew it was a hit job Clinton emerged from it more popular and the GOP House took a hit.
BTW, "First they replaced Fisk with Starr because Fiske wasn't aggressive enough", that's not what the official statement said;

"It is not our intent to impugn the integrity of the Attorney General's appointee, but rather to reflect the intent of the Act that the actor be protected against perceptions of conflict," the court panel wrote.

You said BC was impeached for a blowjob, he wasn't. He was impeached for perjury and suborning perjury, facts are facts. Adjudication does necessarily need a trial, a judgment was rendered.
I never said BC was impeached for a BJ, that's a lie. You said it's as simple as the word perjury. You denied there was anything more complicated to the story than that one word. He was not convicted of perjury and you dodged the question why he wasn't charged and convicted of it if he was guilty as you said.

Complicated is a word you need to learn the meaning of.
Regardless of what you believe complicated means in regard to BC's malfeasance, his perjury and suborning perjury before the Grand Jury was a simple matter totally substantiated by irrefutable evidence.

No, it wasn't. It WAS hampered by a very limited scope by trump.
Team Mueller could have requested a broadening of the mandate if the evidence warranted. They didn't, that means only means two things, incompetence or no evidence.

People must be really dumb to think republicans and democrats are different. All these politicians are corrupt. You want a link? They are all the same. They made their millions the same way.

Did you hook anything with this dumb thread. You talk about corrupt republicans during a time when Max Waters is the most corrupt politician in Washington and half of the politicians are making millions buying and selling stock based on decisions they make.

Does anyone remember the Johnson lies about Vietnam? What about the Clinton Scandals? The IRS targeting scandal? The ATF gunwalking scandal?
Give it a break.
History tells us something different. Go back to the Nixon administration and see how many republicans have been indicted, found guilty and gone to jail until present day. Now compare how many dems have been indicted and gone to jail in the same time span and you get? You get something very different from what you say.

I'm sorry you've gotten to the point where criminal behavior from your party is ok. Sad.

I never said BC was impeached for a BJ, that's a lie. You said it's as simple as the word perjury. You denied there was anything more complicated to the story than that one word. He was not convicted of perjury and you dodged the question why he wasn't charged and convicted of it if he was guilty as you said.
You said "Ya, Clinton behaved badly. It wasn't impeachable"

You're either condoning perjury and suborning perjury by sitting President or just alluding to a blowjob.

56-Years-Of-Presidencies-2.jpg

^And it doesn't even include the Trump Administration...
No matter how many times this info is posted the right will keep telling us both sides are the same.

You're either condoning perjury and suborning perjury by sitting President or just alluding to a blowjob.
We're repeating. I said it's more complicated. You can't understand that. So we left it that he was not guilty of perjury, and then you lied that I said he was impeached for a sex act.

No matter how many times this info is posted the right will keep telling us both sides are the same.
It's not that they're saying they're the same, it's that they're saying they prefer the Republican crimes.

Team Mueller could have requested a broadening of the mandate if the evidence warranted. They didn't, that means only means two things, incompetence or no evidence.
No, he could not. He was executing orders, and that was that. If he had asked, the answer was no and he knew that. What it means is trump corruption and coverup.

We're repeating. I said it's more complicated. You can't understand that. So we left it that he was not guilty of perjury, and then you lied that I said he was impeached for a sex act.
Then help me "understand" ?? I don't lie, if you're not concise in conveying your thoughts on a forum that's not my problem.

No, he could not. He was executing orders, and that was that. If he had asked, the answer was no and he knew that. What it means is trump corruption and coverup.
Actually he could;

"any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation," according to the letter appointing him.

Adjudication is a word that you need to understand the meaning of.

Yup, the Jones case of sexual harassment was dismissed, then oops, new evidence came to light. Whether or not perjury and suborning of perjury by a sitting President is an impeachable offense is a matter of opinion.
Oops... stop with the lying. No new evidence came to light whatsoever. She decided to agree to a settlement while her case was under appeal. Better to get something rather than possibly nothing, I guess.

