• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who made you?

Then don't post stupid ****. :)

You presumed. The only one posting stupid **** here is you.

Your world, the religious one, is black and white. Mine is shades of gray. I have no interest in people insisting this celestial north korea they believe in has any domain over me.

That is highly speculative... more science fiction than science.

Well, since I'm not a theoretical physicist, I'll just accept whatever the scientists say. You are free to accept or deny whatever science you like.

https://www.space.com/32728-parallel-universes.html
There actually is quite a bit of evidence out there for a multiverse. First, it is useful to understand how our universe is believed to have come to be....There are at least five theories why a multiverse is possible, as a 2012 Space.com article explained:....

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-43976977
Prof Stephen Hawking's final research paper suggests that our Universe may be one of many similar to our own.

The theory resolves a cosmic paradox of the late physicist's own making.

It also points a way forward for astronomers to find evidence of the existence of parallel universes.

The study was submitted to the Journal of High-Energy Physics 10 days before Prof Hawking died.

In the 1980s, the Cambridge scientist, along with US physicist James Hartle developed a new idea about the beginning of the Universe.

This resolved a difficulty with Einstein's theory that suggested that the Universe began nearly 14 billion years ago but said nothing about how it began.

Instead, the Hartle-Hawking idea used a different theory called quantum mechanics to explain how the Universe arose from nothingness.

The idea tied up one loose end but created another - an infinite number some might say.

As physicists analysed the idea it emerged that it carried with it the implication that the Big Bang would create not just one universe - but an endless supply
_101127444_r9800199-parallel_universes-spl.jpg

You presumed. The only one posting stupid **** here is you.

Your world, the religious one, is black and white. Mine is shades of gray. I have no interest in people insisting this celestial north korea they believe in has any domain over me.

LOL. Disagreed, but you are free to believe as you wish.

Well, since I'm not a theoretical physicist, I'll just accept whatever the scientists say. You are free to accept or deny whatever science you like.

https://www.space.com/32728-parallel-universes.html
There actually is quite a bit of evidence out there for a multiverse. First, it is useful to understand how our universe is believed to have come to be....There are at least five theories why a multiverse is possible, as a 2012 Space.com article explained:....

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-43976977
Prof Stephen Hawking's final research paper suggests that our Universe may be one of many similar to our own.

The theory resolves a cosmic paradox of the late physicist's own making.

It also points a way forward for astronomers to find evidence of the existence of parallel universes.

The study was submitted to the Journal of High-Energy Physics 10 days before Prof Hawking died.

In the 1980s, the Cambridge scientist, along with US physicist James Hartle developed a new idea about the beginning of the Universe.

This resolved a difficulty with Einstein's theory that suggested that the Universe began nearly 14 billion years ago but said nothing about how it began.

Instead, the Hartle-Hawking idea used a different theory called quantum mechanics to explain how the Universe arose from nothingness.

The idea tied up one loose end but created another - an infinite number some might say.

As physicists analysed the idea it emerged that it carried with it the implication that the Big Bang would create not just one universe - but an endless supply
_101127444_r9800199-parallel_universes-spl.jpg

Hum. Space.com tends to be a bit sensationalist. There is some interpretations of quantum mechanics that suggest it from a mathematical point of view, but there is a difference between an interpretation of the results, and being able to TEST to confirm that speculation/interpretation.

LOL. Disagreed, but you are free to believe as you wish.

Disgaree all you like, I don't give a ****. You have no point to make. Move along, plebe.

Disgaree all you like, I don't give a ****. You have no point to make. Move along, plebe.

If that were really true, you wouldn't have bothered to use the HS tough guy routine by responding. If you really don't care what I think, why bother posting to me? What do you think you have to prove to me? Others?

Plebe? Are you in college? A sophomore trying to look good to the juniors and seniors?

Hum. Space.com tends to be a bit sensationalist. There is some interpretations of quantum mechanics that suggest it from a mathematical point of view, but there is a difference between an interpretation of the results, and being able to TEST to confirm that speculation/interpretation.

Sensationalistic is a person who disagrees but only supplies opinion, not facts or supporting evidence.

For a pantheist like me, the answer is the infinitely intelligent and creative Universe. I just call it God.

I naturally assume that whoever made me is a whole lot smarter than I am. Therefore I do not worship my own intelligence and ego. I know they are limited and very likely to be wrong most of the time.

Atheists, however, do not believe that we were made. Instead, they think that atoms and molecules banged into each other randomly and by accident somehow created life. They have no explanations for how this could have happened, but they feel very certain that it did.

Therefore, atheists have no reason to doubt human intelligence. They do not suspect that their reasoning process could be wrong.

So I see this as one big difference between believers and atheists. BUT -- fundamentalist Christians have something in common with atheists.

Fundamentalist Christians don't have faith in their own intelligence and reasoning powers, but they DO have faith in the intelligence of the people who wrote their bible.

Atheists and fundamentalist Christians are the outspoken extremes in the US. But most Americans are probably pantheists like me, even if they don't know the word and never thought much about it.

We were created by something infinitely smarter than ourselves. We are all connected in ways we can't understand. Life is meaningful in ways we can't imagine.

This kind of faith is inclusive, not divisive. It makes sense scientifically. No, it can't be proven. But we can each experience its miracles in our personal lives.

Most of the atheists I've met are fundamentalists, that is, they have a very fundamentalist grasp on religion, especially Christianity.

Most of the atheists I've met are fundamentalists, that is, they have a very fundamentalist grasp on religion, especially Christianity.
Most of the New Atheists I've encountered, that is to say most strident internet atheists, are Nescients when it comes to religion and particularly to the religious experience.

Most of the New Atheists I've encountered, that is to say most strident internet atheists, are Nescients when it comes to religion and particularly to the religious experience.

I don't know where the line is between "new" and "old" atheism is, I'm guessing the "new" atheists are the ones with the biggest mouths - evangelical atheists, spreading the misery of their non-belief. They're miserable and they want you to be miserable, too.

I don't know where the line is between "new" and "old" atheism is, I'm guessing the "new" atheists are the ones with the biggest mouths - evangelical atheists, spreading the misery of their non-belief. They're miserable and they want you to be miserable, too.

Citation that atheists are miserable and they want others to be miserable too ? and what does this unsubstantiated claim have to do with the thread topic?

Last edited:
Citation that atheists are miserable and they want others to be miserable too ? and what does this unsubstantiated claim have to do with the thread topic?
Atheists are miserable by definition. Misery loves company axiomatically. Atheists are miserable because they cannot answer the OP question correctly.

Atheists are miserable by definition. Misery loves company axiomatically. Atheists are miserable because they cannot answer the OP question correctly.

what definition? What is the correct answer to the OP question, and what definitive proof can you provide, if any, to support your alleged correct answer?

what definition? What is the correct answer to the OP question, and what definitive proof can you provide, if any, to support your alleged correct answer?
Atheists are also miserable because they don't know they're miserable by definition and, incapable of answering the OP question correctly, waste their time asking fool questions instead.

Atheists are also miserable because they don't know they're miserable by definition and, incapable of answering the OP question correctly, waste their time asking fool questions instead.

Your dodge and defeat is duly noted by all and graciously accepted.

you're being trolled. stop taking the bait.

Yes, good advice. There is no way that these two jokers think that all atheists are miserable, unless they know every atheist in the world. Ignore them.

Yes, good advice. There is no way that these two jokers think that all atheists are miserable, unless they know every atheist in the world. Ignore them.

But the projections are good for a laugh.

Back
Top Bottom