• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who owns the shutdown

Who owns the shutdown

• Total voters
Don't know how these things work, do you?

They did approve spending. Trump refused to sign it.

It's his shutdown.

I agree that it is Trump, but I can find no bill that has passed both houses that he could actually sign into law. Can you identify such a bill?

I agree that it is Trump, but I can find no bill that has passed both houses that he could actually sign into law. Can you identify such a bill?

The one that the Senate passed 100-0 last month to extend government funding.

We have decades of video evidence of idiot leftist politicians voting FOR walls and fences, BUILDING walls and fences, discussing the risk of illegal immigration and the NEED to fight illegal immigration by using BETTER And MORE EFFECTIVE walls and fences...who now stand in front of those walls and fences THEY BUILT and claim that Trumps walls and fences are racist and ineffective and vow Trump will NOT GET HIS WALL.

This is sheer politics. 5 billion for border security denied in the name of politics has shut down the government. Its ALL the idiot leftists in congress and their mindless muppet supporters.

The House and Senate passed a bill to extend government funds. Trump refused to sign it.

You're right. The House passed a bill. The Senate didn't. So I guess we can add McConnell to the list of responsible parties?

Add whomever you wish, it is all academic anyway.

Add whomever you wish, it is all academic anyway.

I amended my post. I realized that the Senate did pass a bill to continue funding the government and avert the shutdown.

Trump didn't sign it. So yes, he fully owns this.

The one that the Senate passed 100-0 last month to extend government funding.

Interesting, you can't find one either. If you actually answered the question as asked, I would be so interested in the response, now, not so much.

I amended my post. I realized that the Senate did pass a bill to continue funding the government and avert the shutdown.

Trump didn't sign it. So yes, he fully owns this.

Please post a link to the bill signed by both houses that Trump could sign. I'm sure I don't have to point out the process for passing a continuing resolution.

Please post a link to the bill signed by both houses that Trump could sign. I'm sure I don't have to point out the process for passing a continuing resolution.

You can Google it if you're really interested. That's what I do when I want to learn something.

We have decades of video evidence of idiot leftist politicians voting FOR walls and fences, BUILDING walls and fences, discussing the risk of illegal immigration and the NEED to fight illegal immigration by using BETTER And MORE EFFECTIVE walls and fences...who now stand in front of those walls and fences THEY BUILT and claim that Trumps walls and fences are racist and ineffective and vow Trump will NOT GET HIS WALL.

This is sheer politics. 5 billion for border security denied in the name of politics has shut down the government. Its ALL the idiot leftists in congress and their mindless muppet supporters.

The entire wall issue has been based on lies. From false claims of terrorists arriving in caravans, to the fact that that illegal immigration from the Southern border is actually at its low point since the early 1970's, to the false claim of who will fund the wall, to the ever-shifting claim of what the wall will look like or how much it will cost, all of it has been based on lies.

To reward an issue that is constructed entirely of lies is the height of lunacy.

Interesting, you can't find one either. If you actually answered the question as asked, I would be so interested in the response, now, not so much.

Not sure how you could have missed the point. If the Senate passed the bill that was clearly good enough for them last month, then Trump's veto wouldn't matter.

The entire wall issue has been based on lies. From false claims of terrorists arriving in caravans, to the fact that that illegal immigration from the Southern border is actually at its low point since the early 1970's, to the false claim of who will fund the wall, to the ever-shifting claim of what the wall will look like or how much it will cost, all of it has been based on lies.

To reward an issue that is constructed entirely of lies is the height of lunacy.
Tell it to Obama. Tell it to Schumer. Tell it to Pelosi. Tell it to every democrat that has said the exact same thing that Trump has said. Your bull**** and hypocrisy is on full display.

Tell it to Obama. Tell it to Schumer. Tell it to Pelosi. Tell it to every democrat that has said the exact same thing that Trump has said. Your bull**** and hypocrisy is on full display.

And another lie, along with the lie that Trump told everyone about previous Presidents personally confiding in him that they regretted not building a wall.

