• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who Loves Sedona, AZ

HikerGuy83

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Sedona is loaded with unique individuals whose politics are more likely to be left leaning.

But it's a beautiful place and I love going there.

A change of pace (from debate) if that is O.K. with the mods.

I have been there a few times. Hiking in the area is stunning - absolutely gorgeous scenery, especially in winter when it snows.

Drove through on way to Grand Canyon, absolutely gorgeous

sedona-arizona-picture-id171588586

We go up all the time, my brother and sis in law live there. She is a singer, does gigs up tjere.

Post #5 is Cathedral Rock.

I've seen this on posters in foreign countries.

It is iconic.

We go up all the time, my brother and sis in law live there. She is a singer, does gigs up tjere.

I lived there for three years of high school and wasn't all that thrilled (moved from Scottsdale). Sedona was not incorporated and did not have a high school at the time.

I had to travel to Cottonwood to attend Mingus Union.

If you haven't already done it I highly recommend Shaman's Cave (otherwise known as Robber's Roost). It is an easy hike, but somewhat hard to get to as you are on a crude unpaved road for several miles. But worth it!

Michelle Branch is from Sedona.

I just recently learned that.
Same brother used to date her mom! She went to our high school in Phoenix...

I lived there for three years of high school and wasn't all that thrilled (moved from Scottsdale). Sedona was not incorporated and did not have a high school at the time.

I had to travel to Cottonwood to attend Mingus Union.
When did you go to Mingus? One of my high school teachers/coaches taught up there for a long time, Jeff Keck.

I've been there. It seems like never ending strip malls and some rocks to climb around in while people hawk crystals and praddle on about vortexes and other nonsense.

Reactions: Bum
Sedona is loaded with unique individuals whose politics are more likely to be left leaning.

It's a great place, especially around Christmas time. Perfect weather.

I've been there. It seems like never ending strip malls and some rocks to climb around in while people hawk crystals and praddle on about vortexes and other nonsense.

My little brother worked at Oaxaca restaurant while a freshman at Mingus.

One of his regulars was a group of six women who got together to discuss their latest as they danced for martians.

Perfectly harmless. Always interesting.

Ruby Focus was a huge thing there.

This was the energy source that would power the earth once the sun went out.

Not sure they ever talked about the fact that the earth would be consumed as the sun expanded.....

But what-the-helk.....it was fun.

They were harmless.

Sometime I'll share a story about their sign.

Sedona is definitely beautiful and well worth a visit if you're in the area. There is great sightseeing, great hiking, great camping and a few other places to see in that general area.

Suggest you not go on holidays or weekends if possible.

It used to be somewhat sleepy (although the tour bus exhaust could choke the canyon pretty good).

Now.....OMGosh......what a disaster.

I've been there lots recently on weekdays.

Still pretty sleepy at those times.

You need to head North of town, into the Canyon. The stretch between Sedona proper and Flagstaff is pretty amazing.

You need to head North of town, into the Canyon. The stretch between Sedona proper and Flagstaff is pretty amazing.
You have to be careful in that area. There is a large slick rock section that, if you're not careful, can send you sliding down the canyon!

Sedona is a beautiful place. Been there many times. Love the rocks, yes, but the main street in town is amazing too. I also enjoy going over to Jerome when I'm in the area.

Back
Top Bottom