• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who likes Rosé?

Rumpel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Some say: "I like red wine and white wine, but not rosé wine. It's neither here nor there ..."

Well, I like Rosé!

Who else?

---------------

Some Info:

A rosé (from French, rosé [ʁoze]) is a type of wine that incorporates some of the color from the grape skins, but not enough to qualify it as a red wine. It may be the oldest known type of wine, as it is the most straightforward to make with the skin contact method. The pink color can range from a pale "onion-skin" orange to a vivid near-purple, depending on the grape varieties used and winemaking techniques. Usually, the wine is labelled rosé in French, Portuguese, and English-speaking countries, rosado in Spanish, or rosato in Italian.

There are three major ways to produce rosé wine: skin contact, saignée, and blending. Rosé wines can be made still, semi-sparkling or sparkling and with a wide range of sweetness levels from highly dry Provençal rosé to sweet White Zinfandels and blushes. Rosé wines are made from a wide variety of grapes and can be found all around the globe.

Rose - Wikipedia

The word Rosé has been strangely changed in the headline.

It is OK here in the text: Rosé!

But it seems it does not work for the title.

My all-time favorite was Almaden Rosé. That was in the early 70's and you can't find it in the original Franconia-type bottle anymore. Light, of course, crisp, great for a picnic.

Does anyone know "Weißherbst"?

News:

"The Best Rosé of 2020" comes from Germany

07/08/2020 The Jury of the 4th edition of the International Rose Championship under the presidency of Mrs. Elizabeth Gabay MW is proud to present the official list of the winners. The prestigious title "The Best Rosé of 2020" has been awarded to the German winery Braunewell/Dinter.

"The Best Rose of 2020" comes from Germany

But anyway - most German rosés are fine! :)

There is a ton of great roses now available. I remember when all you could get was Lancers.

My all-time favorite was Almaden Rosé. That was in the early 70's and you can't find it in the original Franconia-type bottle anymore. Light, of course, crisp, great for a picnic.
I remember that wine! It was my girlfriend's (later wife's) favorite. Today I favor Beringer's White Zin or White Merlot (a tad drier).

Back
Top Bottom