See, every single thing about the wall from Republicans has been a lie. Why should the country spend billions of dollars on something that is constructed entirely of lies?

Your next response to me will almost certainly be a lie, because that's all Republicans have to offer on this issue.

Over 10,000 bomb carrying terrorists and 30,000 gang members enter the US from the southern border every second. A wall will make it impossible for anyone to enter the US with any illegal intentions. It is 100% guaranteed.

You can Google it if you're really interested. That's what I do when I want to learn something.

Thank you for not reading, how lazy. There is no bill I could find to be signed by Trump. That's all I asked because perhaps in your confidence, you knew of one.

Stay nasty, it's all you have left.

Not sure how you could have missed the point. If the Senate passed the bill that was clearly good enough for them last month, then Trump's veto wouldn't matter.

Not sure how you could have misinterpreted what I asked. I was quite precise in what I requested. Do you always seek out to give posts to give answers to questions not asked?

Not sure how you could have misinterpreted what I asked. I was quite precise in what I requested. Do you always seek out to give posts to give answers to questions not asked?

The point is that your question was pointless. If the Senate took the current House's bill, which is the same bill that was good enough for the Senate last month (remember: 100-0), then it would be veto-proof and "what Trump will sign" is moot.

The point is that your question was pointless. If the Senate took the current House's bill, which is the same bill that was good enough for the Senate last month (remember: 100-0), then it would be veto-proof and "what Trump will sign" is moot.

Then don't jump and answer a different question if it is pointless to you. See how that works.

Then don't jump and answer a different question if it is pointless to you. See how that works.

I'm sorry you don't like me pointing out the irrelevance of your question.

Then you should do some research. That's on you that you didn't pay attention to the news last month.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/dec/19/senate-approves-stopgap-bill-fund-government-avert/

If you are going to post a link, it should at least support your answer. There is no funding bill that has passed both Houses of Congress and available for Trump to sign.

I would have thought you realized that it takes 2 Houses of Congress to both pass the same bill even before it goes to the President.
I would have thought you realized that a bill introduced in a previous Congress and has not yet passed that Congress, can carry on to the succeeding Congress. Congress has to start from scratch.

If you can find a bill, again I've looked, that has passed both Houses and ready for the President to sign, great, I'd like to read it. If not, you are making crap up. I'm really only interested in your response if you can find one. I've filled my quote of receiving BS on DP for one day.

If you are going to post a link, it should at least support your answer. There is no funding bill that has passed both Houses of Congress and available for Trump to sign.

I would have thought you realized that it takes 2 Houses of Congress to both pass the same bill even before it goes to the President.
I would have thought you realized that a bill introduced in a previous Congress and has not yet passed that Congress, can carry on to the succeeding Congress. Congress has to start from scratch.

If you can find a bill, again I've looked, that has passed both Houses and ready for the President to sign, great, I'd like to read it. If not, you are making crap up. I'm really only interested in your response if you can find one. I've filled my quote of receiving BS on DP for one day.

The bills to continue funding the government were passed. Former Speaker Ryan announced on 12/20 that the President told him he wouldn't sign anything.

It isn't my fault that you weren't paying attention last month.

I'm sorry you don't like me pointing out the irrelevance of your question.

I'm disappointed you don't like me identifying the irrelevance of your answer to my question.

The bills to continue funding the government were passed. Former Speaker Ryan announced on 12/20 that the President told him he wouldn't sign anything.

It isn't my fault that you weren't paying attention last month.

Now you are being willfully ignorant. Nancy Pelosi is Speaker, if a bill that did not pass in the previous Congress, it is irrelevant to today. Come one, this is basic government. The House passes a bill, the Senate passes a bill. If there are differences, they are worked out, typically in a Conference Committee. Once the versions passed are identical, they go on to the President.

Either identify the bill to fund government, and end the partial shutdown, that has passed both houses of the 116th Congress, or move along. I thought I was dealing with someone who had at least basic civics knowledge, not just snark.

I'm disappointed you don't like me identifying the irrelevance of your answer to my question.

What proposal has Trump offered House Democrats that they will accept?

Back
Top Bottom