• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who likes ziti?

Rumpel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I had never heard or read about ziti before.
Now I read about an Easter Ziti on this forum and looked it up.

Baked ziti is a popular casserole with ziti pasta and a Neapolitan-style tomato-based sauce characteristic of Italian-American cuisine.
It is a form of pasta al forno.

Typically, the pasta is first boiled separately until it is nearly, but not completely, done. The almost cooked pasta is added to a tomato-based sauce. The tomato-coated pasta is then combined with cheese, typically a mixture of ricotta, mozzarella, and parmesan. Other ingredients can be added with the cheese, such as ground meat, sausage, mushrooms, peppers, and onions. The combined ingredients are placed in a baking dish, covered with mozzarella cheese, baked in the oven and served hot.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baked_ziti

And which way do you enjoy your ziti?

More about ziti:

Ziti is an extruded pasta. It is smaller than rigatoni, but larger than mezzani. Ziti may have smooth sides, but the addition of the word rigati (meaning "ridged") denotes lines or ridges on the pasta's outer surface. Ziti is similar to penne, but often has ends cut in a straight line versus diagonally. Penne are usually a little narrower and the ends are cut diagonally, suggesting a quill pen. Ziti are often stuffed and baked, where penne are sauced or used in pasta salads. Ziti in the US is most commonly associated with the Italian-American dish of baked ziti. In Sicily, it is traditionally served at a wedding feast.

Ziti is the plural form of zito, meaning "bride" or "groom" in Sicilian dialect.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ziti

There is no such thing as Easter Ziti. That's as made up as the god it supposedly celebrates.

not a big fan of refined carbs

If we allow people to invent holiday meals, they're gonna laud it over everyone. Holiday meals are traditional. They represent values and priorities and customs and history. You can't make shit up. That's disrespectful.

If we allow people to invent holiday meals, they're gonna laud it over everyone. Holiday meals are traditional. They represent values and priorities and customs and history. You can't make shit up. That's disrespectful.
we are having easter tacos today (and yet, I am aware of my username ...) because they taste good.

I am about to whip out the pressure cooker and make some korean beef for said tacos too.

its just messy traditions in this household!

There is no such thing as Easter Tacos.

there is now! (also, I tend not to give a damn about traditions in general, but that's just me)

I don't care about traditions, I'm just gonna invent my own. No. You're eating tacos, not Easter Tacos.

It's like spaghetti with pizza toppings.

Ziti and it's close cousins rigatoni and mostaccioli are just other forms of macaroni. Sure, they can be baked, like any other pasta. They are also fine tossed with sauce, like Americans do spaghetti.

I make a mean baked ziti....I'm talking dynamite righteous...

you make shit up all the time...stop being disrespectful...

Eh.....I am not a fan of pasta at all.

I can get down with ziti... :) Not sure if I've ever had it at Easter, but I wouldn't be pissed if it showed up on the table...hehe...

you make shit up all the time...stop being disrespectful...

When I try to make it a tradition, then you can complain.

Ziti is basically lasagna with different shaped noodles. Which means it’s awesome.
It's a lazy and quick way to make lasagna. I make it a few times a year.

Ziti would work fine with the creamy Cajun pasta I just posted. Lasagna, not so much.

Back
Top Bottom