• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who likes Russian or Ukrainian solyanka soup?

Rumpel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Solyanka (Russian: соля́нка, initially селя́нка; [sɐˈlʲankə] in English "Settlers' Soup") is a thick and sour soup of Russian origin[2][3] that is common in Russia, Ukraine, and other states of the former Soviet Union and certain parts of the former Eastern Bloc. It was one of the most popular dishes of the former East Germany (German: Soljanka(-Suppe))

Who likes Russian or Ukrainian solyanka soup?

It is both Russian and Ukrainian - so it is politically neutral.

Btw: I like it!

Nobody likes solyanka soup?
Strange ....

Never tasted it (or heard of it) Looking at the recipe it seems a little bit "heavy". Some recipes say meat and fish, some say olives , I am guessing I would like the first one better, I am a little fussy when it comes to the use of olives.

Never tasted it (or heard of it)

I first tasted it in the German Democratic Republic, once known as "Sowjetische Besatzungs-Zone" (SBZ) = Soviet Occupation Zone :)

I think a Solyanka Soup is one of the best things, that the Russian cuisine can offer!
Or the Ukrainian cuisine, for that matter!

:)

It is worth while to taste this soup! (y)

How do they say “let sleeping dogs lie” in Germany?

Never tasted it (or heard of it) Looking at the recipe it seems a little bit "heavy". Some recipes say meat and fish, some say olives , I am guessing I would like the first one better, I am a little fussy when it comes to the use of olives.
Yesterday I tried to find it in the supermarket here.
It was not there.
But I will keep looking.
Solyanka Soup is really a fine soup. (y)

Russian Solyanka Soup will disappear from the menues, I am sure.
To be replaced by Ukrainian Solyanka Soup.

I still like solyanka soup - regardless of politics.

Back
Top Bottom