Oops... stop with the lying. No new evidence came to light whatsoever. She decided to agree to a settlement while her case was under appeal. Better to get something rather than possibly nothing, I guess.
You seem to know so little about so much;

I don't lie

You seem to know so little about so much;

I don't lie
Of course you do. The judge in the Paula Jones case had ruled that the Lewinsky matter was immaterial to her case. So the appeal was most likely going to fail.
The judge in the Jones case later ruled the Lewinsky matter immaterial, and threw out the case in April 1998 on the grounds that Jones had failed to show any damages. After Jones appealed, Clinton agreed in November 1998 to settle the case for $850,000 while still admitting no wrongdoing.[13]
Starr is only one who concluded that Clinton had committed perjury

Are today's republicans really just as corrupt as republicans from years gone by? I've been watching a few documentaries about both of them recently and the one thing that stands out, the lying. Before trump came along Reagan was the fire breathing mad cowboy out to destroy communism, that was his public face. Nixon too was going to put communism in its place until he went off the deep end seeing enemies everywhere, which oddly enough seems to have turned into a gop tradition. Anyway to keep the string intact W lied us into a war with Iraq over WMD's that didn't exist and yet republican voters over the years just keep voting republican even after finding out their leadership lies to them on huge scales. Why? How do you make these things ok in your minds?
I lived through both. However why are you limiting your angst to republican scandals? Democrats have theirs as well. The Clintons have been embroiled in non-stop scandals going all the way back to the 1980s. Hillary is embroiled in one as we speak. And there was the Keating 5 scandal which involved 4 democrats and one republican.

Apparently Team Mueller was incompetent.

"The investigation did not establish that members of the Trump Campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities"
The Mueller investigation was conducted through lens of criminal investigation. When an investigator/prosecutor says that he or she could not establish that a crime had been committed. They aren't saying that there wasn't any evidence that a crime had been committed. They're saying that they don't have enough evidence to clear the high hurdle of proving it beyond a shadow of a doubt. And even if Mueller did have enough evidence to prove Trump had committed a crime, such as obstruction of justice, the OLC memorandum stating that a sitting President cannot be charged with crime would have precluded him from leveling that charge against the President. But it would NOT have precluded him from exonerating the President of of any wrongdoing. Which Mueller made clear was something his investigation could not do.

‘If We Had Confidence That the President Did Not Commit a Crime, We Would Have Said So’​

I lived through both. However why are you limiting your angst to republican scandals? Democrats have theirs as well. The Clintons have been embroiled in non-stop scandals going all the way back to the 1980s. Hillary is embroiled in one as we speak. And there was the Keating 5 scandal which involved 4 democrats and one republican.
Of which not one of them has ever been proven to be true.

Of course you do. The judge in the Paula Jones case had ruled that the Lewinsky matter was immaterial to her case. So the appeal was most likely going to fail.

Starr is only one who concluded that Clinton had committed perjury
Of course, my bad, must be why BC settled out of court for 850K

The Mueller investigation was conducted through lens of criminal investigation. When an investigator/prosecutor says that he or she could not establish that a crime had been committed. They aren't saying that there wasn't any evidence that a crime had been committed. They're saying that they don't have enough evidence to clear the high hurdle of proving it beyond a shadow of a doubt. And even if Mueller did have enough evidence to prove Trump had committed a crime, such as obstruction of justice, the OLC memorandum stating that a sitting President cannot be charged with crime would have precluded him from leveling that charge against the President. But it would NOT have precluded him from exonerating the President of of any wrongdoing. Which Mueller made clear was something his investigation could not do.

‘If We Had Confidence That the President Did Not Commit a Crime, We Would Have Said So’​

Yup, that's what prosecutors do. Your point ??

Back
Top Bottom